ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Nikkah Paper

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

AzimScot

Lost Nikkah Paper

Post by AzimScot » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:03 pm

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone else has been in a similar situation any advice would be appreciated.

We have lost an attested copy of our Nikkah paper in Urdu while we have the English version.

Please advise on procedures to get a new one.

We got married in Toba Tek Singh District in Pakistan.

Thanks.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:38 am

Well, that's not too difficult as I went through a similar situation. All you have to do is take the english version to a solicitor in the district court of Toba Tek Singh.

There are two ppossibilities now:

1. You got married by a Nikkah registrar. In that case, take the Nikkah molvi along with his register and the court will issue you with a duplicate one in 10 minutes.

2. You got married in court. In that case, they already have the record and all you have to do is present youself or your spouse, and get the duplicate copy in 10 minutes.

My original Nikkah paper in urdu got lost ad i took the english version myself to the district court accompanied by a solicitor and came out 10 minutes later with a duplicate copy.

Let me know how it works out. Good luck
Skeptic

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:45 pm

thanks for the advice the problem is me and my wife are now in the UK?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:56 pm

The english version that you have, is it foreign ministry attested? If it is, you no longer need the urdu version anyway.
Skeptic

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:10 am

No, its only attested by the district council.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:11 am

Then you better sent a copy by fax to your relatives here in Pakistan and get it attested by the foreign ministry office either in Islamabad, or in Lahore. I think Lahore is a nearer option if you guys are from Toba. The office is at Grace Road off Mall Road, and they will attest the english version as a true copy. Then you no longer need your urdu version. The usually take a charge for this sort of work, you know how things are in Pakistan. In February, they used to do it in around PKR 8k or so.
Skeptic