ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI CARD FOR TWO MONTH OLD BABY

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mallu_Desi

OCI CARD FOR TWO MONTH OLD BABY

Post by Mallu_Desi » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:34 am

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of applying OCI card for my two months old baby. I am a British citizen (through naturalisation) and my wife is still Indian. The child's OCI was applied through my wife's eligibility route. I have submitted the application online and I got an appointment for 05/08/2022. I would be grateful if someone can answer following questions:

1. Only I am (father) is attending the appointment. I am not taking either baby (applicant) or my wife. However, I have got a authorisation letter from wife. Is that okay?
2. I was informed that both parents have to sign the printed application form. I can only see the space for one. Can anyone please clarify that?
3. My friend told me we can give two pre-paid special delivery envelop instead of VFS courier. Is this correct? Can I buy this from any post office? Any tips or advice regarding this?

ramadnk
Newly Registered

Re: OCI CARD FOR TWO MONTH OLD BABY

Post by ramadnk » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:31 am

1. Only I am (father) is attending the appointment. I am not taking either baby (applicant) or my wife. However, I have got a authorisation letter from wife. Is that okay? - Yes you alone can go and submit it.
2. I was informed that both parents have to sign the printed application form. I can only see the space for one. Can anyone please clarify that? : find some empty space and both can sign
3. My friend told me we can give two pre-paid special delivery envelop instead of VFS courier. Is this correct? Can I buy this from any post office? Any tips or advice regarding this? : No not required, DX envelopes will be provide to you at the VFS office.

Answer based on my recent experience at Edinburg VFS