ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does my Son need to apply for ILR or can he directly register as British

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RBB0910
Newly Registered
Mood:

Does my Son need to apply for ILR or can he directly register as British

Post by RBB0910 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:11 am

I've attained British citizen through Naturalisation in 2019, my son was born in India in 2011, since August 2012 my wife and my son have been living in the UK with me. My wife is applying for ILR this month, should I be applying for my son's ILR along with my wife or can I wait for my wife's ILR application to be successful and then apply for the British Registration for my son after my wife got ILR.
thank you for your response.

secret.simon

Re: Does my Son need to apply for ILR or can he directly register as British

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:21 pm

Children born abroad are expected to apply for ILR along with the second parent and then register as a British citizen when at least one parent has ILR and the other parent is either applying for British citizenship or has already become a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.