ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JohnFBR
Mood:

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by JohnFBR » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:30 pm

Celtic_Bee wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:07 pm
Celtic_Bee wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:13 pm
Date of Application: 02/17/2020
Date of Address Confirmation: 07/11/2022
Date of Congratulations: 07/25/2022
FBR Certification Received: pending
I’m 2 days after this with no news 14 days later.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:04 pm

JohnFBR wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:30 pm
Celtic_Bee wrote:
Celtic_Bee wrote:
I’m 2 days after this with no news 14 days later.
You've got to be next in the queue. I also think tha July and August vacations maybe be slowing things up a bit, I know a lot of europeans take vacation at this time of year. I can personally attest there are a lot of them in Rome at the moment! I'm sure you're going to hear very soon.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:09 pm

Celtic_Bee wrote:
Celtic_Bee wrote:
Curious, has your cert been posted yet?
I got my address confirmation on July 8, sent evidence for change of address, and on July 12 received email from an employee that I was approved. I did not however receive an official congratulations email as of yet. Was that a stock/template email?

Celtic_Bee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Celtic_Bee » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:15 pm

Yes it seems to be a stock email. Please see below.
Congratulations, your application for Irish citizenship through entry on the Foreign Births Register has been successful.
A certificate has now been printed and posted to the address provided by you. Please note that your application will be sent via Registered post and someone will need to be available to sign for the envelope.
If you live in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Great Britain, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, Passport Online is the fastest and cheapest way for you to get your first Irish passport. See https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/ for more information.

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:31 am

Hi All,

I have to apply for my newborn child.

1. What is the procedure now?

2. Do I need to physically submit original / photocopy documents?

3. I am based in Qatar. Where I need to send my documents (the nearest Irish embassy is in UAE)

Do they give any priority to minor applicants?

Thanks

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:05 am

Celtic_Bee wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:15 pm
Congratulations, your application for Irish citizenship through entry on the Foreign Births Register has been successful.
A certificate has now been printed and posted to the address provided by you. Please note that your application will be sent via Registered post and someone will need to be available to sign for the envelope.
If you live in Ireland, Northern Ireland, Great Britain, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, Passport Online is the fastest and cheapest way for you to get your first Irish passport. See https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/ for more information.
Yup, I got my congratulations email this morning and my cert is in the mail!

Date of Application (Documents received): 02/14/2020
Date of Address Confirmation: 07/08/2022
Date of Congratulations: 07/26/2022

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:11 am

ferocious12 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:31 am
Hi All,

I have to apply for my newborn child.

1. What is the procedure now?

2. Do I need to physically submit original / photocopy documents?

3. I am based in Qatar. Where I need to send my documents (the nearest Irish embassy is in UAE)

Do they give any priority to minor applicants?

Thanks
HI,

Are you applying through an Irish born grandparent?

As for the process, it sounds like you need the basic information here, which is found the the dfa.ie website.

Start here: https://www.dfa.ie/citizenship/

1) Procedure is the same as it was, apply online and then send the required documents to Ireland.
2) You need to submit original documents or official copies (i.e. from the govt agency)
3) Embassies no longer process FBR applications. It is all done in Dublin.

There is no priority to minor applicants unless they are born stateless (with no citizenship)
The only other priority is for expectant parents who are applying for themselves so that their children can also apply to the FBR.

ferocious12

Post by ferocious12 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:49 am

Thanks. I am naturalised Irish citizen.

From when they start counting the time receipt of online application or receipt of documents?

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:38 pm

ferocious12 wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:49 am
Thanks. I am naturalised Irish citizen.

From when they start counting the time receipt of online application or receipt of documents?
They start at receipt of documents.

JohnFBR
Mood:

Post by JohnFBR » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:18 pm

Close to month 30!!! 😭

The last week has been really tough. I think it’s because it could be so close. No news yet though.

Stay strong Feb2020 crew! 👊

spencer0523
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by spencer0523 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:52 am

Im just thinking here.. Do we think there will be less applications to go through during the initial few months of covid? I can imagine, perhaps as this was my line of thinking at the time, that many people didn't submit during the first 3-6 months since the website clearly stated not to send anything.. I noticed a similar discrepancy in the google doc.

I wonder if post Feb/Mar crew will have speedier processing?

