ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to inform home office about baby born in uk

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

simplicity79

How to inform home office about baby born in uk

Post by simplicity79 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:13 pm

just wondering which form can be used to inform home office about this change in circumstances that a baby is born in uk. I think I cannot use online form to inform home office about change in circumstances because it relates to the pbs dependent who migrated as dependents of tier 2 general. But I do not know which form can be used to inform them about baby born in uk when I'm still on tier 2 general.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to inform home office about baby born in uk

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:34 am

There is NO requirement to inform ukvi that you have had a baby.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:03 am

Are you planning to apply for a foreign passport for the baby and then apply for a PBS dependent visa for the child?

If not, then there is no need for the Home office to be aware of the birth of a child in the UK.

The child can reside in the UK without a visa provided it does not leave the UK. If the child leaves the UK and wishes to return, the appropriate visa will be needed.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:43 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:03 am
Are you planning to apply for a foreign passport for the baby and then apply for a PBS dependent visa for the child?

If not, then there is no need for the Home office to be aware of the birth of a child in the UK.

The child can reside in the UK without a visa provided it does not leave the UK. If the child leaves the UK and wishes to return, the appropriate visa will be needed.
Your child can only have free use of the NHS up to 3 months, as long as they don't leave the UK. That 3 months is to allow you to either hold a dependant visa for your child by the end of that 3 months (where you pay for the Immigration Health Surcharge with that visa): or to buy private health insurance for your child. If you choose the latter, you pay the NHS up front of treatment and then claim the money back from your insurance policy.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:26 am

From NHS England
Children born in the UK to those here lawfully for more than 6 months

If you give birth to a child in the UK, your child will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as someone who's ordinarily resident up to 3 months of age, but only if they remain in the UK during that period.

You'll also need to meet one of these criteria:

you have a valid visa of more than 6 months and paid the surcharge for that visa
you have a valid visa of more than 6 months, but were exempt from paying the surcharge
you have a valid visa of more than 6 months, which you applied for prior to 6 April 2015

You should apply for a visa for your child during the 3-month period after your child's birth.

If required, you may have to pay the surcharge for your child. Failure to do so means you may be charged for NHS services provided for your child after the 3-month period.
https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/visitin ... -area-eea/

simplicity79

Post by simplicity79 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:36 pm

Thank you so much