ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Pre Settlement Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jey123
Newly Registered
Czech Republic

EU Pre Settlement Application

Post by Jey123 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:42 am

Hello everyone,
I am from Slovakia and I came to the UK on October 2020 and left December 2020 and came back to the UK March 2021.
I submitted an EU Settlement Scheme applocation on 20th of June 2021.
Two months after the Home Office called me to emailed them my bank statements so I did.
I received another call asking for more bank statements. As I was abroad that time I had to wait until I come back to the UK.
On August 2021 Home Office REFUSED my application.
I belive the decision is wrong so I applied for Standard Administrative Review on September 2021 and received an acknowledgement email with a reference number on November 2021 and another saying there is a delay in application dated on December 2021.
I did not get any updates since then as I travelled many times across the board and every time I have been stopped at the UK borders and being asked to wait and kept deleyd me every single time.
So can anyone please direct me what shall I do to get my Settled status from Home Office?
Thank you in advance for your tiume and your help <3 :)

kamoe

Re: EU Pre Settlement Application

Post by kamoe » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:00 pm

Jey123 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:42 am
On August 2021 Home Office REFUSED my application.
Can you please share the exact letter you received with the reasons for refusal?
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

tree12345
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Re: EU Pre Settlement Application

Post by tree12345 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:54 pm

Did you show them any other evidence in your application?
Did they explain why you must show your bank statement?
Did they explain why your bank statement is not sufficient to prove your residence?
As you only applied for pre-settled status and you applied before the deadline, I understand 1 single piece of evidence should have proved your eligibility to PSS... All you need to prove is you were resident in UK before 31/12/2020 and another residence proof between January and June 2021 to show your continuous residence was not broken. The gap between the 2 evidence shouldn't exceed 6 months
If you do not have any other proof and can only rely on bank transactions, perhaps you can ask your bank to write a statement for you, confirming some transactions happened in UK such as restaurants located in UK.