Lets hope so!

duffy1867

Post by duffy1867 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:12 am

JohnFBR wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:18 pm
Close to month 30!!! 😭

The last week has been really tough. I think it’s because it could be so close. No news yet though.

Do you have any feeling that your application might be more complicated than normal?

I ask because there was someone on here a few weeks back who was similarly delayed, and when I asked if his case was complicated, there was an adoption and missing paperwork in the line...

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:49 am

spencer0523 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:52 am
Im just thinking here.. Do we think there will be less applications to go through during the initial few months of covid? I can imagine, perhaps as this was my line of thinking at the time, that many people didn't submit during the first 3-6 months since the website clearly stated not to send anything.. I noticed a similar discrepancy in the google doc.

I wonder if post Feb/Mar crew will have speedier processing?

Lets hope so!
Very interesting point. I believe the first lockdown was late March. Personally, I think the Dec/Jan/Feb was probably the peak of Brexit related applications. Good luck! Hope it speeds up for you all still waiting.

Celtic_Bee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Celtic_Bee » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:23 am

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:05 am
Celtic_Bee wrote:

Congratulations!! Now the waiting begins again. I applied online for my passport last night so when the cert arrives it's going right back along with my birth certificate and US passport.

Celtic_Bee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by Celtic_Bee » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:32 am

JohnFBR wrote:
Close to month 30!!! 😭

Don't give up JohnFBR!! My application was not straightforward. I had been adopted in a closed adoption and the state would only issue a copy of my original birth certificate. I had to include both birth certificates and a letter from the state explaining the circumstances. Also a name change. I worried it would be an issue but it all went through.

DSMcGuire
Newly Registered

Post by DSMcGuire » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:34 am

Hi all, I've been following this thread for over two years and I can finally contribute!

Date of Application: 12/03/2020
Date of Address Confirmation: 26/07/2022
Date of Congratulations: pending

Bun_123
Newly Registered

Post by Bun_123 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:27 am

DSMcGuire wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:34 am
Hi all, I've been following this thread for over two years and I can finally contribute!

DSMcGuire congrats! To double check, was your application received 12th March?

Bun_123
Newly Registered

Post by Bun_123 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:28 am

brainiacghost wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:18 pm
Bun_123 wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:41 pm
Hi all, forum lurker here!

My documents were received in July 2020. I wanted to ask for those who've received certificates in the UK, are they sent by royal mail? I am renting my home out this year and have a redirect in place but if Royal Mail is not the carrier then thinking I would need to provide my current abode. Thanks!
They're sent via AnPost international, which uses Royal Mail when in the UK.

Either way, you'll be contacted prior to the certificates being issued asking for your current address (and for you to provide proof if it's changed).
Many thanks brainiacghost

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:07 pm

DSMcGuire wrote:

Congratulations Wow! a mid March application! Very surprising! I guess at least one of the teams has moved into March?

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:13 pm

Celtic_Bee wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:23 am
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:05 am
Celtic_Bee wrote:

Congratulations!! Now the waiting begins again. I applied online for my passport last night so when the cert arrives it's going right back along with my birth certificate and US passport.
hmmm, Does anyone know if they return the documents with the certificate, or if it is a separate package?

I don't believe I have 2 copies of my birth certificate at the moment so I'm wondering if I should order a second copy or wait for my documents to be returned. I'm also in Italy at the moment until Early August, so I'll have to wait til I'm back in the states to get everything witnessed.

Certainly a great idea to submit the application, and get everything witnessed etc while you wait for the cert.

DSMcGuire
Newly Registered

Post by DSMcGuire » Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:28 pm

Bun_123 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:27 am
DSMcGuire wrote:

DSMcGuire congrats! To double check, was your application received 12th March?
Yes I can confirm that my applciation was received on the 12/03/2020. That was the last email I had regarding my application since receiving my date of address confirmation yesterday.

duffy1867

Post by duffy1867 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:03 pm

I’m so excited to share that I’ve been approved for entry onto the FBR!

