ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR possibility if out for more than 180 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ajayyespay
Newly Registered
India

ILR possibility if out for more than 180 days

Post by ajayyespay » Sun May 15, 2022 11:59 am

Hi,
I need your input to understand if I should go for ILR application or not.

I have been in UK from February 2017 on tier 2 general visa. I got visa renewed in 2020 to Jan 2023. I flew back to india in March 2020 because of Corona virus spreading rapidly here. Then I got stuck in India for few months due to lockdown and I was flying back in September but had to cancel my ticket because I was not comfortable living my parents in tough times. Later in October my father got covid and was in hospital for almost a month including 14 days in ICU. This made me stop there for few more months and I came back in March 2021. I was away for almost 12 months but less than 365 days.

I need advice if I should apply for ILR now and if so the probability of approval considering the medical situation my father had. I was full time UK employee during this time.

thanks
Ajay

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR possibility if out for more than 180 days

Post by zimba » Sun May 15, 2022 2:19 pm

Your ILR is very unlikely to succeed as you have a gap of more than 180 days.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ajayyespay
Newly Registered
India

Post by ajayyespay » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:14 pm

Thank you for reply Zimba! Did you consider the situation of corona and my father being seriously ill due to covid?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:58 am

ajayyespay wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:14 pm
Thank you for reply Zimba! Did you consider the situation of corona and my father being seriously ill due to covid?
That is at the discretion of the UKVI
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice