ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a UK Visitor visa to invite family for a wedding

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

advice4321
Newly Registered

Applying for a UK Visitor visa to invite family for a wedding

Post by advice4321 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:26 pm

Hi All,

I understand this may be common knowledge to some of you, but this is my first time doing this, and I would be really grateful if you could offer some advice please.

I would like to invite my paternal aunt and cousin to visit the UK from Pakistan for my brother's wedding this year.

My aunt and cousin have both visited in the past and returned within their required dates but this was a number of years ago. My father has dealt with these things in the past, but is now much older and I have offered to help and am currently oblivious to the requirements and seeking advice.

From googling, it appears I would require a 'standard visitor visa'.

My questions:
- Do I need to be a sponsor? If so what are the requirements for this? (ie accommodation, minimum salary, savings etc)
- What is the recommended procedure? Do you need to hire someone to do this, or can you just do the application yourself via the gov portal?

I live in London, am currently married with children, own my home with space for them, and have savings if this is relevant.

I was born in the UK and have British citizenship (and am a NICOP Card holder) , family members to be invited have Pakistani nationality)

Thank you in advance, please ask if you require any further relevant information.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Applying for a UK Visitor visa to invite family for a wedding

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:35 am

advice4321 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:26 pm
Hi All,

I understand this may be common knowledge to some of you, but this is my first time doing this, and I would be really grateful if you could offer some advice please.

I would like to invite my paternal aunt and cousin to visit the UK from Pakistan for my brother's wedding this year.

My aunt and cousin have both visited in the past and returned within their required dates but this was a number of years ago.That helps as a plus! My father has dealt with these things in the past, but is now much older and I have offered to help and am currently oblivious to the requirements and seeking advice.

From googling, it appears I would require a 'standard visitor visa'. Yeah, preferably just 6 months as they haven't been here in a while. That also helps with cushioning the effect of fee loss if not granted.

My questions:
- Do I need to be a sponsor? You don't have to be, but you can be. If so what are the requirements for this? (ie accommodation, minimum salary, savings etc)Evidence of immigration status, proof of address and a letter of invite stating that you would be responsible for their general upkeep and accommodation whilst they're here in the UK. You could also decide to do them a hotel reservation and that takes that burden of proof off you.
- What is the recommended procedure? Do you need to hire someone to do this, or can you just do the application yourself via the gov portal? All by yourself, forms are pretty straightforward, you just need to know their travel history and all.

I live in London, am currently married with children, own my home with space for them, and have savings if this is relevant.

I was born in the UK and have British citizenship (and am a NICOP Card holder) , family members to be invited have Pakistani nationality)

Thank you in advance, please ask if you require any further relevant information.
FYI, try and not mention too many families here in the UK, otherwise you would need to mention all their immigration status and where they live and all. It would also be nice if the form filled is consistent with the previous application made many years before.

They have to also show strong ties back home. A letter from their current employer, showing job role and period of approved leave requested for the marriage.

Signpost the clearance officer to the fact that it's important that you're back home asap.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!