It’s been a long wait, I originally bookmarked this forum on page 86! It’s the longest I have ever waited for an email, at 2 years 5 months and 1 days (or 29m 1d) - in the end, checking this forum and waiting became something of a strange hobby. Genuine thanks to you all for keeping me sane and sharing the journey.
Full dates

Application sent: 21.2.20
Documents received: 25.2.2020
Address confirmation: 25.7.2022
Added to FBR: 26.7.2022
Certificate printed: XXX - probably by the 7th September?
(However I note that recent printing seems to have taken 2.5 weeks roughly)
I received a phone call and email to confirm - the final email contained a tracking number that will become active once the documents have been sent and I have been promised another email to confirm this.

They mentioned a 4-6 week delay for printing FBR certificates.

I have some general advice for new applicants - apologies if this is really obvious to anyone, but this would have helped me to apply and to put my mind at rest during the waiting time.
Gather all the document before completing the application form (don't bother asking family for them as it'll take longer than just ordering them) - the postal address becomes clear once the form is complete (it’s the same address for most countries).

Complete the application form fully yourself and then ask someone to check it all - print the criteria and ask them to confirm that you have included everything - don’t go through it with them, let them do it alone, see if it’s all included and clear.

Use your personal email address, not a work one! Same for phone number.

Send all the documents, even if you aren’t sure its needed - i.e. marriage certificate (even if its complicated and you’ve been divorced and re-married etc), at worst they will ignore it, at best they won’t need to ask you for it (explain in a cover letter).

Put your application documents into plastic wallets - put a sticker on the plastic wallet explaining what each document is, i.e. applicant birth certificate (doc 1 of XX), applicant marriage certificate (doc 2 of XX), parent birth certificate (doc XX of XX), grandparent birth certificate (doc XX of XX).

Send a cover letter with your phone number and an overview of all the documents and what they are - I.e. put their list of required docs on a piece of paper and link this to your numbering system. i.e. a Cover Letter saying Applicants Birth Certificate, document 1 (first plastic wallet), passport copy document 2.

Photocopy your entire application once you’ve sent it - I’ve checked mine more than once over the last two years, to check it was 100% correct.

Make sure you use the same witness for everything - stamp not needed but a business card is accepted no problem. I asked them to use the words - certified to be a true copy of the original seen by me; followed by name, job, date and signature for all documents.

Photos: I had no problems with photos, and spent extra to go to a professional photo place who has the Irish passport requirements in their system (Max Spielmann in the UK).

UK applicants - as soon as you are approved for FBR entry - ask the NHS for a postal ‘reminder’ of your NHS number - you’ll need this as a government letter for proof of address or name - you’ll also need another original letter, ideally from the tax office or similar - I’m open to suggestions as to how I might get this! (Link: https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online- ... hs-number/)

Keep an eye on Kildare Street by searching for ‘FBR’ - its the best source for real time updates about processing times, direct from Simon Coveney.

Don’t send a petition to the Queen of England…. little joke for those of you who have been on the forum as long as me :D

Finally… forget all about your application once you have sent it - if you succeed in doing this, let me know how
Perhaps others can add to this list to include all the things I have forgotten?

Seanpd
Newly Registered

Post by Seanpd » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:58 pm

Update information/

Date of Application: 7th February 2020
Date Documents received: 17th February 2020
Date of Address Confirmation: 17th July 2022
Date of Congratulations: 27th July 2022

This forum has been brilliant-thank you all!
[/quote]

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:05 pm

Seanpd wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:58 pm
Update information/

Date of Application: 7th February 2020
Date Documents received: 17th February 2020
Date of Address Confirmation: 17th July 2022
Date of Congratulations: 27th July 2022

This forum has been brilliant-thank you all!
[/quote]

Congrats Sean!

JohnFBR
Mood:

Post by JohnFBR » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:09 pm

Celtic_Bee wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:32 am
JohnFBR wrote:
Close to month 30!!! 😭

Don't give up JohnFBR!! My application was not straightforward. I had been adopted in a closed adoption and the state would only issue a copy of my original birth certificate. I had to include both birth certificates and a letter from the state explaining the circumstances. Also a name change. I worried it would be an issue but it all went through.
Thank you. My surname has 1 letter different to my Grandad ( long story ) which in Irish law is classed as a new name ( think O’Challaghan / Callaghan ) but with my name my fathers name and GD all being so close ( and all of the relevant paperwork ofc ) I didn’t think it would impact times too much.

Great to see March begin to start. 👌