ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker To ILR Payslip Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hpingo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Skilled worker to ILR continuous period query

Post by hpingo » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:01 pm

Hi,

I applied for a tier 2 general visa on 19/12/2017 and entered UK on 19/01/2018.

Can i apply for ILR on 20/11/2022 or 20/12/2022?

Does the continous counts from the date of arrival or date of application made first time?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Skilled worker to ILR continuous period query

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:15 pm

hpingo wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:01 pm
Hi,

I applied for a tier 2 general visa on 19/12/2017 and entered UK on 19/01/2018.

Can i apply for ILR on 20/11/2022 or 20/12/2022?

Does the continous counts from the date of arrival or date of application made first time?
The date of the first visa issued
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hpingo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Skilled Worker To ILR

Post by hpingo » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:55 pm

Hi,

I was granted Tier 2 Visa on 10/01/2018 and my qualifying period is ending on 12/12/2022. Means, I can apply for ILR after 12/12/2022. I am counting the 4 years, 11 months, and 2 days from the date of the first visa grant.

Is it right??

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Skilled Worker To ILR

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:08 am

Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hpingo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hpingo » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:10 pm

hpingo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hpingo » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:17 pm

Hi,

I was told I can count the qualifying period from the date of visa was issued but on the Application form, it says "When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started."

Why is it so confusing? Does the time start from the date when I entered the UK or the date when the visa was issued?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:20 pm

I was told I can count the qualifying period from the date of visa was issued but on the Application form, it says "When did you first enter the UK? (Required)
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started."
It is NOT a trick question. Simply state the date you entered the UK. This has nothing to do with being able to use the visa start date as the start of your qualifying period. For example, if you entered the UK 181 days after your visa start date, you wouldn't qualify due to the absence limit.
Why is it so confusing?

It isn't. It is a simple question!!
Does the time start from the date when I entered the UK or the date when the visa was issued?
Visa ISSUE date.

UKVI do know the rules!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:16 pm

hpingo wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:17 pm
Hi,

Why is it so confusing? Does the time start from the date when I entered the UK or the date when the visa was issued?
Answers on the form do NOT change your eligibility. Your eligibility is determined as per the rules. The answers on the form are used as a guiding mechanism for the caseworker. You CANNOT be denied a visa/ILR if you qualify under the rules. This is where all your confusion comes from

hpingo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hpingo » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:47 pm

Thanks for your replies.

If you don't mind me asking. What's the difference between the vignette start date and the BRP issue date? I am counting my qualifying period from the vignette start date.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:49 pm

One is issued with a date before the other but not always.

You have t stated if the starts dates are different.

Note that a visa vignette is to facilitate your initial entry to the UK. BRPs are only available in the UK, they are not issued abroad for visas to allow entry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:01 pm

hpingo wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:47 pm
Thanks for your replies.

If you don't mind me asking. What's the difference between the vignette start date and the BRP issue date? I am counting my qualifying period from the vignette start date.

Thanks.
Aslo see: indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-to-il ... l#p1880858

hpingo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hpingo » Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:30 pm

I have got it now. I can use the Vignette start date to count my qualifying period.

hpingo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Skilled Worker To ILR Payslip Query

Post by hpingo » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:21 pm

Hi,

my company issues payslips on the last day of the month and the salary for that month is paid in the last week of the next month. It's bcz I joined the company in the last week of the month.

So my latest payslip is of 30th Oct and its salary was paid into the account on 24th Nov. According to ILR requirements it shouldn't be older than 1 month.

What shall I do now? Please advise as i am super confused :(

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Skilled Worker To ILR Payslip Query

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:35 am

hpingo wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:21 pm
Hi,

my company issues payslips on the last day of the month and the salary for that month is paid in the last week of the next month. It's bcz I joined the company in the last week of the month.

So my latest payslip is of 30th Oct and its salary was paid into the account on 24th Nov. According to ILR requirements it shouldn't be older than 1 month.

What shall I do now? Please advise as i am super confused :(
Within 28days for financial evidence means to prepare your documents and application in readiness to use the few days for submission. May need to use November salary and submit as soon as salary reflects in account or if there is away to speak with your organisation to assist in effecting pay earlier.

hpingo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hpingo » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:12 pm

Thanks, AamzonX.

I will have to wait till the last week of the december to submit the application now :)

hpingo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hpingo » Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:13 pm

Hi,
I have got one more question.

Does the Home office accept Interim Bank statements??? e.g 1st to 14th December which shows the latest salary.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:41 am

hpingo wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:13 pm
Hi,

Does the Home office accept Interim Bank statements??? e.g 1st to 14th December which shows the latest salary.
I bet you knew the answer to this question. You just couldn't help yourself. No one here works at the Home Office to answer that question for you. We can only interpret the same rules that you've read as well(the way we see it).

If you're not patient enough to have a full month, then do the month before.
Example; June, July, August, September, October and November.
If November isn't ready, add May.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:52 am

Ticktack wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:41 am
hpingo wrote:
Hi,

I bet you knew the answer to this question. You just couldn't help yourself. No one here works at the Home Office to answer that question for you. We can only interpret the same rules that you've read as well(the way we see it).

The OP does NOT need 6 months payslips and bank statements for ilr based on tier 2.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:09 am

That was just an example. :D So can't OP use the month before as OP wages slip doesn't come out and the end of the normal calendar month?
Just as a buffer?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

hpingo
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by hpingo » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:38 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:52 am
Ticktack wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:41 am
hpingo wrote:
Hi,

The OP does NOT need 6 months payslips and bank statements for ilr based on tier 2.
Any suggestions?