ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation After 3 years?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

daved115
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalisation After 3 years?

Post by daved115 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:52 am

Hi All, just wondering if it's possible for someone to apply for naturalisation after 3 years of living in Ireland? My partner's renewal is coming up next January, we have travel plans and have lived here in Ireland the whole time since her getting her first stamp in 2020. ..or if it's another 3 year stamp, is there flexibility to do some travelling in the next 3 year time period? Thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation After 3 years?

Post by meself2 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:58 pm

are you married to them? are you an Irish citizen?
Irish spouses can apply for naturalization after 3 years, but it's a lengthy process (~2 years from applying to certificate).
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

truevelvet
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by truevelvet » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:08 pm

You will have to get a stamp regardless. The naturalization process doesn't entitle you to residency until it goes through.

daved115
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by daved115 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:27 pm

Thanks for replies, yes I am an Irish citizen..ok so 2 years process and another residency stamp so..I had read she’ll have to be in the country 12 months ahead of the naturalisation..might that mean we could spend 1 of the 2 years out of the country travelling..?

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jesonnn » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:14 pm

daved115 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:27 pm
Thanks for replies, yes I am an Irish citizen..ok so 2 years process and another residency stamp so..I had read she’ll have to be in the country 12 months ahead of the naturalisation..might that mean we could spend 1 of the 2 years out of the country travelling..?
You have to be in a country 365 days prior to the application date, otherwise need to wait having those days to apply, otherwise the application is eligible to be rejected, however you can travel no more than 6 weeks in each year counting for residency , otherwise those days might not be counted