ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding completing the application form please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Help regarding completing the application form please

Post by ljdebenedictis » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:59 pm

Hello everyone.
Please can anyone help me regarding the application form.
This is gonna be a long post so sorry in advance and thank you..

There are few questions that I am a bit confuse so please bare with me.

- Quick history - A came in UK in 2014 - Got EEA family permit same year, got settled status in 2019 -

1. Are you either an
- EEA or Swiss National
- A family member of an EEA or Swiss National

** I came in the UK using EEA FAMILY PERMIT THROUGH SURINDER SINGH, so should I select "YES"?

2. Do you have a permanent residence card or document?

** I never had one because by the time I was due to apply one, the rule was change to PRE SETTLED AND SETTLED STATUS, so should I select "NO"?

3. Do you have a valid nationality identity card?

** Philippines only started issuing identity card I would say couple of years ago, I never had one, will this affect my application? Do I have to have this?

4. My 2 referees are both from my work place.

** Both dental surgeon, both my employer but one is the deputy chief of dental officer England so meaning one is higher than the other plus he also got an MBE, will this be enough or do I have to have 2 referees with different professions?

5. Are you able to provide BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMIT?

** What is this please? I have the "SETTLED STATUS" card, is this the same?

6. Regarding immigration details?

** Where was it made? All application was done though "BRISTISH HIGH COMMISSION NICOSIA" so should I put that down? They also asking for reference number? Is it ok to put the visa number?

AND FOR THE LAST ONE (REGARDING DOCUMENTS)
- Passport issued by philippines for the applicant (check)
- Proof of nationality (why they asking that if Im already showing them my passport?)
- Current biometric residence permit (is this the settled status card?)
- English certificate (check)
- Proof of living in the UK - 3 years as married to a british national (what do i need to show them?)
- Marriage certificate (check)
- 2 referree (check)
- Proof of british citizenship of husband - his passport (check)

SORRY FOR THE VERY LONG POST GUYS
I'M JUST VERY NERVOUS WITH MY APPLICATION
THANK YOU EVERYONE xxxx

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Help regarding completing the application form please

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:26 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:59 pm
Hello everyone.

- Quick history - A came in UK in 2014 - Got EEA family permit same year, got settled status in 2019 -

1. Are you either an
- EEA or Swiss National

** I came in the UK using EEA FAMILY PERMIT THROUGH SURINDER SINGH, so should I select "YES"?
Not quite sure but your husband is British so answer should be NO I think.

** I never had one because by the time I was due to apply one, the rule was change to PRE SETTLED AND SETTLED STATUS, so should I select "NO"?
Not required....no

** Philippines only started issuing identity card I would say couple of years ago, I never had one, will this affect my application? Do I have to have this? Not required....no

** Both dental surgeon, both my employer but one is the deputy chief of dental officer England so meaning one is higher than the other plus he also got an MBE, will this be enough or do I have to have 2 referees with different professions?
No issue - you can have referees with the same profession from the same workplace

Yes - Your card is a BRP.

** Where was it made? All application was done though "BRISTISH HIGH COMMISSION NICOSIA" so should I put that down? They also asking for reference number? Is it ok to put the visa number?

Provide any information you have - dates can be estimates if you can't remember.

- Passport issued by philippines for the applicant (check) ok
- Proof of nationality (why they asking that if Im already showing them my passport?) no idea but it's your passport.
- Current biometric residence permit (is this the settled status card?) Yes -your BRP.
- English certificate (check) ok
- Proof of living in the UK - 3 years as married to a british national (what do i need to show them?) P60 for every year or council tax bills showing your name.
- Marriage certificate (check)ok
- 2 referree (check)ok
- Proof of british citizenship of husband - his passport (check)ok
You have done the LITUK test?

We have all been through this - hope these quick replies will suffice.

THANK YOU EVERYONE xxxx
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:49 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:26 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hello everyone.

