ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Residence Card.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ofm
Newly Registered

Biometric Residence Card.

Post by Ofm » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:37 pm

I received my Settled Status today via email from Home Office. I held Pre Settled Status before & I had Residence Card, which expired few days ago.

I just want to confirm if anyone knows that I would be getting new biometric card or I had to apply again after I have received Settled Status today and my previous Residence Card had already been expired few days ago.

Thank you very much for your help and guidance.

kamoe

Re: Biometric Residence Card.

Post by kamoe » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:51 pm

Ofm wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:37 pm
I just want to confirm if anyone knows that I would be getting new biometric card or I had to apply again after I have received Settled Status today and my previous Residence Card had already been expired few days ago.
You won't get a new card by default. If you want a new card, you need to apply for it here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Ofm
Newly Registered

Post by Ofm » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:49 pm

Thank you very much for your response. I would surely be applying later today. Do you have any idea how long it could take because I was hoping that my residence card with settled status would be coming within a week once I was issued Settled Status.

Thanks for your help.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:06 pm

Ofm wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:49 pm
I would surely be applying later today. Do you have any idea how long it could take
You can follow (and post) timelines here.
because I was hoping that my residence card with settled status would be coming within a week once I was issued Settled Status.
The Home Office advises that if you did not already have a biometric residence card when you applied (e.g. if this was your first application for EU status, which usually means you had to give biometrics to get your status) then you will be issued a new card within 10 days (because issuing a card is included in the package).

But if you did already have a biometric card when you applied (e.g. if this is NOT your first application and you applied using the app with your existing card instead of giving biometrics) then you won't get a card at all and you need to apply for it separately from scratch (since a new card is NOT part of the package).

So 10 days is only a reasonable expectation if your status process already triggered the issuing of a card when you applied, but that is NOT your case.

Mine took 5 months. I think I was particularly unlucky, and I think at the time they were giving priority to people whose cards were expiring soon/had recently expired, so it might be different for you; but it can take that long.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Ofm
Newly Registered

Post by Ofm » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:17 pm

Once again, thank you very much for your time and detailed reply. I really appreciate. I have already applied for biometric card an hour ago and I now have to wait for their response for further instructions. This is what that email says, “ UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) is currently assessing whether your application can be progressed via the Identity Verification app (IDV app).

UKVI aim to carry out this checking process within 7-10 working days from registration with UKVCAS/UKVI. You can not book an appointment at a UKVCAS Service Point or use the IDV app until we contact you again.

Now it’s only waiting times. But thank you very much because you saved my time otherwise, I would have been waiting for at least 10 days for new biometric card.

Ofm
Newly Registered

Post by Ofm » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:58 pm

kamoe wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:06 pm
Ofm wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:49 pm
I would surely be applying later today. Do you have any idea how long it could take
You can follow (and post) timelines here.
because I was hoping that my residence card with settled status would be coming within a week once I was issued Settled Status.
The Home Office advises that if you did not already have a biometric residence card when you applied (e.g. if this was your first application for EU status, which usually means you had to give biometrics to get your status) then you will be issued a new card within 10 days (because issuing a card is included in the package).

But if you did already have a biometric card when you applied (e.g. if this is NOT your first application and you applied using the app with your existing card instead of giving biometrics) then you won't get a card at all and you need to apply for it separately from scratch (since a new card is NOT part of the package).

So 10 days is only a reasonable expectation if your status process already triggered the issuing of a card when you applied, but that is NOT your case.

Mine took 5 months. I think I was particularly unlucky, and I think at the time they were giving priority to people whose cards were expiring soon/had recently expired, so it might be different for you; but it can take that long.

Hi Kamoe,

Can you please answer the following, I would be very thankful of you. Thanks

I have an appointment for the replacement of my BRP for settled status. They asked me to come instead of uploading required information through IDV Aap. Can someone please confirm if I need to upload anything else apart from the following:

1- Proof of residence (Can be driving licence or any recent utility bill or bank statement)
2- Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on me for joint accounts.
3- Current Biometric Residence Card, which is already expired.
4- Consent form for the Home Office to undertake checks on me.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:49 pm

I had the same questions when I did mine, and here's the answer I came up with at the time: eea-route-applications/change-brc-issue ... l#p2004635

Ofm
Newly Registered

Post by Ofm » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:35 am

Thanks, I have actually submitted exactly same. My appointment was yesterday morning.