ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graduate visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Venkatvarma
Newly Registered
India

Graduate visa

Post by Venkatvarma » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:44 pm

Hi my visa expires on september 27 2022…. But the complication is I will be submitting my dessertation on 1st week of september.. my dessertation was delayed because i failed in one module in the first semester i was asked to resubmit the failed module after finish submitting the second semester modules.. I submitted all my assisgnments and I have passed I am doing my dessertation now.. I will be submitting my dessertation during the first week of september I don’t think I will get my results befor my visa expires.. What should i do if i dont get my results before my visa expires, how can i apply for my PSW visa.. please help me with this situation

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Graduate visa

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:18 am

Ask your university for a CAS to extend your visa to the new submission date of 1 September 2022, plus the standard 4 months wrap-up time. This would give you a Student visa to 1 January 2023.

It does not matter that the new submission date is already within your current wrap-up period.

See also UKCISA's information about this situation:
https://ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advi ... layer-6890 > "What if my Tier 4 / Student permission expires before I receive my results?"

If your university thinks that the immigration rules prevent them from issuing you a new CAS, they are wrong. You can refer them to this information also from UKCISA for university staff. It is password-protected to non-members of UKCISA but it confirms "[There] is nothing in the immigration Rules that would lead to an immigration application being refused solely because a re-sit/ study takes place in the wrap up period.":

https://ukcisa.org.uk/studentnews/1890/ ... up-period-
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Venkatvarma
Newly Registered
India

Post by Venkatvarma » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:15 pm

Thank you for your reply.. I also spoke to one of the solicitor, he told me not to worry we can apply for graduation visa on september I can hold it for more than 60 days by the that time you will get the results and you will get visa… the doubt I have here is how can he hold for 60 plus days?..and staying after the visa expiry comes under overstaying right which will affect me in future applications

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:28 pm

No solicitor or tricky 60-day workaround required. It's just a normal Student extension.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Venkatvarma
Newly Registered
India

Post by Venkatvarma » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:10 pm

University is not giving CAS extension…they are telling that they will give CAS extension only when i do resit for that module

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:48 am

Did they say why they are making that distinction? After doing a re-sit, your course end date has now been extended to 1 September, so I can't see any specific reason why they cannot issue a CAS for the extension. If it is the university's own internal policy, it seems a strange one that could shut down the option of the Graduate route to many of their students. They could have a riot on their hands.

I advise asking the International Student Adviser to help you appeal this. You may find that there are other students in the same position, which could help your case.

There is still the possibility to apply for an exceptional assurance if your permission ends on or before 30 September, but this is specifically for people who cannot leave the UK at the end of their permission, due to pandemic-related reasons:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents

Venkatvarma
Newly Registered
India

Post by Venkatvarma » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:00 pm

What can i do in this case if university not extending CAS.. is there any other way to apply for graduate visa if i don’t get my results before my visa expires..