1. Are you either an
- EEA or Swiss National

Not required....no

** Philippines only started issuing identity card I would say couple of years ago, I never had one, will this affect my application? Do I have to have this? Not required....no

No issue - you can have referees with the same profession from the same workplace

Provide any information you have - dates can be estimates if you can't remember.

- Proof of nationality (why they asking that if Im already showing them my passport?) no idea but it's your passport.
- Current biometric residence permit (is this the settled status card?) Yes -your BRP.
- Proof of living in the UK - 3 years as married to a british national (what do i need to show them?) P60 for every year or council tax bills showing your name.
- 2 referree (check)ok

THANK YOU EVERYONE xxxx
Hi, thank you for your reply. ☺️

As a family of a British citizen who came through Surinder Singh route and hold an EEA family permit - we are classed as a family member of an EEA or Swiss National (but obviously in this case when it comes to the application form I'm not entirely sure if I have to click yes or no and don't want to make a mistake) but thank you for your reply. I thought the same, I'm married to a British Citizen so wondering if I should click "No".

And yes I passed the LITUK. 👍🏽

Thank you again for taking time to reply
Have a lovely day xx

Bells
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Bells » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:37 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hello everyone.

1. Are you either an
- EEA or Swiss National

Not required....no

- 2 referree (check)ok

THANK YOU EVERYONE xxxx
"BRPs are different from biometric residence cards (BRCs). BRCs are also called ‘UK residence cards’. You might have one if you’re in the UK as a family member of someone from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein. BRCs have ‘residence card’ printed on them."

The above is copied from gov.uk website, I think the settled stated card is BRC & not BRP.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:38 am

Bells wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:37 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hello everyone.

1. Are you either an
- EEA or Swiss National

Not required....no

- 2 referree (check)ok

THANK YOU EVERYONE xxxx
"BRPs are different from biometric residence cards (BRCs). BRCs are also called ‘UK residence cards’. You might have one if you’re in the UK as a family member of someone from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein. BRCs have ‘residence card’ printed on them."

The above is copied from gov.uk website, I think the settled stated card is BRC & not BRP.
Hi there.
Thank you for the reply.

It is a bit confusing tbh, I'm currently completing application form and atm I've got the list of the documents I need to submit (this is the list of documents on the actual application online they want:

1. My passport (which I have)
2. My proof of freedom of immigration time restriction (I believe this is the settled status card + I also have the copy of the letter from the home office)
3. My current biometric residence permit (THIS IS THE BIT I'M CURRENTLY CONFUSED RIGHT NOW?)

Please please can some help me with this one.
Thank you so much xx

Bells
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Bells » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:47 am

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:38 am
Bells wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hello everyone.

1. Are you either an
- EEA or Swiss National

Not required....no

- 2 referree (check)ok

THANK YOU EVERYONE xxxx

Hi there.
Thank you for the reply.

It is a bit confusing tbh, I'm currently completing application form and atm I've got the list of the documents I need to submit (this is the list of documents on the actual application online they want:

2. My proof of freedom of immigration time restriction (I believe this is the settled status card + I also have the copy of the letter from the home office)
3. My current biometric residence permit (THIS IS THE BIT I'M CURRENTLY CONFUSED RIGHT NOW?)

Thank you so much xx
2. I will advice you use the EUSS decision letter from the Home Office cos it shows the date you were granted Settled Status.
3. EUSS card is not BRP, it has Residence Card boldly written on it.

"5. Are you able to provide BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMIT?" Your answer should be NO

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:01 am

Bells wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:47 am
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Bells wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hello everyone.

1. Are you either an
- EEA or Swiss National

Not required....no

- 2 referree (check)ok

THANK YOU EVERYONE xxxx

Hi there.
Thank you for the reply.

Thank you so much xx
2. I will advice you use the EUSS decision letter from the Home Office cos it shows the date you were granted Settled Status.

"5. Are you able to provide BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMIT?" Your answer should be NO
Oh I see.

