ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) extension, proof of correspondence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

somi_low
Newly Registered
Malaysia

FLR(M) extension, help with application form

Post by somi_low » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:21 pm

Hi All,

I would appreciate any help or advice regarding this issue. I am currently going through the FLR (M) extension online application and am stuck on the finance section. Both my husband and I are self-employed working in the UK, but we'll be mainly relying on his income for my application.

Part of the finance section, states:
Your Employment Income
Are you working in the UK or oversea (yes or no)
with the option to then specify how much and how often the payment is made. The application then requires you to confirm that you will provide employer letters, pay slips and bank statements etc.

This is the same for the partner's income.

There were no other further options to choose self-employment.

Apart from the final bit of the section, which states:
Are there any other income sources you would like to include towards maintenance
Please specify:

I am thus a bit confused on how to go about this section as we are both working in UK but are unable to provide the employer's letters, pay slips and etc as the form requires me to confirm that I will provide them.

Apologies if any of this is a bit confusing.

Many thanks.

somi_low
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: FLR(M) extension, help with application form

Post by somi_low » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:05 pm

My bad it seems I have made a mistake on the earlier sections of the application!

somi_low
Newly Registered
Malaysia

FLR (M) extension, proof of correspondence

Post by somi_low » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:05 pm

Hi everyone, I am currently completing my application to extend my FLR (M) visa.

My current BRP expires on 28/08/2022, I am planning to submit my extension application early Aug.

I'm not sure if anyone has been in a similar situation. Basically as proof of correspondence I am currently lacking any documents under my name for July-Aug 2020 with the same address as my husband. We temporarily moved into a flat that my husband was renting for work/commute purposes whilst looking for a more permanent rental, thus my name was not added to the agreement.

My bank statements and important documents were redirected to a family's address during this period as well.

We have gotten in touch with the previous landlord who was aware and gave me permission to stay there. She has agreed to write a letter confirming that I was staying in the flat with my husband during that period.
In addition to this I have also written a cover letter explaining our circumstances.

Just wondering if this would be sufficient or if anyone could give me any additional advice.

Thank you!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: FLR (M) extension, proof of correspondence

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:43 pm

somi_low wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:05 pm
Hi everyone, I am currently completing my application to extend my FLR (M) visa.

My current BRP expires on 28/08/2022, I am planning to submit my extension application early Aug.

I'm not sure if anyone has been in a similar situation. Basically as proof of correspondence I am currently lacking any documents under my name for July-Aug 2020 with the same address as my husband. We temporarily moved into a flat that my husband was renting for work/commute purposes whilst looking for a more permanent rental, thus my name was not added to the agreement.

My bank statements and important documents were redirected to a family's address during this period as well.

We have gotten in touch with the previous landlord who was aware and gave me permission to stay there. She has agreed to write a letter confirming that I was staying in the flat with my husband during that period.
In addition to this I have also written a cover letter explaining our circumstances.

Just wondering if this would be sufficient or if anyone could give me any additional advice.

Thank you!
Provide as much evidence of correspondence as you can lay your hands on. When it comes down to it,Any item of correspondence can be used as evidence. Get and include said letter from former landlord.

somi_low
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Re: FLR (M) extension, proof of correspondence

Post by somi_low » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:11 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:43 pm
somi_low wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:05 pm

Thank you!
Provide as much evidence of correspondence as you can lay your hands on. When it comes down to it,Any item of correspondence can be used as evidence. Get and include said letter from former landlord.
Thank you very much for your response!