ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2022 Naturalisation Application response

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IrishLord123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Re: 2022 Naturalisation Application response

Post by IrishLord123 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:59 am

Application Based On: non-EU Citizen - Resident in Ireland for over 5 years (Stamp 1+ Stamp 5)

Applied Date: 22-April-2022
Application received Date: 25-April-2022
Acknowledgement Date: - Pending
Second Letter: Pending
E-Vetting Invitation: Pending
E-Vetting Email Link : Pending
Approval: - Pending
Payment: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:04 pm

@Sweeg Please stop reposting older posts in this topic for no apparent reason. It is not necessary to keep doing this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Thehungrysoldier
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Thehungrysoldier » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:20 pm

Does this mean that if your application gets rejected at initial stage you’re waiting > 6 months for a denial? Or if you get rejected do they send it immediately?

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:29 pm

Thehungrysoldier wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:20 pm
Does this mean that if your application gets rejected at initial stage you’re waiting > 6 months for a denial? Or if you get rejected do they send it immediately?
Yes that’s true. Because your application isn’t considered received till they officially acknowledge your application and you get an application number. It takes >6 months to get an instant refusal while they do initial assessments.

youngmoon
Ireland

Post by youngmoon » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:22 am

It's good to see some of the 2022 applicants started getting their acknowledgment letters now.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:08 pm

youngmoon wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:22 am
It's good to see some of the 2022 applicants started getting their acknowledgment letters now.
Seem to be CMU1 people. Good for them!
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:37 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:08 pm
youngmoon wrote:
Acknowledgement letters doesn’t have separate queues for CMU1 and CMU2 I guess. As I (non EU) got acknowledgement letter in same time as an EU applicant applied. There was 1 week apart between our applications and our acknowledgement letters have a date few days difference (like 2-3 days)

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:34 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:37 pm
meself2 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:08 pm
youngmoon wrote:
Acknowledgement letters doesn’t have separate queues for CMU1 and CMU2 I guess. As I (non EU) got acknowledgement letter in same time as an EU applicant applied. There was 1 week apart between our applications and our acknowledgement letters have a date few days difference (like 2-3 days)
Might be, or they just moved everyone onto it. My acknowledgement letter has CMU2 at the bottom, as it should.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

khazali
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by khazali » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:08 am

Hey guys

Has anyone ever heard about CMU4?
Just received my acknowledgment from CMU4!
It was supposed to be assessed by CMU2. Any advise?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:43 pm

khazali wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:08 am
Hey guys

Has anyone ever heard about CMU4?
Just received my acknowledgment from CMU4!
It was supposed to be assessed by CMU2. Any advise?
might mean something, might just mean they're splitting the workload
don't think too much into it, you can't influence it anyways

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:45 pm

interesting to see that a bunch of people received their acknowledgement letter dated approx. a day before six months since they sent in an application
Guess they're introducing some sort of SLAs, good start!

khazali
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by khazali » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:38 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 11:32 pm
I am planning to send an email to Minister also, not asking about my application status of course as they direct you to ISD for that, but simply asking about how come they plan to make decisions on naturalisation applications in 6 to 9 months as minister tells, when they can't even send acknowledgement letters in 6 months. So I am planning to ask if minister is not being realistic about the expectations or if there is a problem with ISD.

So they will either stay quiet, accept minister is spreading misinformation or there is problem with ISD. There is no explanation of using COVID-19 as excuse as it simply doesn't exist anymore, life is back to normal as government says!

Please share the respond from the minister

khazali
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by khazali » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:38 pm

mentalmind wrote:
I am planning to send an email to Minister also, not asking about my application status of course as they direct you to ISD for that, but simply asking about how come they plan to make decisions on naturalisation applications in 6 to 9 months as minister tells, when they can't even send acknowledgement letters in 6 months. So I am planning to ask if minister is not being realistic about the expectations or if there is a problem with ISD.

So they will either stay quiet, accept minister is spreading misinformation or there is problem with ISD. There is no explanation of using COVID-19 as excuse as it simply doesn't exist anymore, life is back to normal as government says!

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:46 pm

khazali wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:38 pm
mentalmind wrote:

I sent an email to a TD in my district, heard nothing. Not even "I got your email", this is a joke.

khazali
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by khazali » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:28 pm

mentalmind wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:46 pm
khazali wrote:
mentalmind wrote:

I sent an email to a TD in my district, heard nothing. Not even "I got your email", this is a joke.
I don’t know what to say ! It’s chaos

khazali
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by khazali » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:31 pm

khazali wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:28 pm
mentalmind wrote:
khazali wrote:
mentalmind wrote:

Can you please share the contents of the letter, I will then ask the same question (sending an email) to my TD as well.

khazali
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by khazali » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:46 pm

Finally received the acknowledgment after 6 months from the team which is not supposed to deal with my application. However, they might have split the work. But what I don’t understand is they have mentioned on the acknowledgment letter the average processing time for straightforward applications is 23 months !!!!!!!!!
This is not even changed !!!!!!
This is seriously a mental torture!!!
This needs to be fixed - I will talk to my TD

