ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

retrieve DS160 form please help

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Corw

Travel date and appointment issue Dublin ireland

Post by Corw » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:07 pm

Hi
I have filled out DS 160 Form for B1/B2 visa category.
I have been facing an appointment issue for last couple of weeks . there is no available at this time.
I put down travel plan date for November 2022 .

What if i dont get appointment before my intended travel date ? then how can i update DS160 form details?
on the other hand what if i switch my job while waiting for appointment so how can i explain them about my new job in DS 160 FORM?
please advise

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Travel date and appointment issue Dublin ireland

Post by Ticktack » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:42 am

Corw wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:07 pm
Hi
I have filled out DS 160 Form for B1/B2 visa category.
I have been facing an appointment issue for last couple of weeks . there is no available at this time.
I put down travel plan date for November 2022 .

What if i dont get appointment before my intended travel date ? then how can i update DS160 form details?
on the other hand what if i switch my job while waiting for appointment so how can i explain them about my new job in DS 160 FORM?
please advise
You can't refill the DS 160-form once it's submitted. Not to worry yourself about it, there are currently extremely long waiting times for appointment dates all around the world. Some as bad as a year plus.
I think Dublin has one of the least days available.
But no issues regardless.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Corw

Post by Corw » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:26 pm

Thanks for answering.
After submitting my DS160 form while waiting for my interview date what if I switch my job to other place then how to explain visa officer about my new job?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:07 am

Corw wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:26 pm
Thanks for answering.
After submitting my DS160 form while waiting for my interview date what if I switch my job to other place then how to explain visa officer about my new job?
It's a B1/B2 visa for Business/ Tourism. No one is going to ask you to put your life on hold because you want to visit their country.

You're completely overthinking it. Just say it as it is, if asked. Don't volunteer information that you're not asked.

Corw

retrieve DS160 form please help

Post by Corw » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:51 pm

HI
I just want to confirm the my work history mentioned on the ds 160 form ,I am only getting the option to view/print the confirmation which doesn't include any details entered by me
Is there any way to view the form in read only mode ?
and what if go to retrieve option to put down my existing ds160 number and view my work history details and dont complete application or deposit application
will there be any issue on the day of interview ?
Please answer
Looking forward to hearing from you soon
regards

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: retrieve DS160 form please help

Post by Ticktack » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:11 pm

Corw wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:51 pm
HI
I just want to confirm the my work history mentioned on the ds 160 form ,I am only getting the option to view/print the confirmation which doesn't include any details entered by me
Is there any way to view the form in read only mode ?
and what if go to retrieve option to put down my existing ds160 number and view my work history details and dont complete application or deposit application
will there be any issue on the day of interview ?
Please answer
Looking forward to hearing from you soon
regards
The US consular officer isn't worried about your job history. They are more concerned about your current hob, travel history and what you intend to do when you get to the US.

You need to calm down. The consular officers can smell and hear the fear in your voice. If left unchecked, it would cause inconsistencies in your replies.