ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Indefinite Leave Private Life Route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bumblebee11
Newly Registered
Pakistan

New Indefinite Leave Private Life Route

Post by bumblebee11 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:16 pm

Hello everyone,

Just wondering if anyone understands the new rules about applying for indefinite leave early.
Has anyone applied for it and what has your experience been?

I am specifically wondering how it works for those who are over 24/25.
I came to the UK as a minor and was granted limited leave under the 10 year private life route when I was 21. Have completed 6 years on the route now. Would I qualify for early settlement?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: New Indefinite Leave Private Life Route

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:30 am

The new Appendix Private Life retains the four grounds on which permission can be granted based on private life. As reminder, these are:

-be a child resident in the UK for at least seven years who can’t reasonably be expected to leave (‘seven-year children’), which will now be paragraph PL 3.1
-be aged 18 to 24 and resident here for at least half their life (‘young adults’), now PL 4.1
-be resident here for more than 20 years, PL 5.1(a)
-face very significant obstacles to integration in their country of return, PL 5.1(b)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Highfive
Newly Registered

Re: New Indefinite Leave Private Life Route

Post by Highfive » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:25 pm

This is a copy and paste from the gov.uk website:

Children and young adults
If you were born in the UK and have lived here for 7 continuous years since your birth, you can apply immediately for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of your private life.

Otherwise you can apply for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of your private life if all of the following are true:

you were first given a visa on the basis of your private life when you were aged between 18 and 24
you arrived in the UK as a child
you have lived in the UK for 5 continuous years with a visa
You can include time you’ve spent on any other visas which lead to indefinite leave to remain. You must have had a visa based on your private life for at least one year on the day you apply.