ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Life in uk fail

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jrbob
Newly Registered
Jamaica

ILR Life in uk fail

Post by Jrbob » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:39 am

Hello all. I am currently on a uk spouse visa 5 year route. However I am due to apply for ILR but can not seem to pass the life in the uk exam.
I call immigration to find out my options and was told to talk to a lawyer (not in a rude way he genuinely didn't know).
Hopefully someone here can help as I did call a lawyer who advised.
I can now apply for ILR after being in the UK for 10 years instead of trying for some type of extension.
Can anyone advise me of my options thank you in advance.

quoala
Mood:

Re: ILR Life in uk fail

Post by quoala » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:14 am

You need to prove by a medical practitioner that you're not able to take the exam, here's the form that needs to be filled in by them to include in your application.

How did you study it? There's a very resourceful website, lifeintheuktestweb look for the 'exams' section that makes it a lot easier to pass than reading the book etc.

Jrbob
Newly Registered
Jamaica

Post by Jrbob » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:22 am

Thank you for the sight. Also will not be applicable for medical exemption

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:23 am

If you fail the test you cannot get ILR. Lawyers cannot offer you a magical solution. Only in certain circumstances, you do not need to take that test:
You do not need to take the test if you:

• are under 18
• are 65 or over
• have passed it before - for example, if you’re applying to become a citizen and already passed it as part of your settlement application
• have a long-term physical or mental condition - you must provide either a form or letter from a doctor confirming your physical or mental condition
https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:51 pm

Jrbob wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:39 am
Hello all. I am currently on a uk spouse visa 5 year route. However I am due to apply for ILR but can not seem to pass the life in the uk exam.
I call immigration to find out my options and was told to talk to a lawyer (not in a rude way he genuinely didn't know).
I can now apply for ILR after being in the UK for 10 years instead of trying for some type of extension.
You can search on Google for "life in the UK test web", go through the practice tests to better your chances of passing.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:13 pm

If you fail, then extend on same route or extend under Long residence route.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kamsi
Mood:

Post by kamsi » Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:31 pm

There’s Life in the UK app you can download on your phone to practice with. Keep practicing and also the app will tell you which areas you are not doing well on and you can concentrate on those areas. Once you are more confident you can retake the exam. Passing it would save you money rather than paying a hefty immigration application fee.

UKUOP
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by UKUOP » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:05 pm

I had prepared some notes for my exam, happy to share them

Please note that its no guarantee you will succeed with these notes. But it may help with your preparation

Trying to pay it forward, no other agenda.

Not sure how to share a PDF file. I can forward it to one of the moderators who may be able to pass it on to you.

Good luck

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:41 pm

Jrbob wrote:
Forget everything else and do these 16 exams throughly to the point you can get minimum 23/24 on these practice exams. You will pass the test. All questions will be from here. Tried and tested. Do the “exams” not the “tests.”

https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/exams/

Good luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:38 am

Practice, practice, practice!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:14 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:41 pm
Jrbob wrote:
Forget everything else and do these 16 exams throughly to the point you can get minimum 23/24 on these practice exams. You will pass the test. All questions will be from here. Tried and tested. Do the “exams” not the “tests.”

https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/exams/

Good luck.
Very correct, the exams not test.