ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for British Citizenship when I do not live in a flat?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Are the airplane tickets needed?

Post by Tryptamine » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:40 pm

Hello,

I hope you are well. I would like to ask you for a piece of advice. I would like to apply for British Citizenship and I wonder whether I need all my airplane tickets as proof of arrivals and departures during my traveling out of the UK. I have got a few electronic airplane tickets but I am missing some airplane tickets.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,
Filip

secret.simon

Re: Are the airplane tickets needed?

Post by secret.simon » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:44 pm

They would help you fill in the table of absences from the UK in the naturalisation application, but they on their own are not proof of absences from the UK. You would need additional information like letters from government departments (DWP, HMRC, etc) to prove your residence in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by Tryptamine » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:14 pm

Ok, thank you very much. It is very appreciated.
I have got a letter that I received from the Government, when my application for Indefinite Remain To Leave was successful. Do I need to ask the government departments for any additional proof of my residence that I need for my application?

Thank you so much for your help.
Filip

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Do I need Biometric Residence Permint?

Post by Tryptamine » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:24 pm

Hello,

I am from the Czech Republic and I have got Indefinite leave to remain. I am in the middle of filling the online application. I filled up all details about my referees and now I am stuck.

I am in the section called "Your biometric residence permit (BRP)". I do not have any and I have never had any. So there is perhaps only last option applicable: "No, I do not have a BRP for my most recent leave" but I do not know what it means? What does "for my most recent leave?" mean, please?

I always thought that I need to visit some center where my biometrics will be taken as part of the application for British Citizenship. Or am I mistaken?

Or do I need to have my "Biometric residence permit" done as a mandatory requirement to progress further with my application?

Thank you very much for any piece of advice.

Kind regards,
Filip

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Do I need Biometric Residence Permint?

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:25 pm

There's no requirement to have a "Biometric residence permit" if you are an EU/EEA citizen. You are right you never needed one in the first place. Your proof is your Settled Status.
The biometric requirement for naturalisation is for just that purpose,not connected to having a BRP.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: Do I need Biometric Residence Permint?

Post by Tryptamine » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Thank you very much for your advice and help. It is very appreciated. You are amazing.

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Employment history document

Post by Tryptamine » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:53 pm

Hello,

I would like to ask you for a piece of advice. I can not find some of my Employment Contracts and I am not sure about the date when I started some of my employment. I have already sent emails to my previous employers but I have not got any answers.

I have seen on youtube that there is a possibility to ask for an Employment history document. They say that I should ask here: https://www.gov.uk/get-proof-employment-history

But there is only a form which I must fill on my own and state the dates when I started and finished my employment.

I thought there is a way I can ask HMRC and they will send the list of all my Employment history to me.

Is there anybody who could help me to understand it better?

I hope you have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Filip

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Do I need Flight Tickets to prove my flights?

Post by Tryptamine » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:06 pm

Hello,

I am trying to complete my online form for naturalization and I have heard that people use their flight tickets to prove when they were leaving the UK and when they were coming back.

Unfortunately, I am missing at least 10 flight tickets out of all my journeys.

Are the flight tickets necessary? If not is there any other way how I should prove my traveling in and out of the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:28 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:44 pm
They would help you fill in the table of absences from the UK in the naturalisation application, but they on their own are not proof of absences from the UK. You would need additional information like letters from government departments (DWP, HMRC, etc) to prove your residence in the UK.
You are already advised last year that actual flight tickets are not required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Re: Do I need Flight Tickets to prove my flights?

Post by Tryptamine » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:52 pm

True, I have forgotten that I have already asked. Sorry about that.

Thank you for your time.

kamoe

Re: Employment history document

Post by kamoe » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:11 pm

Tryptamine wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:53 pm
Hello,

I would like to ask you for a piece of advice. I can not find some of my Employment Contracts and I am not sure about the date when I started some of my employment. I have already sent emails to my previous employers but I have not got any answers.
You can just list approximate start and end dates, it does not have to be exact, won't be an issue if you are off by a few days here and there, as long as the general timeline of your employment history is true and given in good faith.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe

Re: Do I need Flight Tickets to prove my flights?

Post by kamoe » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:13 pm

Tryptamine wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:06 pm
I am trying to complete my online form for naturalization and I have heard that people use their flight tickets to prove when they were leaving the UK and when they were coming back.
You do not need to prove your absences, only list them. The Home Office can verify this is they need to, but you are not required to prove this yourself at any point. This is why you have been advised tickets are not necessary, because no proof is necessary.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Can I apply for British Citizenship when I do not live in a flat?

Post by Tryptamine » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:56 am

Hello,

I hope you are well. May I ask you, please, whether I can apply for British Citizenship when I do not have any flat/house? I work as a live-in carer, so I do not rent any property. I live with my customers in their houses and look after them 24/7. I use the care company office address for the correspondence - they forward all letters to the place where my customers are currently living so I can read them. Could that hinder my application?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can I apply for British Citizenship when I do not live in a flat?

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:40 am

Tryptamine wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:56 am
Hello,

I hope you are well. May I ask you, please, whether I can apply for British Citizenship when I do not have any flat/house? I work as a live-in carer, so I do not rent any property. I live with my customers in their houses and look after them 24/7. I use the care company office address for the correspondence - they forward all letters to the place where my customers are currently living so I can read them. Could that hinder my application?
I had to look at the guidance to see whether this is covered anywhere but nothing found - others may know if there are rules around this.

You would be giving a "c/o" address which potentially may raise queries, perhaps whether you are in the country at all. Maybe it would be advisable to explain in a separate cover letter your arrangements, or alternatively use the the address where you actually live, unless you move around frequently.

It seems that most contact from UKVI is via email, but it is possible they still use post office mail, so you need to be assured that your mail is forwarded in a timely manner. Queries or requests for further documents normally have a 10 days deadline ....
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by Tryptamine » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:56 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:40 am
I had to look at the guidance to see whether this is covered anywhere but nothing found - others may know if there are rules around this.

You would be giving a "c/o" address which potentially may raise queries, perhaps whether you are in the country at all. Maybe it would be advisable to explain in a separate cover letter your arrangements, or alternatively use the the address where you actually live, unless you move around frequently.

It seems that most contact from UKVI is via email, but it is possible they still use post office mail, so you need to be assured that your mail is forwarded in a timely manner. Queries or requests for further documents normally have a 10 days deadline ....
Thank you very much for your piece of advice. It looks like I can not use the addresses of my customers. In the beginning, I wanted to list their addresses in my application form as places where I lived during my time in the UK. I consulted with my manager and she sent me an email saying the following: Unfortunately, you wouldn’t be able to give out any customer addresses due to Data Protection and you did not reside at the properties, you were there in an employed capacity.
When I asked her what address I can use, she said that I need to use our company Head Office address.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:24 pm

Your manager appears right. On days when you are not at work or in between postings for work, where do you stay? That address may be suitable too.

Tryptamine
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

Post by Tryptamine » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:07 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:24 pm
Your manager appears right. On days when you are not at work or in between postings for work, where do you stay? That address may be suitable too.
Unfortunately, I stay in the hotels at times when I am not with my customers. In regards to my history of living in the UK, I lived six years out of 8 in a flat, so only recently I have been doing this kind of work. Nevertheless, I am still worried that my current situation when I do not have a flat and I use the address of my care company could hinder my progress in the application. I suppose I will have to ask lawers. Thank you very much for your answer.