ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SL6
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by SL6 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:25 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:22 am
SL6 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:19 am
Hi don’t know how f anyone can answer this. I have applied on the FBR for my two younger adults… the are both received as March 2020 and both have moved out of the family home n this time. As they can still have post directed to us and possibly they don’t thave won’t go proof of new address status, can the family address still be given and will they need further proof?
Thx in anticipation
I assume you are talking about your 2 adult children? I would simply leave the family home address as you still live there and can receive the FBR certificate and documents for them.

The primary reason for the address confirmation is to ensure that they are sending the FBR cert and returned documents to the correct address. Since it is still an address that you can receive mail for your kids, I would just leave it.
Thanks I had hoped that would be the case .. you are right that the are our children… so if the address remains the same, does the FBR need further proof of address or do
They use the original documents sent 2plus years ago?

GoingBackBackToEire
Ireland

Post by GoingBackBackToEire » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:57 pm

I added a bunch of data to the Google Sheet.
I went through the last several months of posts in this thread and added relevant entries to the sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:49 pm

SL6 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:25 pm
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
SL6 wrote:
Hi don’t know how f anyone can answer this. I have applied on the FBR for my two younger adults… the are both received as March 2020 and both have moved out of the family home n this time. As they can still have post directed to us and possibly they don’t thave won’t go proof of new address status, can the family address still be given and will they need further proof?
Thx in anticipation
I assume you are talking about your 2 adult children? I would simply leave the family home address as you still live there and can receive the FBR certificate and documents for them.

The primary reason for the address confirmation is to ensure that they are sending the FBR cert and returned documents to the correct address. Since it is still an address that you can receive mail for your kids, I would just leave it.
Thanks I had hoped that would be the case .. you are right that the are our children… so if the address remains the same, does the FBR need further proof of address or do
The email I got said the following:

"To ensure these documents are dispatched to the correct address you should confirm your address by return email. If you have moved address since you completed the applications you should provide a scanned copy of proof of that new address e.g. original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence."

Seems like if it hasn't changed you just confirm the address and no additional documents are necessary.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:50 pm

Celtic_Bee wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:13 pm
Date of Application: 02/17/2020
Date of Address Confirmation: 07/11/2022
Date of Congratulations: pending
FBR Certification Received: pending
Congrats! Feb is moving it seems!

duffy1867

Post by duffy1867 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:46 am

Celtic_Bee wrote:
Are you happy to share the date your docs were delivered/accepted?

Seanpd
Newly Registered

Post by Seanpd » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:19 am

Staff obviously in working overtime-just got email with great news at 11am Dublin time!

Date of Application: 7th February 2020
Date Documents received: 17th February 2020
Date of Address Confirmation: 17th July 2022

This forum has been brilliant-thank you all!

SL6
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by SL6 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:24 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:49 pm
SL6 wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:25 pm
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
SL6 wrote:
Thx in anticipation

The email I got said the following:

"To ensure these documents are dispatched to the correct address you should confirm your address by return email. If you have moved address since you completed the applications you should provide a scanned copy of proof of that new address e.g. original utility bills, bank statements, government correspondence."

Seems like if it hasn't changed you just confirm the address and no additional documents are necessary.
Great, reply much appreciated

FBRLurker
Newly Registered

Post by FBRLurker » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:51 pm

Has anyone here tried to send in additional documentation after initially applying (and before hearing anything back, aside from the documents received email)?

My maternal grandfather is estranged from the rest of the family, so I don't have access to his passport. Spoke to embassy in the UK beforehand, who spoke to the FBR team, and was advised to apply anyway. When I did, I included copies of my grandparents divorce papers, and also my grandfather's brother's birth certificate and a printed scan of his passport (which he emailed to me - I don't have access to the original for notarisation as we live in different countries).

I explained all this in both a covering letter and affidavit, however I'm now wondering if I should also provide the birth and death certificate of my grandfather's other brother, or if that would be over-complicating things too much? I've also since discovered my maternal grandfather seems to be in UK Companies House records, which, whilst not a legal form of ID, is extra proof of his existence I could send?

My mum's birth certificate says he was born in Belfast anyway (as does his own, obviously), but I think I just wanna have as much documentation as possible. Not sure if they accept extra documents or if I'm providing too much, though. This 2 year wait is going to be fun, haha.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:05 pm

FBRLurker wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:51 pm
Has anyone here tried to send in additional documentation after initially applying (and before hearing anything back, aside from the documents received email)?

