ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MOVE IRELAND TO UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Baba786
Newly Registered

MOVE IRELAND TO UK

Post by Baba786 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:46 pm

Hi i need this information please if anyone can help me with it.

My family is on subsidary protection status in Ireland from last 3 years and my wife gave birth to my baby this june 2022. Me and my wife lives in Ireland and we were on visitor visa in UK. We went uk on holidays and she gave birth to my child in UK.

We came back to Ireland now, but i have one question?

can we transfer/change our status in uk. or can we move to uk? can we get any status in uk as permanent residence?
or if someone can help me that is there any way we can move uk, as we can get permanent residence in uk?

Baba786
Newly Registered

Re: MOVE IRELAND TO UK

Post by Baba786 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:49 pm

please if someone can guide me, can we do settlement in uk while have subsidiary protection status in Ireland?

Irishbabe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irishbabe » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:03 am

Firstly, you have broken the law by leaving Ireland on uk visa while seeking asylum. And then you had a baby in the UK. You would have been in better chance of having your case considered if your wife have the baby in Ireland. If irish immigration is aware that you have a baby in UK and also you still have a UK visa while seeking asylum in Ireland it might affect your case. And to have a permanent residency in any country with the birth of a child, one of you need to have be permanent residency before the birth of your child. You can't get permanent residency based on Visiting visa. My best advice for you is to contact a very good solicitor, cause your case has been complicated. Good luck 👍

Baba786
Newly Registered

Post by Baba786 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:26 pm

I never break any law. The first thing, i have permanent residence which is stamp 4. My wife have subsidiary protection. Not asylum seekers. Asylum is passed 3 nd half years ago and she got subsidary protection.
We both have visit uk visa. We travelled on UK visit
Regards for baby delivery. It was emergency and premature delivery. We never expected that thing.
We travelled to Ireland with authorisation with our new born.
I just questioned?
Can we move to UK permanently? Base on permanent residence in ireland . Can we transfer her asylum status to UK?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:45 pm

No. There is no such thing as transferring asylum status to a different country. Permanent residence in Ireland means nothing in the UK, and vice versa.

Irishbabe
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Irishbabe » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:09 pm

Hi Baba786,
I only answered your question based on your initial explanation, but now that you have clarify your status, it more clearer to me. Firstly you can't move to the UK permanently without a uk settlement or working visa. Or without a irish citizenship/passport .I will advise you to exercise patience and wait till you are naturalised as irish citizen and then move permanently to the UK. And i don't think your wife can transfer her subsidary protection to uk. I have a friend who was granted stamp 4 and moved to the uk, when it was time for renewal she came to ireland, her application was denied and stamp 4 was revoked because she was not resident in the State. She was not met to leave ireland for more than six months. I hope this helps, but I will advise you contact a good solicitor for a legal advise.good luck.