ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing deadline over.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

NHS charges for settlement child.

Post by Iffe » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:31 pm

Hello everyone,
I just want to request you for some information.
Actually I m British and I applied for my 2 children who born before my ILR outside uk so I applied settlement child visa for them alone as me and mrs we both are already in uk.
I made applications from pakistan on 31st December 2021 and biometric was 17th Jan 2022.
When I filled applications it’s give me IHS Refernce without any payment as it was showing that kids are exempted from IHS charges, I checked on different forums and it’s says for kids normally they ask later for IHS payment.
So, I am just wondering until now I didn’t get any email regarding this IHS payment any idea at what point they will ask me for payment of IHS ?
I am so worried as now a days they are making decision almost for same week when we had biometric so I am confused what should I do.
Please assist me if you can either I should raise this or wait quietly as waiting from last 6 months.
I will really appreciate you help.
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: NHS charges for settlement child.

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:07 pm

Iffe wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:31 pm
Hello everyone,
I just want to request you for some information.
Actually I m British and I applied for my 2 children who born before my ILR outside uk so I applied settlement child visa for them alone as me and mrs we both are already in uk.
I made applications from pakistan on 31st December 2021 and biometric was 17th Jan 2022.
When I filled applications it’s give me IHS Refernce without any payment as it was showing that kids are exempted from IHS charges, I checked on different forums and it’s says for kids normally they ask later for IHS payment.
So, I am just wondering until now I didn’t get any email regarding this IHS payment any idea at what point they will ask me for payment of IHS ?
I am so worried as now a days they are making decision almost for same week when we had biometric so I am confused what should I do.
Please assist me if you can either I should raise this or wait quietly as waiting from last 6 months.
I will really appreciate you help.
Thanks
Do you also check your junk/spam mail as could go there.
If yes then about time you reached our to ask status of the application.

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Iffe » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:13 pm

Thanks for your kind response.
I checked spam/junk along with inbox just because I m waiting for, I am doing paid enquiry almost every week but only Standrd reply waiting for decision application already considered. Do you think I should ask them about IHS charge via paid enquiry ?
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:43 am

Iffe wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:13 pm
Thanks for your kind response.
I checked spam/junk along with inbox just because I m waiting for Ok, I am doing paid enquiry almost every week but only Standrd reply waiting for decision application already considered. Do you think I should ask them about IHS charge via paid enquiry ? You can, though there are delays and when the application starts receiving attention, the request for IHS is sent to you like automatically.
Thanks

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Iffe » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:25 am

So we can say in case I don’t receive IHS payment link and I got passport collection notification, that mean application is not successful?
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:18 pm

Iffe wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:25 am
So we can say in case I don’t receive IHS payment link and I got passport collection notification, that mean application is not successful?
Thanks
No, once it starts receiving attention though will be contacted to make payment. One way or another you will be reached to pay.

Br28016-1
Newly Registered

Post by Br28016-1 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:35 pm

There was and probably still is a bug in the system in that children don't get charged the IHS charges at point of application and they then chase by email saying it has to be paid within a very short period.

You don't mention partners status and this is relevant. From what I remember if both parents have citizenship or ILR then the child gets Indefinite Leave to enter (equivalent of ILR) and then IHS is not due. Hopefully this is case for your application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:56 pm

Br28016-1 wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:35 pm
You don't mention partners status and this is relevant. From what I remember if both parents have citizenship or ILR then the child gets Indefinite Leave to enter (equivalent of ILR) and then IHS is not due. Hopefully this is case for your application.
Good memory.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Iffe » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:16 pm

No my mrs is still on Spouse visa but she is applying ILR in Sep,22.
I managed to escalate application via UKVI paid inquiry. They confirm will get response from case within next 15 days.
Surely will update here as soon as got something.

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Processing deadline over.

Post by Iffe » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:58 pm

Can someone assist us we got below email today after 6 month of waiting.

“Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 120 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection”.