My maternal grandfather is estranged from the rest of the family, so I don't have access to his passport. Spoke to embassy in the UK beforehand, who spoke to the FBR team, and was advised to apply anyway. When I did, I included copies of my grandparents divorce papers, and also my grandfather's brother's birth certificate and a printed scan of his passport (which he emailed to me - I don't have access to the original for notarisation as we live in different countries).

I explained all this in both a covering letter and affidavit, however I'm now wondering if I should also provide the birth and death certificate of my grandfather's other brother, or if that would be over-complicating things too much? I've also since discovered my maternal grandfather seems to be in UK Companies House records, which, whilst not a legal form of ID, is extra proof of his existence I could send?

My mum's birth certificate says he was born in Belfast anyway (as does his own, obviously), but I think I just wanna have as much documentation as possible. Not sure if they accept extra documents or if I'm providing too much, though. This 2 year wait is going to be fun, haha.
Curious, my mother was born in London and I was pretty easily able to order an official copy of her birth certificate from the GRO. My grandmother was born in Ireland, and I was able to order the same for her quite easily online. The only difference is that my grandmother has been dead for 35+ years. I don't remember the details of the process too much. Have you spoken to the GRO office about it? Can you not order a copy of a birth certificate for a living relative? Apologies if these are silly questions.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:08 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:05 pm
FBRLurker wrote:

Curious, my mother was born in London and I was pretty easily able to order an official copy of her birth certificate from the GRO. My grandmother was born in Ireland, and I was able to order the same for her quite easily online. The only difference is that my grandmother has been dead for 35+ years. I don't remember the details of the process too much. Have you spoken to the GRO office about it? Can you not order a copy of a birth certificate for a living relative? Apologies if these are silly questions.
You also could speak to an attorney who specializes in this type of law and see what they say. Perhaps some documents prepared and notarized etc via an attorney would smooth over the process. Just a thought.

FBRLurker
Newly Registered

Post by FBRLurker » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:21 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:08 pm
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
FBRLurker wrote:

You also could speak to an attorney who specializes in this type of law and see what they say. Perhaps some documents prepared and notarized etc via an attorney would smooth over the process. Just a thought.
I haven't had any issues ordering birth certificates for living relatives (England and Northern Ireland) myself, it is just the passport for my grandfather that I'm missing, and I guess my main uncertainty is how much or if I need to compensate for that. The embassy did mention when I contacted them that the Passport Service can check to see if he has an Irish passport, interestingly, but as he lives in England and was born in Northern Ireland, it's anyone's guess if he has one or not.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:04 pm

FBRLurker wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:21 pm
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:08 pm
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
FBRLurker wrote:

I haven't had any issues ordering birth certificates for living relatives (England and Northern Ireland) myself, it is just the passport for my grandfather that I'm missing, and I guess my main uncertainty is how much or if I need to compensate for that. The embassy did mention when I contacted them that the Passport Service can check to see if he has an Irish passport, interestingly, but as he lives in England and was born in Northern Ireland, it's anyone's guess if he has one or not.
Ah, I misunderstood. You're just lacking the copy of a passport or ID for your grandfather. In my case, I provided the death certificate in lieu of that. I am fairly certain I have seen others on here provide an affidavit and cover letter explaining the estrangement, and that has been acceptable. hopefully someone with this scenario can provide more precise details of what they did. Good luck!

JohnFBR
Mood:

Post by JohnFBR » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:16 pm

Seanpd wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:19 am
Staff obviously in working overtime-just got email with great news at 11am Dublin time!

Thank you for sharing. I was 2 days after you so hopefully I’m not too far from hearing from them! 🙌

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:45 am

JohnFBR wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:16 pm
Seanpd wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:19 am

Thank you for sharing. I was 2 days after you so hopefully I’m not too far from hearing from them! 🙌
Seems you should hear in the next week or so. For context, my date was 14 Feb, 2020 and I received my address confirmation on July 8. So it was 9 days later that the person above received theirs for the 17. seems they are moving through about 2 days per week. Should be soon for you!

JohnFBR
Mood:

Post by JohnFBR » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:54 pm

I hope you are correct! :) Thank you for the additional context. Will update the thread once I hear something!

