ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lesleyahall
Newly Registered

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by lesleyahall » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:05 am

Jamesvii wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:08 pm
JohnFBR wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:29 am
Jamesvii wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:43 pm
Mr_Knight wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:11 pm
Jamesvii wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:40 am
9 days! I'm an expectant parent and just sent my application on Thursday (9th June). My baby is due on the 19th November.

Unfortunately I didn't read this forum beforehand and, although I left a very clear note at the front of my application, I didn't leave a note on the envelope!

Is it likely mine will just get stuck in a pile of unopened envelopes now? I think I'll send an email in a couple of weeks to explain my situation further and pray for a resolution before November.
Personally I would not delay contacting them via email/phone, FBR/Passport service to either that will respond explaining the situation. Without the note on front of envelope it will just be stuck in the pile.
They have confirmed on 15th June that my application was received, which means they must have opened the envelope and must have seen my note about being an expectant parent, as this was at the front of my application and very clearly displayed.

I've just emailed the 'urgent' address and requested confirmation that my application has been expedited.
No guarantee it’s been opened. Your application number was on the front of the envelope.
An update on my case (expectant parent application).

- Application sent 9th June
- Confirmation of application received 15th June
- I emailed the urgent email address regarding my expectant parent status 15th June

I have just this morning (4th July) received confirmation that I have been entered onto the register. So it took 13 working days from my email to confirmation.

I know that I am extremely fortunate to be an expectant parent and to have my application rushed through. I am delighted. If anyone has any questions on the process for expectant parents please feel free to message me and I will offer advice where I can.
Hi, I've just seen your post about expediting your application because you're an expectant parent. I wasn't aware you could do this. My FBR application was received in December 2020 and I'm now expecting a baby in January 2023. Can you tell me the process you followed to do this, please?

Many thanks,
Lesley

Mr_Knight
Mood:

Post by Mr_Knight » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:47 am

lesleyahall wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:05 am
Hi, I've just seen your post about expediting your application because you're an expectant parent. I wasn't aware you could do this. My FBR application was received in December 2020 and I'm now expecting a baby in January 2023. Can you tell me the process you followed to do this, please?

Many thanks,
Lesley
Tell them your application number & when it was recieved by them.
+353 1 568 3331
+353 1 408 2555
fbr.urgentqueries@dfa.ie

ELuFkoHwAya
Newly Registered
Norway

Post by ELuFkoHwAya » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:38 am

I have been quietly following this forum for years, so I figured I should post my dates, as I just received address confirmation.

Documents Received: February 14, 2020
Address Confirmation: July 08, 2022
Congratulations Email: Pending
FBR Certification received: Pending

I also received a call from DFA informing me that everything is in order, so I suspect I should be receiving a congratulations email shortly. I asked about timelines to receive the certificate, and I was told they're averaging 4 weeks to receive the certificate by registered mail.

LurkerMcGee
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by LurkerMcGee » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:56 am

duffy1867 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:20 am
Harryq wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:08 am
This is great news. Where did you find this information? Thank you
here you go: https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id ... fbr#g448.r

Good website to keep an eye on, searching for FBR - the only place to find info outside of this forum :D

Interestingly - 'IF' (and of course big word... if) they keep going at this speed, the wait time will become closer to 12 months
I don't think they've increased their speed. Coveney simply changed the time window in which he's describing (probably to make the number of processed applications seem larger).

On 14th June 2022, he says 5500 applications processed "to date this year"; as in from January 1st to June 14th.

On 30th June 2022, he says 7000 applications have been processed "since FBR processing resumed in November 2021"; as in, since mid-November 2021 (whenever they reopened; 15th Nov?) to June 30th.

On 6th July 2022, he says 7300 applications have been processed.

In effect he's added an extra month and a half of time into his time window comparing between 14th June and 30th June. Based on the 6th July post, it seems they're still processing ~300 applications per week.

That's how I understand it anyway...

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:35 am

ELuFkoHwAya wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:38 am
I have been quietly following this forum for years, so I figured I should post my dates, as I just received address confirmation.

I also received a call from DFA informing me that everything is in order, so I suspect I should be receiving a congratulations email shortly. I asked about timelines to receive the certificate, and I was told they're averaging 4 weeks to receive the certificate by registered mail.
Congrats! Feb 14 is the same day as me, hopefully I hear something very soon! Thanks for the info about the certificate delivery. I still don't understand why they need the printed certificate for a passport rather than just a registration number or such, I mean they own the registry you could look it up in. oh well! Congrats again!

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:18 pm

ELuFkoHwAya wrote:

I also just received my address confirmation today! I 28 months and 24 days in total I believe.
had to send back documents to confirm my new address, as I had moved. But my application is approved pending review of those address documents.