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:56 pm

khazali wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:31 pm
khazali wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:28 pm
mentalmind wrote:
khazali wrote:
mentalmind wrote:

Can you please share the contents of the letter, I will then ask the same question (sending an email) to my TD as well.
Here is my email below, I got no reply, no acknowledgement or anything from TD. I am not even sure if he read/cared. I got acknowledgement letter for citizenship application along with others in similar application date so I can say this email didn't had any impact on speeding things up. I checked the logs of Oireachtas (what's discussed is public as in points) and there are some TDs mentioning application details of specific person and asking about the status of that person's application. So some TDs care about this, ask this to Minister of Justice openly and ask for help even thou they get generic reply "tell them to send an email to contact email address" but at least they take some action. The TD I sent this email, did nothing.
Dear TD name,

I hope you are doing fine and having a nice day. My name is ..., I am living in ... area and working in Ireland since .... I would like to ask for your help to share my situation with relevant bodies please. I applied for Irish citizenship by naturalization in November 2021 and I still didn't get an acknowledgement mail stating that my documents are received and being processed. I don't even have an application number and it has been 6 months already. Right now it takes 23 months for citizenship applications to be finalized but I believe it shouldn't take this long to say my application is acknowledged. Justice Department doesn't respond to emails about citizenship applications and Immigration Services Delivery just sends a generic respond saying there is a backlog due Covid-19.

I came by the statement of Justice Minister Helen McEntee TD about citizenship applications are aimed to be finalized in between 6 to 9 months but I don't think it's a realistic target considering my situation.

Would it be possible for you to share my situation or ask about the processing times of citizenship applications in 2021 with relevant bodies please? I am sure there are other applicants in same situation also. I am not asking for prioritization of my application, my aim here is just to get some information about the progress of the applications, as I can't get any better answer than "soon" and "there is backlog". Just imagine that you applied for a role 6 months ago and still you didn't get "we got your application" message, I am sure you would agree that it is a frustrating situation.

Thank you for your time and help with this matter. You can find my contact information below to get in touch if needed.

Kind regards,

kishan295
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kishan295 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:45 am

Hello,

How long does it take to get your original passport back?
Do they send with the acknowledgment receipts?

Thank you

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:52 pm

kishan295 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:45 am
Hello,

How long does it take to get your original passport back?
Do they send with the acknowledgment receipts?

Thank you
You don't have to send your passport in the application if you applied in 2022, just a certified copy. They should've returned them to everyone who sent it in 2021 at this stage.
When did you apply?

kishan295
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by kishan295 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:39 am

Hello

Thank you for your reply.
I applied in 2022 April
I thought the same. Dont have to send paaaport.

But when you check their application form check list

2. Colour copy of all passport pages
7. Proof of Identity ( 150 points) - original passport

Not sure when they are going to send back. Almost 3 months now. No reply to e mails.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:18 pm

kishan295 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:39 am
Hello

Thank you for your reply.
I applied in 2022 April
I thought the same. Dont have to send paaaport.

But when you check their application form check list

2. Colour copy of all passport pages
7. Proof of Identity ( 150 points) - original passport

Not sure when they are going to send back. Almost 3 months now. No reply to e mails.
You did not have to send your original passport there, they mention it in announcements.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/further ... uary-2022/
From 1 January 2022, new applicants for citizenship will not be required to submit their original passport with the initial application. Instead, they can provide a full colour copy of their entire passport and all previous passports containing stamps that contribute to an applicant’s period of reckonable residency claimed, including the front and back covers.
In the table it just lists the amount of points you get for a passport copy.

As they do not expect someone to send in their passport, it might take a while. Took me 6 months so get an acknowledgement.

Jay68
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Jay68 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:13 am

Hi, I am not able to submit a certified copy of my old passport covering my residency in Ireland as I returned it back to the issuing authority before they issued my new/current passport, I only have a full colored copy of it.

Is it okay to only provide a certified copy of my current paasport?
Did anyone encounter a similar situation? 🙏🙏🙏

Billi92
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Billi92 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 pm

Sent my citizenship application on the 1st of July as Non Eu spouse of Irish national and they received the application on the 4th of July 2022 as per An Post tracking so it’s been over 5 months now still haven’t got an acknowledgment letter. This is so pathetic. I am going to be changing my address next year and I’m literally clueless on what to do. :(

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:49 pm

Billi92 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 pm
Sent my citizenship application on the 1st of July as Non Eu spouse of Irish national and they received the application on the 4th of July 2022 as per An Post tracking so it’s been over 5 months now still haven’t got an acknowledgment letter. This is so pathetic. I am going to be changing my address next year and I’m literally clueless on what to do. :(
I got my acknowledgement 6 months minus one day from the date of application; they might have some KPIs tied to it now. Wait for a month and see if you get anything.