ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife Overstayed as a Minor, Applying for Student Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shadow2505
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Wife Overstayed as a Minor, Applying for Student Visa

Post by Shadow2505 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:08 pm

Hey There,

My wife overstayed from when she was 13 to 18, when she left. It has been over 10yrs since she left.

I am wanting to come to the UK for my Masters Degree and we'd like to apply with her as a dependent. Are we likely to have trouble and what would you advice as the course of action here?

We are hoping that since she came in as a Minor, this will be considered the responsibility of her parents and not herself.

We have a young child <1YO FWIW.

Thanks a lot!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Wife Overstayed as a Minor, Applying for Student Visa

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:14 am

According to your previous posts, you have ILR and your American wife is already in the UK with you. Can you clarify how a Student dependant application fits in this scenario?

member/Shadow2505/posts/
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Shadow2505
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Shadow2505 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:33 pm

One of the posts is on behalf of a family member :)

Do you have any recommendations for the current situation or just curious about my history?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:09 pm

Shadow2505 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:33 pm
Do you have any recommendations for the current situation or just curious about my history?
Neither.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.