Seanpd
Newly Registered

Post by Seanpd » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:07 pm

Congratulations guys!! Can you both please also confirm your Application / Application Received date?
Our Application Received date was 7th February 2020 and Documents Received Date was 18th February 2020. So 🤞 not too long now….

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:23 pm

Seanpd wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:07 pm
Congratulations guys!! Can you both please also confirm your Application / Application Received date?
Our Application Received date was 7th February 2020 and Documents Received Date was 18th February 2020. So 🤞 not too long now….
Seems they are moving into the middle/second half of Feb, so I'm guessing you'll hear very shortly.

My dates are:

Application date was: 29/1/2020
Documents received in Dublin: 14/2/2020

GlasgowLass
Newly Registered

Post by GlasgowLass » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:33 am

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:05 pm

Hi, number is here:

https://www.dfa.ie/about-us/contact-us/ ... tizenship/

It still says for "urgent inquiries", but they removed the other method for "non-urgent inquiries" (the chat function) and this is the only one that remains. Good luck!
Thank you. I checked with Royal Mail tracking and my papers were delivered so I can relax a bit hopefully. I was wondering whether I should call them about my change of address. I have been continuing to have my post redirected purely because I don’t want my certificate sent to my old address - and I am likely to have moved again by 2023 when I get to the top of the list. However from posts on here am I right in concluding that they contact you by email to check your current address once they get to processing your application?

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:00 pm

GlasgowLass wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:33 am
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:05 pm

Hi, number is here:

https://www.dfa.ie/about-us/contact-us/ ... tizenship/

It still says for "urgent inquiries", but they removed the other method for "non-urgent inquiries" (the chat function) and this is the only one that remains. Good luck!
Thank you. I checked with Royal Mail tracking and my papers were delivered so I can relax a bit hopefully. I was wondering whether I should call them about my change of address. I have been continuing to have my post redirected purely because I don’t want my certificate sent to my old address - and I am likely to have moved again by 2023 when I get to the top of the list. However from posts on here am I right in concluding that they contact you by email to check your current address once they get to processing your application?
It is the last step I believe. I received an email saying my application is approved and will be entered into the FBR once my address is confirmed. Having moved, I replied and sent them 3 documents with my current address listed on them, bank statement, utility bill and a tax document. It's the final step, seems to be done after they've approved your application and reviewed your documents.

duffy1867

Post by duffy1867 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:39 pm

LurkerMcGee wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:56 am
I don't think they've increased their speed. Coveney simply changed the time window in which he's describing (probably to make the number of processed applications seem larger).

On 14th June 2022, he says 5500 applications processed "to date this year"; as in from January 1st to June 14th.

On 30th June 2022, he says 7000 applications have been processed "since FBR processing resumed in November 2021"; as in, since mid-November 2021 (whenever they reopened; 15th Nov?) to June 30th.

On 6th July 2022, he says 7300 applications have been processed.

In effect he's added an extra month and a half of time into his time window comparing between 14th June and 30th June. Based on the 6th July post, it seems they're still processing ~300 applications per week.

That's how I understand it anyway...
This is an interesting point, and a good example of politicians using language to confuse (simple people like me!).

I suppose we know above all that they are processing around 1,000 applications per month (or around 300 per week)

Huge Congratulations to Dalton_Trumbo & ELuFkoHwAya it's exciting to see they have reached 14th Feb!

joemac41
Ireland

Post by joemac41 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:17 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:18 pm
ELuFkoHwAya wrote:

I also just received my address confirmation today! I 28 months and 24 days in total I believe.
had to send back documents to confirm my new address, as I had moved. But my application is approved pending review of those address documents.

Back on June 20th, I wrote this to you:
According to my calculations and a lot is based on guesses and estimates, you are looking at the second week of July for your approval. Probably around July 9th.

Let's see if I'm right.
Congrats and lets see if we can start figuring out estimates for people.

duffy1867

Post by duffy1867 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:57 pm

joemac41 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:17 pm
According to my calculations and a lot is based on guesses and estimates, you are looking at the second week of July for your approval. Probably around July 9th.

Let's see if I'm right

This is very, very impressive! Whats your estimate for me? Docs received 25 Feb 2020 (applied 18 Feb)

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:54 pm

joemac41 wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:17 pm
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:18 pm
ELuFkoHwAya wrote:

Back on June 20th, I wrote this to you:

Let's see if I'm right.
Wow indeed. Very impressive Joe! Almost spot on. You don't have any stock market tips do you? ;)

joemac41
Ireland

Post by joemac41 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:38 pm

no but it is a simple numbers game using all the numbers they give up. No of applications per month processed and number of applications that came in during the first half of 2020.