Kind Regards,

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Iffe » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:10 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:18 pm
Iffe wrote:
Thanks
No, once it starts receiving attention though will be contacted to make payment. One way or another you will be reached to pay.
Hello,
Sorry to disturb you again, I just got email today for IHS payment with subject of top up Health surcharge.
I made the payment already my question I was think to they will send link for £470 x 2.5= £1170 or £470 x 3= £1410 but I don’t know I been ask to pay something like approx £740 (currency exchange rate can make bit difference).
As I mentioned earlier I applied child dependent visa of settled parent.
Could you please help why I been ask to pay less, are we gone get 1.5 year visa or 2.5 year visa.
Really worries and confused will really appreciate if someone can assist me on that.
Thanks

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Iffe » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:10 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Iffe wrote:
Thanks
Hello,
Sorry to disturb you again, I just got email today for IHS payment with subject of top up Health surcharge.
I made the payment already my question I was thinking to they will send link for £470 x 2.5= £1170 or £470 x 3= £1410 but I don’t know I been ask to pay something like approx £740 (currency exchange rate can make bit difference).
Could you please help why I been ask to pay less, are we gone get 1.5 year visa or 2.5 year visa.
Really worries and confused will really appreciate if someone can assist me on that.
Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:17 am

Iffe wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:10 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Iffe wrote:
Thanks
Hello,
I made the payment already my question I was thinking to they will send link for £470 x 2.5= £1170 or £470 x 3= £1410 but I don’t know I been ask to pay something like approx £740 (currency exchange rate can make bit difference).
Thanks
The cost for adult is £624/year and for children £470/year.
What leave does your wife hold at the moment and when does it expire?

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Processing deadline over.

Post by Iffe » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:34 am

Thanks for your response.
She is on FLRM (Spouse visa) which is valid until 08/09/2023. So it mean kids will get visa until same date ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:45 am

Iffe wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:34 am
She is on FLRM (Spouse visa) which is valid until 08/09/2023. So it mean kids will get visa until same date ?
Yes, the child's visa will have the same expiry date as your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Iffe » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:54 am

Thanks, make a sense now.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:32 pm

Iffe wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:34 am
Correct, hence why that amount was requested for IHS in line with the limit of the Mom's leave.

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Iffe » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:33 am

Hello AmazonianX,
I really appreciate for your inputs to my post and bundle thanks for your time.
In last but least I would like to ask one one more query.
My mrs is applying in ILR in Sep, 22 although her current visa is expiring in Sep, 23, my question is either she can apply citizenship straightway after ILR or she have wait 12 month as I am British now but was not British at the time of our marriage also she is getting ILR on the basis of 10 yrs route not British partner route (FLRM).
Finally, when she apply citizenship can our kids who are joining us now, are they can apply citizenship together with mother as both parents will be British or they have to stay 5 yr in uk then will be eligible for ILR/citizenship.
Please note kids are joining us in uk 1st time born in pakistan before my settlement and ages 11 and 9 yr.
I will really thanks if someone can shed a light on this.
Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:25 pm

The UK immigration status of children born abroad is expected to be in-line with that of the second/less-privileged parent.

So the children will need to extend their visas in-line with the mother, will be expected to apply for ILR with the mother and then can apply to register as British citizens if they have not celebrated their 18th birthday. There are some additional residence requirements if they are over the age of 13 on the day that they apply for registration as a British citizen.

Keep in mind that naturalisation is a separate process from immigration, which ends at ILR.

If you are a British citizen on the day your wife gets ILR, your wife can apply to naturalise as a British citizen immediatly, regardless of the immigration pathway that she took to get to ILR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Iffe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Iffe » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:27 pm

Hi secret.simon,
Thanks for your details reply.
As mentioned earlier kids are joining us in Aug, 22 and my mrs applying IlR in Sep, 22 so kids should apply ILR with mother even they will in uk only for 1 month. Or u think it’s better to apply ILR for mrs only and apply register British citizenship together or kids must have to get ILR 1st then register British citizenship?
What’s that additional residence requirements as 1 kid will be 13 yr in Sep, 22 and other will around 11 ?
Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:05 pm

Iffe wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:27 pm
kids should apply ILR with mother even they will in uk only for 1 month.
Yes.

Or if they are not in the UK yet, they can apply for entry clearance after the mother gets ILR and they should get ILE (same as ILR, but issued outside the UK) directly.
Iffe wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:27 pm
What’s that additional residence requirements as 1 kid will be 13 yr in Sep, 22 and other will around 11 ?
Children over the age of 13 years are expected to have resided in the UK for at least two years before registering as British citizens.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.