ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

priyaaaasha
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation and passport

Post by priyaaaasha » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:32 am

Hi, I have run out of pages on my Indian passport and want to apply for a new passport. i am eligible to also apply for the naturalisation process. I have a business trip coming up in Oct that I want to be able to go to but in order to do this, I need a fresh passport. I have heard that naturalisation takes time and there are no more special one day BC service on the ceremony date. Knowing that the naturalisation process will take more than 3 months, I want to apply for a renewal of Indian passport. Have a few questions if someone could help?
1. How long does the Indian passport renewal take?
2. Is the Indian passport renewal possible via VFS or do I need to go via seva (passportindia.in)
3. Should I hold off on submitting the naturalisation process until I have a new passport as the details will be different in the naturalisation application?
4. Does anyone know how long will the naturalisation process take?

Thanks, Ash

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Naturalisation and passport

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:41 am

priyaaaasha wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:32 am
3. Should I hold off on submitting the naturalisation process until I have a new passport as the details will be different in the naturalisation application?
If you qualify you could apply now - no issue if you get a new passport after you submitted your application. Note the guidance: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
4. Does anyone know how long will the naturalisation process take?
UKVI target is six months - currently applications take between two and six months, sometimes longer.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.