ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:41 am

kam1 wrote:nazi what is the number your rang? Could you please let me know?

Thanks

Kamran[/b]
number is 0208 917 2039...

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:58 am

naz08 wrote: del_piero -no it hasnt changed online..it the same message "application forwared to "......
Like you said, there’s not much you can do. All you can do is pray...I suggest you occupy yourself with other things so that you’re not paying too much attention to this otherwise it will drive you nuts.

Our status changed on Monday to collect and its Thursday today and yet we haven’t had a call and that has made me go slightly bananas so I kind of understand your frustration.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:03 am

del piero - The call might never come, as in my case. I waited for a week after the status changed at the website, and I just went. The passport was there for 4 days, so you should give it a try and go.
Skeptic

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:16 am

RiFF wrote:del piero - The call might never come, as in my case. I waited for a week after the status changed at the website, and I just went. The passport was there for 4 days, so you should give it a try and go.
I guess your right, my wife is going down tomorrow regardless of us getting the call or not.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:18 am

del_piero_3 wrote:
naz08 wrote: del_piero -no it hasnt changed online..it the same message "application forwared to "......
Like you said, there’s not much you can do. All you can do is pray...I suggest you occupy yourself with other things so that you’re not paying too much attention to this otherwise it will drive you nuts.

Our status changed on Monday to collect and its Thursday today and yet we haven’t had a call and that has made me go slightly bananas so I kind of understand your frustration.
thanks for ur support...hey give the home office a call if not go to the VAC centre in lahore sumtimes they call buh phones are busy so they forget bout them,

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:25 am

del_piero_3 wrote:
RiFF wrote:del piero - The call might never come, as in my case. I waited for a week after the status changed at the website, and I just went. The passport was there for 4 days, so you should give it a try and go.
I guess your right, my wife is going down tomorrow regardless of us getting the call or not.
Good Luck. Remember me in your prayers.
Skeptic

escoba

HEY GUYS

Post by escoba » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:02 pm

Hows is it going?

Quick question my boss is writing my letter for me about employment and shes never done one b4, so far shes written that i work for her my job role, does she have to state my salary aswell? what else does she need to write?

thanks

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:09 pm

I think it should encampass three things:

1. Your job role
2. The duration of you having been working in that role
3. Your present salary and any scheduled bonuses if you receive them
4. A mention of your good behaivour at work :lol:

This should suffice, and make sure its on a piece of paper out of your organization's stationary, containing letter head and contact information
Skeptic

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:10 pm

I think it should encampass three things:

1. Your job role
2. The duration of you having been working in that role
3. Your present salary and any scheduled bonuses if you receive them
4. A mention of your good behaivour at work :lol:

This should suffice, and make sure its on a piece of paper out of your organization's stationary, containing letter head and contact information
Skeptic

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:31 am

Hi folks ...

Del Piero / Kam1 - any news ??? praying for ya ... :D

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:49 am

oahmed - hey i got an email from BHC its the same response.it there another email address were i can email them..looks like evertime i use this one i get the same response
Visqry2.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk - its useless...have u got another one.....help

hubbi went down there ysterday they said it probs take 1 more weeks dats it..just wait for us to call u and keep checkn the website

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:01 am

oahmed wrote:Hi folks ...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:02 am

:D :D :D :D

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:21 am

kam1 wrote:

:D :D :D :D
Congratulations mate, am happy for you...

As for myself, I havent been that lucky. I havent got the full details yet.

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:02 pm

kam1 wrote:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
congrats dude hope u n wife re happi togther...wen did she find ot????

oahmed

Post by oahmed » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:07 pm

Kam1 - Many Congratulations!! Well happy for you, best wishes for your future together!! :D

Del Piero - bro, I really sorry things havent worked out. But please keep your spirits up, find out what the rejection points were and address them asap & go again!! Inshallah you will get your visa soon - get moving quickly with your next steps and remain positive. Keep Smiling bro :D

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:02 pm

oahmed wrote:Del Piero - bro, I really sorry things havent worked out. But please keep your spirits up, find out what the rejection points were and address them asap & go again!! Inshallah you will get your visa soon - get moving quickly with your next steps and remain positive. Keep Smiling bro :D
Mine wasn’t a simple case due to me being divorced. My divorce was from the union council in Pak, which is recognised in the UK (see the link below) but for some strange reason BHC take a different stand. I met all the criteria, had it checked with the solicitors etc but still turned down on that basis.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapte ... r13annex1/

I won’t be appealing, will submit a new case once we are ready. Unfortunately it won’t be any time soon because UK quick divorces take around 4-5months if the ex doesn’t contest it otherwise it could be around a year…oh great just what I always wanted :( :( :(

kam1
Newly Registered

Post by kam1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:04 pm

oahmed wrote:Kam1 - Many Congratulations!! Well happy for you, best wishes for your future together!! :D

Del Piero - bro, I really sorry things havent worked out. But please keep your spirits up, find out what the rejection points were and address them asap & go again!! Inshallah you will get your visa soon - get moving quickly with your next steps and remain positive. Keep Smiling bro :D
Thank you for everyones support. I think this forum is awesome!

We wife has been given 18 days to leave the country! It took about 3 weeks to get the visa, which is not bad. However they should have given it first time round!

weiser

Post by weiser » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Hi

My case is still under appeal - not a word since I submitted the appeal 3 months ago - I have been trying to locate a phone number I can call from the UK to Pakistan to find out the status and if there is a hold up I am unaware of.

Thanks

naz08
Member of Standing

Post by naz08 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:31 pm

weiser wrote:Hi

My case is still under appeal - not a word since I submitted the appeal 3 months ago - I have been trying to locate a phone number I can call from the UK to Pakistan to find out the status and if there is a hold up I am unaware of.

Thanks
hey ring the Home office in london they deal wiv appeals n wud give u an update...here is the number 0208 917 2039..

weiser

Post by weiser » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:46 pm

Thanks for the number - just phoned them up but they have never heard of my wife's name - the lady kept rambling on about the process rather than trying to help - is there a number I can call in Pakistan anyone?

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Del Piero - There is no way, the BHC is going to recognize a divorce settlement from anywhere in Pakistan, whether it be the Supreme court, it is ridiculous i know, but thats the way it is. Our neighbour did all the authentications, and verifications, he possibly could but to no avail. His visa didnt happen until he went the UK court quick divorce route.

Weiser - If you have submitted an appeal and have not got a response yet, you are better off calling the AIT, as they take months to enter the appeal into their computer system and then acknowledge the receipt of an appeal. Their number is 0845 6000 877.
Skeptic

del_piero_3

Post by del_piero_3 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:10 pm

RiFF wrote:Del Piero - There is no way, the BHC is going to recognize a divorce settlement from anywhere in Pakistan, whether it be the Supreme court, it is ridiculous i know, but thats the way it is. Our neighbour did all the authentications, and verifications, he possibly could but to no avail. His visa didnt happen until he went the UK court quick divorce route.
I was told by number of solicitors that the Pakistani divorce was valid and is recognised in UK. However, they did say with BHC and visa application its a 50-50, all depends on who opens my file.

I have sent you pm, check it mate.

Safina1

Post by Safina1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:13 pm

nazo8 i was given d same email add n wen i emailed dem dey replied dat i shud contact dem on

Appeals.Islamabad@fco.gov.uk

give it a try mite work. i'm still waiting 4 a reply.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:27 am

here is another address, which is a little quicker:

Appeals.Determination@fco.gov.uk

This is only helpful, if your appeal has already been decided, otherwise, you are better off with the address already posted above.
Skeptic