ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I stay while waiting for the outcome?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

najim
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hungary

Can I stay while waiting for the outcome?

Post by najim » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:38 am

I have recently applied for EU settlement status. I was leaving in the UK since 2019 and left at the end of 2021 And come back 5 months ago. I have just applied for status.

My question is, my 6 months stay will be up in next month, but still didn’t hear anything from the HO. Can I wait till I get the answer about my application or I have to live?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can I stay while waiting for the outcome?

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:05 am

Do you have a certificate of application (COE) - application pending?
I believe that entitles you to stay awaiting decision - it can also be used for travelling.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:25 am

If they admitted you as a visitor for six months and you made an in-time application, then I believe that Section 3C would be triggered when leave expires and the decision is pending.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:35 pm

najim wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:38 am
I have recently applied for EU settlement status. I was leaving in the UK since 2019 and left at the end of 2021 And come back 5 months ago. I have just applied for status.

My question is, my 6 months stay will be up in next month, but still didn’t hear anything from the HO. Can I wait till I get the answer about my application or I have to live?
Weren't you meant to apply for the EUSS by 30 June 2021? Or have a good reason why you are applyiing after that date?
https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families