ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension and Universal Credit Urgent Help Required

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

miiiirza1

Spouse Visa Extension and Universal Credit Urgent Help Required

Post by miiiirza1 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:09 am

Hi there every one,

I am due for my wife’s extension next week. We both work to meet financial requirements. She works full time but her wage is different every month and I work part time since last week of December 21.
Question I have is, I was claiming UC for myself and elder child who is also British Citizen for a full year of 2021. From January 22 to now every week my wage is paid into my bank.

“From January 21 to last week of December 21 due to Covid related issues I had to apply UC in my own right and elder child who is British citizen, which was stopped in last week of December 2021 but since payments arrives next month hence it appeared in bank statement in January 22.
I started working again in last week of December 2021. Child benefit I get is only elder eligible child, which come in my bank (the sponsor).
I have noticed on 31st may payment of 46.29 appeared in my account from UC, which is due to the fact my payroll office did not upload payroll information to HMRC on time which resulted as above, since UC automated system takes the information from HMRC. But I was paid as normal from my employer in my bank only HMRC got information a week later or so. This get deducted automatically later on when they get payroll information.”

Above paragraph I was thinking to put in cover letter. Should I?
Also in June 22, there is DWP UC amount 326 appeared in my bank for no reason. I do not think they should have paid it might be they are giving to everyone.
Shall I do declare all this? I mean in may22 amount of 46.29 is even not my fault and I don’t have clue of 326.00.

My question is, all this will result in refusal? In 2021 UC was wrong? As I check with couple of solicitors that in my own right I can take UC. There was no housing benefits or council tax reduction involved as I own my house. No money was given on my wife’s name.
I desperately need help.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Spouse Visa Extension and Universal Credit Urgent Help Required

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:32 am

My understanding is that any questions about your UC payments, you write in your journal and they reply in your journal?. You should be asking them. The beauty of UC is that it is all done online and in writing.

UC looks at HMRC's RTI system to check how much both you and your wife are paid during your monthly UC assessment period. It's corect that you can't take extra for your wife, but you link your partner to your claim so that her earnings, savings, capital etc is used in your monthly UC calculation.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:48 am

miiiirza1 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:09 am

Also in June 22, there is DWP UC amount 326 appeared in my bank for no reason. I do not think they should have paid it might be they are giving to everyone.
Shall I do declare all this? I mean in may22 amount of 46.29 is even not my fault and I don’t have clue of 326.00.

My question is, all this will result in refusal? In 2021 UC was wrong? As I check with couple of solicitors that in my own right I can take UC. There was no housing benefits or council tax reduction involved as I own my house. No money was given on my wife’s name.
I desperately need help.
That £326 could be your Cost Of Living payment: part of the £650 for those on UC on a certain date? If it is, that will not affect your wife's visa extension. What does the entry say on your bank statement?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cost-of-living-payment
I have no idea when these were/are being paid, but you could use a search engine to find out that.

The £150 cost of living payment given through the council, for those who have a low band council tax rateable value, won't affect her visa either. Nor will the £400 being paid to everyone in installments; via our electric providers; later in the year.

miiiirza1

Post by miiiirza1 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:03 pm

JB007 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:48 am
miiiirza1 wrote:

I desperately need help.
That £326 could be your Cost Of Living payment: part of the £650 for those on UC on a certain date? If it is, that will not affect your wife's visa extension. What does the entry say on your bank statement?
I have no idea when these were/are being paid, but you could use a search engine to find out that.

The £150 cost of living payment given through the council, for those who have a low band council tax rateable value, won't affect her visa either. Nor will the £400 being paid to everyone in installments; via our electric providers; later in the year.
Thank you very much, my question remains same, should I write about being on UC during 2021 in a cover letter or not? I mean during employment of six months UC payments appear as well. Would that cause a problem?