I just edit my answer and changed it to "No" and the next question was "Do you have BRP from a previous stay in the UK?" - Is this the EEA Family Permit? I have this sticker on my old passport, if that is a BRP then I should answer "Yes" for this next question?

Sorry if I have too much question.
I hope you dont mind.
Thanks for being patient xx

Bells
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Bells » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:17 am

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:01 am
Bells wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Bells wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hello everyone.

1. Are you either an
- EEA or Swiss National

Not required....no

- 2 referree (check)ok

THANK YOU EVERYONE xxxx

Hi there.
Thank you for the reply.

Thank you so much xx

Oh I see.

I just edit my answer and changed it to "No" and the next question was "Do you have BRP from a previous stay in the UK?" - Is this the EEA Family Permit? I have this sticker on my old passport, if that is a BRP then I should answer "Yes" for this next question?

I hope you dont mind.
What is the validity of the sticker on your passport? If it's the 6 months entry clearance/visa you got prior to coming to the UK, that will fall into the "Immigration details - Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?" section of the naturalisation online application form.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:26 am

Bells wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:17 am
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Bells wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Bells wrote:
alterhase58 wrote:

Hi there.
Thank you for the reply.

Thank you so much xx

Oh I see.

I hope you dont mind.
What is the validity of the sticker on your passport? If it's the 6 months entry clearance/visa you got prior to coming to the UK, that will fall into the "Immigration details - Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?" section of the naturalisation online application form.
The sticker I had was a Residence Permit of an EU EEA family member (I got it in 2014 and was expired in 2020. It was not an entry clearance, I did had another sticker prior to coming to UK which is a EEA family permit that I applied when I was in Cyprus.

1. Residence Permit of an EU/EEA family member - Application made in UK
2. EEA family Permit (Surinder Singh Route) - Application made outside UK

Bells
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Bells » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:32 am

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:26 am
Bells wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:17 am
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Bells wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Bells wrote:

Hi there.
Thank you for the reply.

Thank you so much xx

Oh I see.

I hope you dont mind.
The sticker I had was a Residence Permit of an EU EEA family member (I got it in 2014 and was expired in 2020. It was not an entry clearance, I did had another sticker prior to coming to UK which is a EEA family permit that I applied when I was in Cyprus.

1. Residence Permit of an EU/EEA family member - Application made in UK
2. EEA family Permit (Surinder Singh Route) - Application made outside UK

Answer 'Yes" then you might have to provide the details of this application (1. Residence Permit of an EU/EEA family member - Application made in UK)

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:45 pm

Thank you so much for your help.
Ive now completed the application form and paid it.

Now I just need to complete the mandatory actions which are very confusing as well. Lol xx

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:29 pm

Hello everyone.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME.

For the documents I need to submit, I was asked to provide proof of 3-5 years living in UK.
Are P60s enough? I'm on a full time basis (not sure if that matters), never been away for more than 90 days (I've got proofs of entry and exit stamps).

Will this be enough?
Or do I need to submit anything else?
If yes, what are my options?

Thanks in advance everyone.
Have a lovely weekend xx

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:45 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:29 pm
Hello everyone.

For the documents I need to submit, I was asked to provide proof of 3-5 years living in UK.
Are P60s enough? I'm on a full time basis (not sure if that matters), never been away for more than 90 days (I've got proofs of entry and exit stamps).

Will this be enough?

Have a lovely weekend xx
The application needs a minimal number of documents. P60s for each year are sufficient. Proving your absences is not necessary as such though they will see stamps in your passport of course.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:53 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:45 pm
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hello everyone.

Will this be enough?

Have a lovely weekend xx
The application needs a minimal number of documents. P60s for each year are sufficient. Proving your absences is not necessary as such though they will see stamps in your passport of course.
Hi there.
Thank yoi for your reply.
I have uploaded P60s (2018 to 2022) and scanned copies of exit and entry stamps so I believe O now have enough supporting documents.