Before the pandemic in March of 2020, they probably got 7500 applications and 2500 between the start Mar 12th and Aug 1st. You are probably looking around Sept1 to get them to start the applications from the pandemic. and they will probably be finished up by Dec. to get to Aug 2020 applications.

duffy1867

Post by duffy1867 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:02 am

ELuFkoHwAya wrote:

Good to see the phone call is back - not seen this mentioned for a few weeks

DRodgers
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by DRodgers » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:55 pm

I received my address confirmation email today;

Address Confirmation email: July 11, 2022

Very happy chappy :)

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:51 pm

DRodgers wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:55 pm

Congrats! The Valentines day club all getting through. I got address confirmation Friday, now waiting on Congrats email after verification of my changed address documents. Hopefully this week. would love to be able to get the passport app out in first half of August.

DRodgers
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by DRodgers » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:43 am

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:51 pm
DRodgers wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:55 pm

Congrats! The Valentines day club all getting through. I got address confirmation Friday, now waiting on Congrats email after verification of my changed address documents. Hopefully this week. would love to be able to get the passport app out in first half of August.
Congrats to you too & all those who have received emails so far, hopefully things will speed up for those still waiting patiently. My UK passport runs out next year so I’m glad I won’t need to get a Blue passport renewal! And maybe even get a Scottish passport in a few years time 8)

Colfla
Newly Registered

Post by Colfla » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:39 pm

Anyone in the march 2021 club? Hoping that not many applications were sent over covid lockdowns. Still a bit worried my docs never arrived as never received a confirmation email!

Colfla
Newly Registered

Post by Colfla » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:40 pm

Anyone in the march 2021 club? Hoping that not many applications were sent over covid lockdowns. Still a bit worried my docs never arrived as never received a confirmation email!

Alk1978
Newly Registered

Post by Alk1978 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:52 pm

Hi lovely people,

A few weeks since my last post where I finally received my FB certificate in hand.

I got coronavirus shortly after and have been sick two weeks now. So many people getting it. I’m going to superglue an N95 mask to my face once I’m testing clear again.

So. I submitted my online Irish passport application and you get a bunch of print outs with yet another list of proofs of identity you need to provide.

My big concern is that they are asking me to send in my British passport. I have a trip to Amsterdam in 10 days (if I’m well enough) so I won’t submit before then, but I’m then doing the Berlin Marathon (Corona depending) in late September.

My major concern is that I’m hearing horror stories about 2 year waits for passports and of course I can’t be without my British passport that long. I know its possible to order a second copy of my British passport but I understand that British passport issuance is also severely affected at the moment.

I can’t make copies of my British passport and have it notarised instead? Any less horror story experience of actual timelines at the moment?

Many thanks all!

Alk1978
Newly Registered

Post by Alk1978 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:28 pm

Additionally to note that I’ve spoke to the British passport people and there’s no way for me to get a second British passport - none of the criteria that would allow for this are open to me (I’m not working, I haven’t been anywhere that might make travel to other places difficult).

Gah, I’m so frustrated. 2.5 years to get an FBR and now I’m meant to just be passportless for another 2 years while Ireland hold onto my British passport until they get to my passport application?

Sorry, covid is not helping me take this all very calmly. Any advice on notarised full colour copies of every page of my British passport, or personal experience of FBR-based passport turnaround times would be very much appreciated.

Trying to reach the Irish office but of course the phone line just cuts you off, and the webchat is constantly unavailable.

Alk1978
Newly Registered

Post by Alk1978 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:49 pm

Ok third and last post, sorry.

Managed to actually get through on webchat and talked to a guy called Joseph who was very helpful.

He denied the two year wait and said applications are cancelled after six months so this is not the case.

He advised I take my late July trip on my U.K. passport and have everything ready so that the second I’m back I submit my application, and that yes my original U.K. passport must be part of that, not a notarised copy.

He says current turnaround is 25 days, and that given I have around two months between my return and the next trip he expects I’ll be ok, but that I can contact them halfway between on webchat (providing I can get through!) and request the return of my British passport at that point and that he doesn’t think I should have any issues.

Fingers crossed. Sorry for multiple posts. It’s Corona’s fault, promise.

duffy1867

Post by duffy1867 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:08 pm

Alk1978 wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:49 pm

He advised I take my late July trip on my U.K. passport and have everything ready so that the second I’m back I submit my application, and that yes my original U.K. passport must be part of that, not a notarised copy.
You might be better on the First Time passport chat as I have seen many other people approved with notarised passports - I'm guessing their process has not changed.

I personally have no intention of sending my passport over - back in the day jgclancy was approved in this method and send various notarised documents to avoid the issue.

Original passports from another country cannot be essential as not everyone is forced to have one.