ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Laois Immigration Office Closed

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ch123

Laois Immigration Office Closed

Post by ch123 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:13 pm

Hi, the immigration office in Laois/Portlaoise is closed for a while now. Does anyone have an update on when the officer is going to be back? I have to travel to my home country for an emergency and can’t seem to get through to the immigration officer in Laois as my permission is expiring soon and I don’t want to travel with a short dated IRP that will expire when I’ll be outside the State.

Is there a way to get a re-entry visa? How are people going about it in Laois?

Urgently require everyone’s input. Thanks.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Laois Immigration Office Closed

Post by GoWentGone123 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:35 pm

Easy solution. I went through this so first hand experience. Get a letter from Gardai station that Immigration officer is away (From where the Immigration officer is based)
Book an appointment with Dublin office and show the letter to them as reason of booking it in Dublin OR apply online for IRP renewal and upload the letter from Gardai station. It will work.

GoWentGone123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by GoWentGone123 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:36 pm

Also you won't need re-entry visa with IRP

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:39 pm

In regards to re-entry visa - would have to go to Dublin for that as well, see here - ireland/travel-under-emergency-circumst ... l#p2068648
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

ch123

Post by ch123 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:53 pm

Thank you so much for your replies guys. Highly appreciated.

Joel Elly
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Joel Elly » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:15 pm

What about who needs to register 1st time in Laois. It's closed from more than a month. Multiple emails sent, tried many calls. No one knows when it will open again. It's so frustrating. Any help?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:25 pm

Joel Elly wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:15 pm
What about who needs to register 1st time in Laois. It's closed from more than a month. Multiple emails sent, tried many calls. No one knows when it will open again. It's so frustrating. Any help?
maybe try to contact your local TD, if you can't get a reply from ISD?
send an email to immigrationsupport@justice.ie
send a postal letter to the relevant department so they can give a permission letter at least, if you don't have one
also give Burgh Quay a shot, call them up, explain what happened; no idea if they will/can, but they might give you an appointmwnt (youd have to go to Dublin for that though)
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.