ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Minor Application query

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

TCP2020
Newly Registered
India

OCI Minor Application query

Post by TCP2020 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:15 pm

Hello,

I am in a process of applying for OCI for my daughter (2.5 years) and have yet to book my appointment. I am holding a British passport and OCI, and my wife holds an Indian passport (expiring on 15th July 2022) and ILR valid until Dec 2024.
Also, I have applied for British citizenship (beginning in July 2022) for my wife hence I am not renewing my wife's Indian passport.

My question is to submit my wife's expired passport to support my daughter's OCI application is acceptable? could you please confirm this at the earliest?

Regards
TCP2020

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: OCI Minor Application query

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:50 am

TCP2020 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:15 pm
Hello,

I am in a process of applying for OCI for my daughter (2.5 years) and have yet to book my appointment. I am holding a British passport and OCI, and my wife holds an Indian passport (expiring on 15th July 2022) and ILR valid until Dec 2024.
Also, I have applied for British citizenship (beginning in July 2022) for my wife hence I am not renewing my wife's Indian passport.

My question is to submit my wife's expired passport to support my daughter's OCI application is acceptable? Yes, although cancelled indian passport can also be used to prove relationship to root indian. could you please confirm this at the earliest?

Regards
TCP2020
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI