ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All EC applicants from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

farah

Post by farah » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:16 pm

FOR briltek

Keep us updated on your EC application.Here is another example.

A friend of mine has applied for entry clearance on 16 Oct 2008 at Lahore with HSMP approval letter expiring on 27th October. Still there is no progress . No call to employer or banker. Would keep updated

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:39 am

Dear farah,

Can you please provide a list of documents which your friend submitted along with his/her application?

Did he/she provide ITR with his/her application of EC?

farah wrote:FOR briltek

Keep us updated on your EC application.Here is another example.

A friend of mine has applied for entry clearance on 16 Oct 2008 at Lahore with HSMP approval letter expiring on 27th October. Still there is no progress . No call to employer or banker. Would keep updated

farah

Post by farah » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:08 am

All the documents earlier submitted to Home Office for initial HSMP approval plus approval letter and current bank statement. Earlier documents included ITR of tax year 2007.

Bukhari

Post by Bukhari » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi,

If someone has following information , please share
Is BHC reopen in Isd and taking applications?
What the procedure to book appointment?

Thanks

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:37 pm

I don't think that isd vac has opened. You should keep checking gerry's website at www.ukvacpk.com for updated info
Regards,
KM

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:50 am

hi All

@Ali shah
I'm in UK now a days, i came here on 4th of august and doing a job in London.

Now my waife and daughter are going to apply for visas. i have to ask others, do you ppl now how much time it takes for dependants visa ?
Salman Ghani

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:09 pm

Dear farah,

What about the latest pay slips and TB test?

Did your friend submitted these two things?
farah wrote:All the documents earlier submitted to Home Office for initial HSMP approval plus approval letter and current bank statement. Earlier documents included ITR of tax year 2007.

Alishah

Post by Alishah » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:41 pm

Hello Salman Ghani.
Nice to hear from you, I wonder where all has gone? I got e-mail from Bhatti and now you sent reply.

Well good luck in your UK move and for family visa. I am employed and in Doncaster.

I wish every one would be fine, I mean the all we were connected when in process.

What about to re unite at some sort of forum or group at yahoo etc to share sucess stories and just to chill out or an e-mail exchange etc.

Do reply about your views about what I said.

Bye
Ali
Knowledge speaks and wisdom listen

web2005

Post by web2005 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:54 am

Hi, I am in UK on HSMP since July 2005. Recently married and applied for my wife's dependent visa 2 months ago but got rejected. Appeal is in process. I am thinking to apply fresh.

Need to know if I have to show maintenance funds/bank statements even if I am in UK under old HSMP rules?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:01 pm

@alishah i like the idea, you tell me how to proceed on this plan.
Or if you nave anythingh specific in ur mind.

@web2005 why the visa has been rejected. u don't need to show maintanace funds but you must show ur salary slips and bank statement. I'm also going to apply for my wife and daughter.

Kindly tell your wife's visa rejection, i have just made a case.
I might suggest something.
Salman Ghani

web2005

Post by web2005 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:57 pm

salmanghani wrote:@alishah i like the idea, you tell me how to proceed on this plan.
Or if you nave anythingh specific in ur mind.

@web2005 why the visa has been rejected. u don't need to show maintanace funds but you must show ur salary slips and bank statement. I'm also going to apply for my wife and daughter.

Kindly tell your wife's visa rejection, i have just made a case.
I might suggest something.
Her visa got rejected for three reasons:

1 - We didn't attach wedding photographs with application. Only attached the english translation of marriage certificate attested by ministry of foreign affairs. ECO's reasoning was that it is very common in Pakistan to obtain fake marriage certificates. He was not convinced that I was present in Pakistan for the wedding.

2 - I am home owner in UK but in joint names with my sister who is also married and living at different address. Property deeds paper I submitted had her name. I didn't clarify that who she is and why her name is on the property papers.

3 - I submitted property deeds papers but didn't mention number of rooms avaiable for us. ECO was not satisfied that my wife will have secure accomodation for herself upon arrival in UK.

Instead of asking us to come for interview and clarify these points, he just rejected application. We have submitted the appeal 2 weeks ago but no reply from them. Thinking to make fresh application if don't hear from them in next 3 weeks.

salmanghani

Post by salmanghani » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:48 pm

now they don't call for interview, and make decisions straight away.

if u carefully go through these forum before, u must have scecne that marriage photographs are required at the time of family visa. and yes accomodation is also an important issue and it has to be clear. Because these days they just need a reason to reject the visa.

i must ask u to show ur bank statement and salary slip and ur income proof. And clear the story of accomodation

and one more thing don't wait for appeal, apply a new application as appeal can take more then 6 months. as i have scene a few cases for an year as well, U must get visa for ur wife. just make a proper case.
Salman Ghani

web2005

Post by web2005 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:52 am

salmanghani wrote:now they don't call for interview, and make decisions straight away.

if u carefully go through these forum before, u must have scecne that marriage photographs are required at the time of family visa. and yes accomodation is also an important issue and it has to be clear. Because these days they just need a reason to reject the visa.

i must ask u to show ur bank statement and salary slip and ur income proof. And clear the story of accomodation

and one more thing don't wait for appeal, apply a new application as appeal can take more then 6 months. as i have scene a few cases for an year as well, U must get visa for ur wife. just make a proper case.
Sent you a pm. Please check. Thanks.

farah

Post by farah » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:49 am

Any one who has applied for EC with HSMP approval letter in Oct.2008 after reopening of BHC visa service may give his/her update of any progress thereof.

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:07 pm

farah wrote:Any one who has applied for EC with HSMP approval letter in Oct.2008 after reopening of BHC visa service may give his/her update of any progress thereof.
i have applied with hsmp approval letter along with my wife and kid on 22nd october. No results as of now. Have heard that its taking at least 1 month these days.
Regards,
KM

farah

Post by farah » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:50 am

Now we have three instances of October application;
- 13 October - briltek from Lahore
-16 October - my friend from Lahore
-22 October- kmunir
First feedback of processing would be from briltek.
It was expected that due to earlier closure of BHC for 3 weeks processing of application would be faster due to clearance of backlog. But it is not the case.There should have been more instances and updates.

hoping_for_HSMP

Post by hoping_for_HSMP » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:25 am

@farah... i applied from Lahore VAC for my visa with HSMP letter on 13th oct... i got my passoprt back on 30th oct...

@all... please join a better board with guaranteed more information...

www.spammer.com/discussion-foru ... /last-page

A

loodk

Post by loodk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:28 pm

Hello,
I have HSMP letter, how many points i need to mention in English language requirement of pbsappendix1 documnt?
As in HSMP there was no score only qualification criteria ws mentioned....
i attached english language certificate from my institute
Is IELTS / TOEFL essential now?
What about TB screening certificate? from where to get it?
Regards,

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:11 pm

hoping_for_HSMP wrote:@farah... i applied from Lahore VAC for my visa with HSMP letter on 13th oct... i got my passoprt back on 30th oct...

@all... please join a better board with guaranteed more information...

www.spammer.com/discussion-foru ... /last-page

A
Hi.

What was the result of your application? Secondly, how did you collect your passport? Did VAC(gerrys) call you when your applicatoin had been processed or did you check the status yourself and went straight to the VAC without making an appointment?
Regards,
KM

majic

Post by majic » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi All,

Just an update. I am an HSMP visa holder living and working in the UK for last 4 months. My Dependents wife & child applied for HSMP dependent visa on 16th Oct 2008. They got their passports back with Dependent Visa on Monday 10th No 2008.

Documents that I had attached are as follows:

a) All documents that I had attached with my EC visa Application.
b) Marriage Certificate Original & Noterized Translation
c) Son's Form-B Original & English Translation
d) Rental Agreement of the flat that I live in
e) Council Tax Letter (With My Name add Address on it)
g) BT Land Line Phone Bill (With My Name add Address on it)
h) EDF energy Bill (With My Name add Address on it)
i) Savings Account Statement 3 Months (With My Name add Address on it)
j) Salary / Current Account Statement 3 Months (With My Name add Address on it)
k) Letter from my Employer
l) One month Salary Slip
m) Job Offer Letter

I also wrote a Personal letter with all the details.

Regards

ahundal
Newly Registered

Post by ahundal » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:04 am

Dear All,
Greetings
I am planning to apply for EC ASAP. My situation is as follows and would like to request for guidance:

1- I have an HSMP approval letter dated 2nd Oct 2008 - hence I can apply for EC within the next 6 months.

2- I have an employment offer letter from the UK

3- I got married while my HSMP application was being processed and hence for EC,

Questions:

1- Which form to fill VAF2 or VAF 9 ( now that I have an employment letter)?

2-I would prefer to apply for my wife's EC along with mine - however the HSMP approval is only for me. How does the process work? Should I apply for her EC alongwith mine as well? OR should I get EC for myself first and then once I have the visa, then apply for my wifes visa?

Would sincerely appreciate your guidance.
Thanks and regards
Ahsan

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:49 am

i have noticed that most of users on this thread are on hsmp and there is hardly any one tier-1. why is this so?

A few on tier-1 would give some courage to me :)

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Dependant Visa Query (Tier 1 General)

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:59 am

Hi All, hope everyone is fine and doing gr8.

@salmanghani: I am in the similar situation, my wife is leaving on this sunday and she is going to apply on 19/11/2008 with my daughter. I need to discuss few things, can i email you ?...My biggest concern is my wife is here with me on student visa as i was on student visa as well then after having my degree i extended my FLR to IGS and then later i switched to Tier 1 General Migrant which is approved last month on 28. Now I am thinking if my wife is going to apply for dependant visa from Pakistan, do we need to produce/show college letters as her visa is still valid till next year october?
Please if you can or anyone on this forum can guide me through?

@theimmigrant: I am a Tier 1 (General) Migrant for your information.

Wish everyone all the best, Fee Aman ALLAH :)
AZ

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:21 pm

@Sep08T1Applicant: its nice to meet u :)
where r u applying from? Are u already on hsmp? or a cleansheet?

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:34 pm

Hi all. Today i got my and my family's passport back. My entry clearance has been refused. Let me elaborate my case a little. I had kept the required amount of funds in my bank accounts for 3 months prior to my ec application. On 1st september, my bank (ubl) on its own seeing my large balance wanting to save me from zakat deduction, temporarily shifted my entire balance in my savings account leaving my balance to 2000 only. After 2 days they shifted back the entire balance back into my account. Knowing that this transaction would hurt my bank statement in the visa application, i got a letter from my bank stating that this transaction was carried out by bank itself without my consent also stating the actual minimum balance maintained in my account during the last 3 months. Now the entry clearance officer stating the same thing that on 1st sep, your balance fell below the required minimum level and thus refused my entry clearance. I think that he has neglected the letter from bank and only considered the bank statement. What do you people think what chance do i have in admin review if i explain this to the reviewer? Will appreciate am early response.
Regards,
KM