ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Don’t travel during a pending application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vinny

Don’t travel during a pending application

Post by vinny » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:57 pm

Don’t travel during a non-EUSS pending immigration application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

TheDon
Newly Registered
Kenya

Re: Don’t travel during a pending application

Post by TheDon » Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:12 pm

Hi there.
My wife has renewed her spouse visa and has already received an email that her application has been successful. We haven’t yet received her new BRP but her old one’s dates are still valid for another 2 months. We are due to travel outside the UK 2 days from now for a week. 1) Will her application still be withdrawn if she leaves the “common travel area” given it has already been decided upon and the BRP is probably on its way? And 2) Is her old visa still valid to travel with given it’s still in date assuming we don’t get the new one in time?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:26 am

If they have decided on the application, then I think there is no application to withdraw. A new BRP may not be forthcoming as they are going digital?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

TheDon
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by TheDon » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:12 pm

Thanks for your response. We managed to postpone the trip by a week given I didn’t want to take the risk. That’s the maximum that we’ve been allowed by the hotel without losing money.

I’ve not heard of going digital. Appreciate the links - will read further now.

In the BRP world, can we travel on her old BRP and the “application successful” email from the Home Office for use when we return and meet the border officers at Heathrow? Or will they not accept anything short of BRP (or equivalent).

TheDon
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by TheDon » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:38 pm

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:19 pm

I think you should be okay to travel with an unexpired BRP.