ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal or submit fresh application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

web2005

appeal or submit fresh application

Post by web2005 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:17 pm

I am looking for advise from senior members or those who have personal experience.

Our recent applciation for my wife's HSMP dependent visa was refused on the grounds of lack of proof of genuine marriage and no accomodation details in UK i.e how many bedrooms etc. We are given right of appeal.

What is the quick and safe approch to handle this problem? Make appeal that can take 3-6 months to process or make fresh application with additional documents (usually 15 working days)? If we make fresh application, will it weaken our case as they might object why we didn't appeal and making new aplication? I want to resolve this case as soon as possible. Please advise. Thanks.

Post by 1971 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi Web2005,

Proof of marriage is your marriage certificate,any other proof of marriage and a number of wedding pictures.Under HSMP, your proof of accomodation depending on the number of dependants maybe a one-bedroom apartment.

If you included all of these proofs in your refused application, you can go for an appeal but if not,please, reapply and include all necessary documents with the fees.

Cheers.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:24 am

thx. for your reply. I got time till 18th October to submit appeal form. I managed to gather all documents regarding proof of marriage but still not able to find accomodation evidence documents. I had submitted property documents with original application but ECO's objection was that no details of accomodation i.e number of bedrooms was given.

I know, I can get a property survey report from solicitor or accomodation certificate from local council but it will take time and I will be late to submit appeal form on time. I am thinking to write a letter myself giving property details i.e how many bedrooms etc.

What you think? Only a letter from myself detailing accomodation size along with property documents that show I am the owner of the property will be sufficient? Do I really need to submit evidence of accomodation size? Please help. Thanks.

Post by 1971 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi Web,
If you have a property, it is the best proof of accomodation. But what is the size of your property and do you live there?

Like I said earlier the size of your family determines the type of accomodation you must live in sometimes. So, you know where you live and the size of your family.

You can state it in your cover letter that the property/mortgage is yours and include all supporting evidences of ownership.

I iwsh you the best.

Cheers.

web2005

Post by web2005 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi 1971,

Thanks for your advice. We have decided to appeal and already posted all required documents to my wife so she can post them to BHC.

I had already submitted proof of property ownership with original application but no details of size/accomodation was given. This time I have attached 2 different reports carried out by surveyors when I was remortging my house. These reports detail the size of accomodation. Hope fully this is acceptable by ECO as evidence of size of accomodation.

sagarjv

Post by sagarjv » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:42 pm

web2005 wrote:Hi 1971,

Thanks for your advice. We have decided to appeal and already posted all required documents to my wife so she can post them to BHC.

I had already submitted proof of property ownership with original application but no details of size/accomodation was given. This time I have attached 2 different reports carried out by surveyors when I was remortging my house. These reports detail the size of accomodation. Hope fully this is acceptable by ECO as evidence of size of accomodation.
Hi Web2005
By any chance do you know how many days ECO/BDHC might take to concider your appeal and make a decision!
I am also in the same boat as you are. We sent appeal documents on 03-Nov-2008 and not received any update from BDHC.

Regards
Sagar

berkshire1987

Post by berkshire1987 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:51 pm

web2005 wrote:Hi 1971,

Did you send all the required documents correctly in the first place? If no then just reapply with all the additional documents. If you did send them correctly then appeal the decision. I have seen people wait for around 3 months to receive their appeal decisions.