ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application - Urgent help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sugi
Newly Registered

Naturalization Application - Urgent help

Post by Sugi » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:50 pm

Hi All,

I have submitted Naturalization application on 9th May. When I submitted application I missed the middle name as the form said first name and last name. While my passport and ILR has middle name in it. I uploaded all documents through IDV app on 18th May. I realised the mistake only after I uploaded all the documents in IDV app.

I have not yet received any decision. I called up UKVI to understand how I can rectify the mistake and their answer was you cannot change the application.

Is there way where I can write them cover letter giving option of putting correct name or withdrawal of application. I do not want to lose the entire fees.

Please any help / guidance/ pointers are appreciated.

thanks
Sugi

Daydavi
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalization Application - Urgent help

Post by Daydavi » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:58 pm

I did the same thing, but didn’t realise it. I got a call from a case worker asking if my middle name was the same at birth and I confirmed it. She said she was going to update my application with my middle arm and continue on with my checks. That was in April and still no decision.

Daydavi
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalization Application - Urgent help

Post by Daydavi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:32 am

I got a successful email today… and I had the same problem. I wouldn’t worry too much!