ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New private life 5 year route to settlement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tttt4

New private life 5 year route to settlement

Post by tttt4 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:33 am

Hi all

I am completing my application for indefinite leave to remain under the new private life route to settlement on the basis that I am between the age of 18 - 25 and have lived in the UK for more than half my life, as well as having completed at least 5 years qualifying residence. As this is a new route I am slightly confused:

1. Which option do I select from this list:

Category of settlement

Why are you applying for settlement?
(Required)

You are under 18 and the child of a British citizen, or a person with a visa or immigration permission

You are over 18 and had a visa or permission as a child

You have refugee status or humanitarian protection

You have permission on the private life route (you have checked your BRP or grant letter to confirm)

You were born in the UK and have lived here continuously for 7 or more years

None of the above”

I am unsure whether to select permission on the private life route or over 18 and had permission/visa as a child as both are true for me. I was granted PL route as a child. Based on the guidance I think it is the former but
i am not sure. https://www.gov.uk/apply-indefinite-lea ... ivate-life

2. I am not seeing an option for super priority service. I checked at 1 am but unfortunately nothing. Is priority service available for this type of application? I checked the table but as this is a new route it is not on there yet.

Many thanks for your help

tttt4

Re: New private life 5 year route to settlement

Post by tttt4 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:32 am

Anyone please?

zimba
Mood:

Re: New private life 5 year route to settlement

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:28 am

You are over 18 and had a visa or permission as a child
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice