ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Adult passport- more than 12 weeks

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tycouk

First Adult passport- more than 12 weeks

Post by tycouk » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:21 pm

Dear all,
My wife applied for first adult passport through naturilisation, applied on 6th of April 2022.
we cancelled our holiday once and next one too..
we have been calling every day on progress and take an hour everyday and no reliable info.
today one customer service person told me that i have to speak to interview line and asked me to write email with all the details.
when i spoke to the interview line they said every adult( first british passport) must go through interview process unless exempted, when i see the time lines thread except one or two i never seen anyone been through interview process.
could you please suggest what's right? and what are the options i have to complaint or expedite passport application.. very frustrating with s..t HMPO :(....

Thanks
TycoUK..

IAmNullPointer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Re: First Adult passport- more than 12 weeks

Post by IAmNullPointer » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:42 pm

I believe first passports after naturalisation that are made straight after naturalisation won't need an interview as the interview is to validate identity and it is assumed this process has been completed as part of the naturalisation process.

I believe your case may be one of those where folder drops from the stack and then you need to wait for someone to actually pick it up and put it back in the right pile.

rv2010
Newly Registered

Re: First Adult passport- more than 12 weeks

Post by rv2010 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:58 pm

Just to back up IAmNullPointer's reply, referring to this document, under the section titled "UK and overseas customers we will not interview", it says:

"If we have enough information from identity checks, we will not interview an adult customer applying for their first British passport when they ... were naturalised within the last 12 months and UK Visa and Immigration service’s records confirm the customer’s photo identity and personal details".