My other question is, do I need to scan all the pages of my passport even if its empty? I scanned them all and tried to upload on website but it wouldnt allow me due to the size of file is over the limit. Is it actuall essential to upload all pages?

Thank in advance xx

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:02 am

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:53 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hello everyone.

Will this be enough?

Have a lovely weekend xx
Hi there.
I have uploaded P60s (2018 to 2022) and scanned copies of exit and entry stamps so I believe O now have enough supporting documents.

My other question is, do I need to scan all the pages of my passport even if its empty? I scanned them all and tried to upload on website but it wouldnt allow me due to the size of file is over the limit. Is it actuall essential to upload all pages? There is no definitive answer to this. You can 1. Scan biodata page and pages with immigration history I.e. visa vignettes and entry exit stamps or 2. Scan all pages, reduce it to be within limits and upload.
Either option used by applicants and got successful outcome.

Thank in advance xx

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:47 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:02 am
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:53 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Hello everyone.

Will this be enough?

Have a lovely weekend xx
Hi there.

My other question is, do I need to scan all the pages of my passport even if its empty? I scanned them all and tried to upload on website but it wouldnt allow me due to the size of file is over the limit. Is it actuall essential to upload all pages? There is no definitive answer to this. You can 1. Scan biodata page and pages with immigration history I.e. visa vignettes and entry exit stamps or 2. Scan all pages, reduce it to be within limits and upload.
Either option used by applicants and got successful outcome.

Thank in advance xx
Hello.
Thank you for your reply.
I have decided to just scanned my biodat page and pages wirh my immigration stamps. 😊

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:25 am

Good morninf everyone.
I hope you are all ok. :D

Today I received an invitation to use IDV app and I believe I will not be needing to attend a biometrics appointment.

Has anyone got a successful experience with this?
I did look around to find previous post but all I see is people getting an email that they receive email about not attending their biometrics.

I am a bit hesitant to use this app only because of different reviews about it. Is there a way to book an actual biometrics even if I was only invited to use IDV app?

Thank you guys in advance.
Have a lovely day xx

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:32 am

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:25 am
Good morninf everyone.

Today I received an invitation to use IDV app and I believe I will not be needing to attend a biometrics appointment.

I did look around to find previous post but all I see is people getting an email that they receive email about not attending their biometrics.

I am a bit hesitant to use this app only because of different reviews about it. Is there a way to book an actual biometrics even if I was only invited to use IDV app?

Have a lovely day xx
The IDV app usage has being in use for some time now since the lockdown period with forum members who used it also getting successful outcome despite the current experience of people getting email that biometrics not done.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:50 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:32 am
ljdebenedictis wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:25 am
Good morninf everyone.

Have a lovely day xx
The IDV app usage has being in use for some time now since the lockdown period with forum members who used it also getting successful outcome despite the current experience of people getting email that biometrics not done.
Oh I see.
Thank you.

Will it be acceptable to book biometrics as well like end of July as a back up even if I submit everything through IDV app let say tonight? Or should I just leave it to IDV app? xx

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:09 pm

Can not recall if when told to use IDV App you can still book for biometrics appointment.
Decision on trying this rests with you.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Post by ljdebenedictis » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:51 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:09 pm
Can not recall if when told to use IDV App you can still book for biometrics appointment.

Hi there.
I submitted everything I need to submit through IDV app few days ago. I managed to book biometrics on the 21/07/22 which I believe I wont be needing but I originally booked it as a back up in case they call me and ask for biometrics.

I wonder if do I need to cancel this now or should I wait for few weeks and see if they call me and will require biometrics?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:55 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:51 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:09 pm

Hi there.
I submitted everything I need to submit through IDV app few days ago. I managed to book biometrics on the 21/07/22 which I believe I wont be needing but I originally booked it as a back up in case they call me and ask for biometrics.

I wonder if do I need to cancel this now or should I wait for few weeks and see if they call me and will require biometrics?

Thanks
You won't be needing the appointment.