ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character requirement- should I contact the home office now??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Daydavi
Newly Registered

Application for citizenship, still waiting- TOLD I WAS APPROVED AND THEN TOLD THE FOLLOWING WEEK IT WAS PENDING

Post by Daydavi » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:43 pm

Having issues with my citizenship application and getting so stressed and worried about what is going on! Ive been told it was approved back in April and now I’m being told that’s incorrect and still pending! I applied December 3rd and enrolment of biometric were the 20th of January.

The first problem started months ago. I received an email from Nationality biometrics with the home office on 21/3/22, that included a letter from the home office in regards to my application.

“Following your recent application for Naturalisation on 3rd December 2021 you should have enrolled your biometrics (scanned fingerprints and photograph) in line with the process set out when you completed your online application.

You have previously been issued with a reminder explaining that you had 30 working days to enrol your biometrics. As well as the initial instructions on how to book an appointment and enrol your biometrics.

This letter serves to remind you that you now have 10 working days

(from the date of this notification) in which to make and attend an appointment to enrol your biometrics. You must now return to your online application to book and attend an appointment at a UK Visas and Citizenship Application Service point to provide your evidence and enrol your biometrics (fingerprints, facial photograph, signature).

When you book your appointment, you will be advised what you need to bring with you.

If you do not attend an appointment and enrol your biometric information your application will be rejected as invalid. This will apply even if you have provided all the other relevant information, evidence and payment required to validate your application.”

I never received a first contact letter from them which gave warning that there may be an issue, like stated in the letter. If I had, I would have addressed this mistake much earlier. When I received this I began to panic and sent a reply which included confirmation of the enrolment of my biometrics, but only received an automated response saying I would hear back in 14 days. That exceeds the timeline given in the letter for cancellation of my application.

I received a response that stated it was a mistake and that email shouldn’t have been sent.

I also spoke with someone in the immigration case working team and she confirmed that they did in fact have my biometric enrolment and she would be running my checks and processing my application. She called to confirm my full name at birth, because I’d forgot to put my middle name on my application. She said she was going to update my application with my middle name and finish my checks. That was back April 12th.

I still have no received a decision regarding my application and now I am past the given timeframe for processing.

I reached out to my MPs office to look into this for me, and he got a response saying my APPLICATION WAS APPROVED, and I just wasn’t notified.

I was so thrilled and relieved!! Because I never received a letter or email confirming this, I asked him to reach back out and make sure I was not going to be penalised for not booking a ceremony or returning my BRP card. I also didn’t know how to move forward in obtaining confirmation and booking ceremony etc.

The following Tuesday he said he called on my behalf and spoke with someone in the immigration office and they said that what he was told about it being approved was incorrect and my application is still awaiting a decision. When looking into it further, the immigration team told him my application status says PENDING-AWAITING BIOMETRICS, but confirmed my biometrics had been submitted and that they would escalate the issue. He said he had no idea when I would hear back.

Has anyone else dealt with anything like this? It’s so frustrating! My neighbour just got hers approved after 1.5 months and already did her ceremony.. why is mine taking so long!!

Daydavi
Newly Registered

Good character requirement- should I contact the home office now??

Post by Daydavi » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:12 pm

I applied for citizenship back in December, now way past the timeline. There’s been a couple hiccups in the processing of my application (mistakes on their end about biometrics). Was told my application was approved back in april, by my MP- then a week later was told that was wrong and it’s still pending.

Haven’t had any other updates yet, but did a random credit check yesterday and saw that I had a few delinquent accounts that I didn’t recognise. Been reaching out to the creditors to try and figure this out and get them taken off my credit, but they say it can take time!!

I don’t know what to do, I’m so worried now that I will be rejected on the good character requirement! Should I reach out to them and make them aware of the problem and that I’m not building up reckless debt?!

Any advice appreciated.

London22
Member of Standing

Re: Good character requirement- should I contact the home office now??

Post by London22 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:36 pm

Daydavi wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:12 pm
I applied for citizenship back in December, now way past the timeline. There’s been a couple hiccups in the processing of my application (mistakes on their end about biometrics). Was told my application was approved back in april, by my MP- then a week later was told that was wrong and it’s still pending.

Haven’t had any other updates yet, but did a random credit check yesterday and saw that I had a few delinquent accounts that I didn’t recognise. Been reaching out to the creditors to try and figure this out and get them taken off my credit, but they say it can take time!!

I don’t know what to do, I’m so worried now that I will be rejected on the good character requirement! Should I reach out to them and make them aware of the problem and that I’m not building up reckless debt?!

Any advice appreciated.
Having a debt has not got anything to do with good character so they can't refuse you on that basis.The basic purpose of good character is to refuse those who commit crimes mostly those who overstay visas or refugees getting targeted for illegal entry or presence .If you are refused on the basis of debt it is pretty easy to challenge in a judicial review.
I think you will hear from them soon a good news.They only target those who simply can't challenge them I mean according to their own rules .

Daydavi
Newly Registered

Re: Good character requirement- should I contact the home office now??

Post by Daydavi » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:28 pm

Thank you, that made me feel a bit better. I read conflicting things about debt and that’s they’ve really tightened up on their definitions in their good character requirement. Heard with financial stuff you only got denied if you had a bankruptcy that wasn’t paid off, but now they can reject solely on debt if it shows up that you don’t really have the intention to pay off your debt and you recklessly ran up a bunch. I am also not employed at the moment (been moving around the country with my military husband and looking after our little girl).. thought maybe that could be seen as negative too?

I also don’t want to get in trouble for not disclosing it in my application, as I wasn’t aware and would have mentioned it then. I guess I’m probably a bit outa luck anyway, takes like 3-4 weeks to get an email acknowledgment.. but that time I’ll hopefully have an answer.

Do you know what checks they do? With background, credit etc? Not worried about anything else lol just curious what information the USA government shares and vise versa. It’s taking so long!!! So stressful waiting.

Daydavi
Newly Registered

SUCCESS FINALLY! Re: Good character requirement- should I contact the home office now??

Post by Daydavi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:30 am

Received an email today confirming that my application was successful and they sent my invitation to my local council to book my ceremony!! On a Sunday!!!!

So happy! Hang in there, those who are still waiting.. it will happen!