ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guest entertainer on cruise ships- wondering if when you leave the UK for work reasons if it counts as time away?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maplemusicbox
Newly Registered
Mood:
Malta

Guest entertainer on cruise ships- wondering if when you leave the UK for work reasons if it counts as time away?

Post by Maplemusicbox » Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:56 am

Does anyone know how I can find out about this please? I have pre-settled status and spend a good part of my year on board cruise ships, usually leaving from the UK and returning to the UK but it’s for work reasons only, does this time aboard the ships count as time away from the UK?

vinny

Re: Guest entertainer on cruise ships- wondering if when you leave the UK for work reasons if it counts as time away?

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:10 am

Probably, if travelling outside the UK territorial waters.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Guest entertainer on cruise ships- wondering if when you leave the UK for work reasons if it counts as time away?

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:24 am

Maplemusicbox wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:56 am
Does anyone know how I can find out about this please? I have pre-settled status and spend a good part of my year on board cruise ships, usually leaving from the UK and returning to the UK but it’s for work reasons only, does this time aboard the ships count as time away from the UK?
It would be better you posted this in the appropriate forum: eea-route-applications/
where you might get more responses from more knowledgeable members.

I would guess absences spent on foreign registered cruise ships (except for UK departure/arrival days) are absences away from the UK (unlikely a UK registered ship in international water would count as UK territory....).

Please refer to the EU Settled Status Guidance, section "Qualifying residence", page 160 on:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... embers.pdf

I'm not very familiar with all the rules around EUSS but hopefully someone else could provide more insight.

NB. missed @vinny post previously.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:34 am

Topic moved.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.