ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Redstar222
United States of America

ILR Documents

Post by Redstar222 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:38 pm

Hello,

I am due to apply for ILR in September and am beginning to gather my documents as I'll be out of the country for several weeks and need to apply once I return. First, am I right in thinking it is fine to work on my ILR application online now as long as I don't submit it until I'm eligible? Second, do you still need to provide cohabitation evidence in the form of mail spread out over two years? I will be applying for myself (Tier 2 visa) and my husband (PBS dependent). Daughter was born in the UK so we are going to wait for our decision and then apply for citizenship for her. (I can't for the life of me find a simple check list for everything and previous posts mention needing P60s, mail as above for cohabitation, etc. etc.). Finally, I have read "no specific evidence" is needed for leave of absences from the country. I will have a sponsor letter for my absences, but in the case of my husband he is self-employed so there's no one to write a letter. Do I need to go back and collect proof of airline tickets, etc. or would a letter stating all absence dates with the passport be sufficient?

I know these sound like very daft questions but these applications always make me so nervous, and I also don't want to provide more evidence than needed as our application should be a fairly straightforward case and I tend to overthink things.

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Documents

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:21 am

There is no need to collect any evidence. The absence letter from the sponsor is enough. Your dependant does not need a letter the rules do not require such a letter at all. Simply provide scan of passport pages with stamps if you gave them over the last 5 years.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Redstar222
United States of America

Post by Redstar222 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:23 pm

Thank you, @Zimba! And what about cohabitation evidence? I've read on previous threads you need to have mail with both spouses names spread across two years, but I'm not seeing that requirement online so not sure if it is no longer something that is required. Same goes with P60s.

When I go to the ILR site, it wants to direct me to begin the application itself, so I'm not seeing an outline of what is needed for the applications and I want to apply for priority service so am trying to ensure I have all the correct documents submitted to avoid delays (my case should be very straightforward).

Am I right in thinking it's okay to work on the application now as long as I don't submit until I am eligible to apply? This would be the end of August, so it just gives me time to slowly work through everything and chase anything up with the Home Office if I have questions.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:14 pm

There is no sepcififc evidence. ANY evidence can be used and there is no need for evidence with joint names. You can start your application whenever you want and submit when ready
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

procyon
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by procyon » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:27 pm

I started on my ILR application while in the UK, logged in to make some changes during a trip to the US, and submitted it the day after I returned to the UK. It was approved. So you should be fine - the Home Office is not monitoring your IP address while the application is in progress or anything like that. The rules only forbid travelling during the period after the application is submitted and before it is approved.

Redstar222
United States of America

Post by Redstar222 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:35 pm

Thanks @Zimba and @procyon! Yes, I've started it now, though got stuck on the SOC code so waiting on my employer to provide that info for me. I do think I will do as you say @procyon and just submit the day I return.

One last question, I've read the timelines on super priority and priority routes, and it seems like there are quite a few people not getting the service promised (i.e. 1-5 day turnaround) or having a long wait on their BRP, despite the fact that it says 7-10 days following a decision. Is that the norm? My case is pretty simple so I've no reason to believe the Home Office will need additional evidence, so long as I supply what they need in the first place.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:51 am

The priority service is not a guaranteed service and it is not up to you to determine if your application is straightforward or not. Most people apply via priority however some do not have a straightforward application hence the longer wait

Redstar222
United States of America

Final Doc Check-Set(O) Application

Post by Redstar222 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:27 pm

I am currently on a Tier 2 Visa and have now been in the UK for over 5 years and am therefore eligible for ILR. I have completed my application form and collected all of my documents and am about ready to submit, but just wanted to check a few things:

1) For bank statements, I can get a copy of the most recent transactions from my bank (in this case, HSBC)? My online statement does not include my most recent payslip so this is my best option.

2) For payslip, is an online printout sufficient? This is a pdf directly from my employer's portal for downloading payslips.

3) At one point last year I received a Warm Home Discount (£140) in error from my energy provider, which is considered a public fund. The Home Office advised I repay this or get a letter from my provider stating I tried to repay it but they wouldn't accept repayment. My provider, despite multiple attempts, has failed to do this. I have copies of email complaints sent, live chat conversation screenshots, and a covering letter with details of the situation and my account and complaints number in case they want to check things. Does that seem okay given I have tried to follow the Home Office's advice?

4) I'm applying using the Super Priority route, and really need a decision asap. Am I just wasting my money here given I have the issue with the public fund? I need to travel soon so have reasons for wanting a quick turnaround on my visa application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Final Doc Check-Set(O) Application

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:12 pm

Redstar222 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:27 pm
I am currently on a Tier 2 Visa and have now been in the UK for over 5 years and am therefore eligible for ILR. I have completed my application form and collected all of my documents and am about ready to submit, but just wanted to check a few things:

1) For bank statements, I can get a copy of the most recent transactions from my bank (in this case, HSBC)? My online statement does not include my most recent payslip so this is my best option. No issue

2) For payslip, is an online printout sufficient? This is a pdf directly from my employer's portal for downloading payslips.
It is OK, letter from employer stating they are genuine covers that.
3) At one point last year I received a Warm Home Discount (£140) in error from my energy provider, which is considered a public fund. The Home Office advised I repay this or get a letter from my provider stating I tried to repay it but they wouldn't accept repayment. My provider, despite multiple attempts, has failed to do this. I have copies of email complaints sent, live chat conversation screenshots, and a covering letter with details of the situation and my account and complaints number in case they want to check things. Does that seem okay given I have tried to follow the Home Office's advice? That should be OK

4) I'm applying using the Super Priority route, and really need a decision asap. Am I just wasting my money here given I have the issue with the public fund? I need to travel soon so have reasons for wanting a quick turnaround on my visa application.

Redstar222
United States of America

NO UKCVAS Appointments for this Week?!

Post by Redstar222 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:58 pm

Just as subject line suggests, I'm struggling to get an appointment to submit my biometrics with UKCVAS, which is frustrating as I paid for Super Priority service so that I could get things processed quickly and just need to get through this last step.

I am looking at multiple locations and in many cases it shows as if there are appointments but when I click on it there is nothing. Soonest I can find is for Friday but it's a service center very far away and the train tickets are quite pricy. I know new appointments are released each night but will this be for the week or just for future dates further out?

Any other tips for snagging the earliest appointment? Desperate to get this done and dusted.

Redstar222
United States of America

Re: NO UKCVAS Appointments for this Week?!

Post by Redstar222 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:02 pm

Should clarify I'm struggling to get appointments for this week.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:27 pm

Redstar222 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:02 pm
First of all, do NOT start new posts. Stick to this post regarding your ILR application
Expecting to get an appointment within a week is quite unrealistic, given that the demand for them is very very high

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:11 am

Redstar222 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:02 pm
Some members stated logging in at midnight and were able to get appointments of closer dates than when checking at other times over the course of the day

batelco
Bahrain

Post by batelco » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:45 pm

You can login on UKVCAS, have it in the background on your computer and keep refreshing every hour or sooner (15mins intervals if you can). Eventually when someone cancels you will be able to get their appointment. I did that for couple of days and managed to get a free appointment within 3 days.

Croydon is one of the main centres that has most of the free available slots.

All the best