NHPete
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by NHPete » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:11 pm

FBR Process Complete!
Applied online: 2 Feb 2020
Docs Received: 11 Feb 2020
Address Check: 22 June 2022
Congratulations Email: 22 June 2022
FBR Certification Received (USA): 18 July 2022
The passport instructions say to include my original foreign passport with the required mail-in documents for the Irish passport application? Will they accept a copy? I can't be without my passport due to work travel.

brainiacghost

Post by brainiacghost » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:29 pm

NHPete wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:11 pm
FBR Process Complete!
The passport instructions say to include my original foreign passport with the required mail-in documents for the Irish passport application? Will they accept a copy? I can't be without my passport due to work travel.
They accepted a witnessed copy of my UK passport (witnessed by the same person who witnessed my application form, a nurse)

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:03 pm

NHPete wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:11 pm
FBR Process Complete!
In the US, I belive you would get a notarized copy of your passport, preferably from the same person that did your FBR documents, but the passport office may not even have a record of that paperwork so any notary would probably do. There are some state by state rules for "true and exact copy" notarization so best to review that.

Pb300
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Pb300 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:44 am

I received my passport last week so it appears that I've come to the end of a long journey. Many thanks to all the folks how contribute to this discussion. Your advise and encouragement have been helpful.
Applied Online: 5 May 2022
Documents Received: 20 Jun 2022
Address Confirmation: 10 Mar 2022
Congratulation email: 28 Mar 2022 (nearly 3 weeks since address confirmation)
FBR received: 2 Apr 2022
Passport application online: 28 Mar 2022
Passport documents received: 9 May 2022
Passport documents registered: 15 May 2022
Passport received: 13 Jul 2022. (Much longer than advertised on passport tracking website)

One oddity about the passport however. ICAO standard size of passport is 88mm x135mm. This is supposed to be the same size for all countries. My new Irish passport measures 92mm wide - just slightly too large to fit standard passport covers. Not sure if this is a manufacturing defect?

Mandino55
Canada

Post by Mandino55 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:31 am

I feel like this must have been covered by someone already but why is February going so slowly? Was there a massive surge of applicants in February 2020? What are everyones theories?

JohnFBR
Mood:

Post by JohnFBR » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:27 am

Mandino55 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:31 am
I feel like this must have been covered by someone already but why is February going so slowly? Was there a massive surge of applicants in February 2020? What are everyones theories?
Combination of Brexit kicking in and pre-Covid timing. I saw a 14th Feb get processed. Someone above Dalton? Estimated they are working through two days every week. It does seem to have picked up momentum recently.

Themag62
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Themag62 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:27 pm

SeanPD Congrats! Can anyone post here from what .ie email they are receiving the email asking for current address? FBR.ie? DFAT.ie? I want to search my inbox by the address every day. My EU university student's docs were also received on 2/17/20. The delay in citizenship will cost me another 10k+ USD this year. I cannot help myself from being LIVID at the Irish government. It does not appear they are processing applications "in strict date order" as purported, as there are some who have posted here with document confirmation before 2/17/20 who have heard nothing back. The dates are all over the place.

I know from friends in similar circumstances with FBR in ITALY (!!) and Germany, they are caught up with their Covid lockdown backlog.

But anyway, what is that email address from which you get the long awaited contact?

Thanks!

Themag62
Newly Registered
United States of America

SeanPD Congrats! Can anyone post here from what .ie email they are receiving the email asking for current address? FBR.ie? DFAT.ie? I want to search my inbox by the address every day. My EU university student's docs were also received on 2/17/20. The delay in citizenship will cost me another 10k+ USD this year. I cannot help myself from being LIVID at the Irish government. It does not appear they are processing applications "in strict date order" as purported, as there are some who have posted here with document confirmation before 2/17/20 who have heard nothing back. The dates are all over the place.

I know from friends in similar circumstances with FBR in ITALY (!!) and Germany, they are caught up with their Covid lockdown backlog.

But anyway, what is that email address from which you get the long awaited contact?

Thanks!

Themag62
Newly Registered
United States of America

Thanks!

Celtic_Bee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Celtic_Bee » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:46 pm

duffy1867 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:46 am
Celtic_Bee wrote:
Are you happy to share the date your docs were delivered/accepted?
Yes, I will share what little I know. I mailed the docs on 02/10/2020 using USPS Express International. I never received a confirmation from the FBR that they were received but it was confirmed through the USPS tracking and return receipt dated 02/17/2020. I heard nothing until the email asking for address confirmation on 07/11/2022. I hope this helps.