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:46 am

miiiirza1 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:03 pm
should I write about being on UC during 2021 in a cover letter or not? I mean during employment of six months UC payments appear as well. Would that cause a problem?
Would a mod please move this thread to the family board please for those on there to help; unless they can answer this question. Thanks

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:00 am

Is this confirmed cause my wife has no recourse to public funds.

She is on the electric bill so will get the 400 pounds discount.

We also claim Child and Working Tax credits jointly so will get the 650 pounds in the future.

Worried that this could affect her visa.

Can’t see any guidance regarding it.

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:01 am

JB007 wrote:
miiiirza1 wrote:

I desperately need help.

Is this confirmed? cause my wife has no recourse to public funds.

We also claim Child and Working Tax credits jointly so will get the 650 pounds in the future.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:27 am

alphagear wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:01 am
JB007 wrote:
miiiirza1 wrote:

I desperately need help.

miiiirza1 is on Universal Credit welfare benefit and the claim is in his sole name as his wife is NRPF: he cannot receive any extra UC money for his NRPF wife, but her name is linked to his UC claim because her earnings/captial etc will lower his UC monthly payment as they are partners. I can't see how his £625 will affect his wife and her NRPF? But I could be wrong.

Thinking about it, I could be wrong with the £150 for those on property Council Tax bands A - D and the £400. I will have a read.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:59 pm

JB007 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:27 am

miiiirza1 is on Universal Credit welfare benefit and the claim is in his sole name as his wife is NRPF: he cannot receive any extra UC money for his NRPF wife, but her name is linked to his UC claim because her earnings/captial etc will lower his UC monthly payment as they are partners. I can't see how his £625 will affect his wife and her NRPF? But I could be wrong.

Thinking about it, I could be wrong with the £150 for those on property Council Tax bands A - D and the £400. I will have a read.
This is why I think miiiirza1 might be ok for the £650 cost of livng payment on UC with a NRPF partner, but I am not an immigration advisor and people will need to work this out for themsleves or take advicde from an immigration advisor.
2. Claiming Universal Credit

If you are part of a couple you and your partner will need to make a joint claim for Universal Credit.

You begin by creating a Universal Credit online account each. The first person to create their account will be given a partner code, which will be displayed on screen.

This code will need to be input by your partner when they register for their Universal Credit online account. This ensures the accounts are joined together and you are correctly claiming as a couple.

Once you’ve created your account a claim can be made for Universal Credit. You’ll have 28 days from creating the account to make a claim. You should aim to complete the application as soon as possible to get your claim started.

If 28 days pass and a claim is not made you’ll need to register for an online account again.

If one of you isn’t eligible, their capital and income may still be taken into account.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... or-couples

I can't find anything about this on the Citizen Advice site.

The No Recousse to Public Funds network had this, but I don't know how official that wesite is-
https://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/informat ... e-sections

Those with NRPF might need to speak to an immigration advisor about what they can take.

miiiirza1

Post by miiiirza1 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:56 pm

JB007 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:27 am
alphagear wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:01 am
JB007 wrote:
miiiirza1 wrote:

I desperately need help.

Thank you for help and guidance from this group. I would like to update what is the outcome in my case.
As my initial query dated 31st July, I stated during 2021 I claimed UC which stopped in December21 but payment was made in Jan 2022. I also started working from last week of Dec21.
during last seven months from Jan to July I worked and my wife too, jointly we fulfilled financial requirements but during 6 months couple of UC payments and £326 help from govt plus some sort of £135 pounds appeared from UC for no reason as far as i know. In may £46.29 also came in to my bank account due to none submission of wage slip to HMRC, which is clearly a UC payment due to low income.
I also had council tax help of £150 given by council.
I also had signed SU07 from when i applied their first entry visa in 2019.
Having above confusion and problems I was concerned about my wife's and daughter's extension. I was also confused whether I should mention all this in a cover letter or not.
which I decided to declare.
Super priority service, Biometrics were on 7th Aug 2022 at 3pm and on 8th Aug2022 next day to my surprise FRL(M) for my wife and daughter got approved.
I hope it might be helpful for others. In my case result is positive.
Regards