ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit visa for parents with previous ADR refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

secret_qa
Nepal

Visit visa for parents with previous ADR refusal

Post by secret_qa » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:56 pm

Hi All,

I've asked about this topic a couple of years ago but since then the situation has changed and there are different scenarios that I have not previously discussed hence starting this as a new topic

Summary of the situation

1. Four years ago
- Parents separated and not living together
- ADR visa of the mother refused
2. Now
- Parents are living together - same address and a lot of evidence - more than 3 years
-father has a well-established business with strong financial evidence
- My siblings are now also looking after them- evidence available

Considering that my mother's ADR was refused and my father never applied for a visitor visa before. my questions are:

1. Is it a good idea to invite my father first on the visit visa and after another year of their visit invite them both together

2. Will it be better to send them both together to Australia or Germany on a visit visa where my other siblings live as this may help us clear concerns of UKVI

As you can understand the intention is that they can visit me once a year for a few months every time. Even though with my father's business and social commitments I really doubt he will like to stay abroad fo more than a couple of weeks.

It will be great if you can share thoughts on what additional financial documents or evidence can support the application and what route you think will be best to get them a visit visa to the UK

Kind regards,

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Visit visa for parents with previous ADR refusal

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:40 am

secret_qa wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:56 pm
Hi All,

I've asked about this topic a couple of years ago but since then the situation has changed and there are different scenarios that I have not previously discussed hence starting this as a new topic

Summary of the situation

1. Four years ago
- Parents separated and not living together
- ADR visa of the mother refused
2. Now
- Parents are living together - same address and a lot of evidence - more than 3 years
-father has a well-established business with strong financial evidence
- My siblings are now also looking after them- evidence available

Considering that my mother's ADR was refused and my father never applied for a visitor visa before. my questions are:

1. Is it a good idea to invite my father first on the visit visa and after another year of their visit invite them both together It's a good plan. Get your dad on a 6 months visa 1st, then when he needs to renew, your mum can apply alongside him. 2 years for him and 6 months visa for her.

2. Will it be better to send them both together to Australia or Germany on a visit visa where my other siblings live as this may help us clear concerns of UKVI Also a good idea, this shows travel history. However, I know someone that had a US valid visa and still got denied a UK visa. It just depends on how you fill your form and paperwork submitted.

As you can understand the intention is that they can visit me once a year for a few months every time. Even though with my father's business and social commitments I really doubt he will like to stay abroad fo more than a couple of weeks.

It will be great if you can share thoughts on what additional financial documents or evidence can support the application and what route you think will be best to get them a visit visa to the UK You have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that they would go back after their stay and would be self sustaining or get enough support whilst they're here. You just have to throw a plate of spaghetti at the wall and see what sticks.

Kind regards,
Regardless of what path you choose, make sure that your documents are precise and straight to the point. All should be pointing towards, ties at home and finances to explore the world.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

secret_qa
Nepal

Post by secret_qa » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:09 am

Thanks very much, Ticktack for a quick and helpful response that gives some hope.

I have always been under the impression that if ADR is refused then no matter what I do, I can't get their visit visa. But what I am gathering from your responses is that as long as it can be evidenced that the situation is now changed and there is no intention that the visitor will overstay, there is still some hope.

Just wondering that on this forum or from elsewhere, you've got to know a situation where a visit visa was granted after ADR refusal?

Also, for further clarification on your response to question 1, I am assuming that you are suggesting that it may be better if my father visits first on his own and only on his second visit my mother joins him. Is that right?

Many thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:12 am

secret_qa wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:09 am
Thanks very much, Ticktack for a quick and helpful response that gives some hope.

I have always been under the impression that if ADR is refused then no matter what I do, I can't get their visit visa. But what I am gathering from your responses is that as long as it can be evidenced that the situation is now changed and there is no intention that the visitor will overstay, there is still some hope. Nothing is ever permanent. Except if the individual is a terrorist. people change, situations change. unfortunately, not everyone comes back to tell you when they succeed, you only know when they have problems. Personally, I always say never give up. Even previous overstayers get to come back to the UK. It might be more difficult, but it happens eventually.

Just wondering that on this forum or from elsewhere, you've got to know a situation where a visit visa was granted after ADR refusal?

Also, for further clarification on your response to question 1, I am assuming that you are suggesting that it may be better if my father visits first on his own and only on his second visit my mother joins him. Is that right? If am being honest, that would be my advise. if your dad makes it/ get his visa. Then decides on a later date to visit the UK with his wife. How would it be justifiable to split the family in half. This (family life) is a fundamental part of the British culture.

Many thanks
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

secret_qa
Nepal

Post by secret_qa » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:18 pm

Ticktack, thanks very much once again for your reply. I genuinely respect your positive mindset as you said that you are one of those who don't give up!

at least, now I have a clear direction i.e. apply for my father's visitor's visa and provide evidence to demonstrate that he will be returning back and has no intentions to stay in the UK for any longer than the visa validity, which is true as well.

Kind regards,