ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled status help !

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sidali42
Wales

Settled status help !

Post by Sidali42 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:23 am

Hi
I received my settled status on Friday . My question is
They writing in the email if you don’t have valid biometric RC you should receive one within 10 working days . I have my RC expiring in 2024 but it’s pre settled .will they send me new card or I can keep with my valid one ?

Thanks

kamoe

Re: Settled status help !

Post by kamoe » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:30 am

Sidali42 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:23 am
will they send me new card
No.
or I can keep with my valid one ?
Yes.

You can however, proactively replace your card, so that it now shows Settled Status, here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Sidali42
Wales

Post by Sidali42 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:14 pm

Hi thanks for your help

My last question. Can I still travel with my old card until when they issue new one ?

Thanks

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:25 pm

Sidali42 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:14 pm
My last question. Can I still travel with my old card until when they issue new one ?
Yes, as long as the expiration date printed on it has not passed.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:56 pm

kamoe wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:25 pm
Sidali42 wrote:
Hi Kamoe, just a quick question. We are in the same situation as a family. Myself and my 2 children have pre-settled RCs which are valid till 2024. However, we received settled status emails in March 2022. I am planning to apply for Naturalisation next March and I hope having pre-settled RCs won't create any problem :?
I love science

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:09 am

imbik wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:56 pm
kamoe wrote:
Sidali42 wrote:
Hi Kamoe, just a quick question. We are in the same situation as a family. Myself and my 2 children have pre-settled RCs which are valid till 2024. However, we received settled status emails in March 2022. I am planning to apply for Naturalisation next March and I hope having pre-settled RCs won't create any problem :?
Your settled status is recorded in the UKVI digital system which they can see of course, that's the definite proof - for naturalisation you provide the reference number from the email. The card itself won't be a problem, just submit a copy when you come to apply.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

imbik
Mood:
Turkey

Post by imbik » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:25 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:09 am
imbik wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:56 pm
kamoe wrote:
Sidali42 wrote:
Your settled status is recorded in the UKVI digital system which they can see of course, that's the definite proof - for naturalisation you provide the reference number from the email. The card itself won't be a problem, just submit a copy when you come to apply.
Thanks mate, much appreciated! I am a little bit detail-oriented for the last couple of months as I have to prepare/finish all documents, tests, applications, etc. for a family of 4 till next March, which will probably kill every cell in my brain :)
I love science