ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa refusal for non EA family member of Irish citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Debub
Newly Registered

Schengen visa refusal for non EA family member of Irish citizen

Post by Debub » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:43 pm

Hi - wondering if some of you have gone down this route and can share their knowledge / thoughts or their expert comments on this please:
(Case : Irish citizen applying for a Schengen (France) visa for non EU parent)
As far as I understand that immediate non EU family members (grandparents, parents, children, grandchildren) of an EU citizen and their spouse are granted an EU country visa as fast as possible, without the need for financial documents and free of charge e.g,. the UK EEA FP.
We applied for the Schengen visa from the French embassy and immediately got a visa rejected status.
The reason given was:
"The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable." - I did not understand what this means to be honest
We have previously (before BREXIT) applied the EEA FP from the UK embassy twice and were granted the visa without any documentation (apart frpm proving the relationship) or fees. The French schengen application did allow me to choose the correct category and showed the fees as Zero, but the visa request was rejecetd. We had sent in employment letters, pay slips, P60, address proof etc along with the application.

Thanks for your inputs

Edit - the non EA parent has previous travel history with 3 Irish visas and 2 UK EEA FP visas and also has a current 2 year multiple entry Irish visa granted 2 weeks ago

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: Schengen visa refusal for non EA family member of Irish citizen

Post by ALKB » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:23 am

Debub wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:43 pm
Hi - wondering if some of you have gone down this route and can share their knowledge / thoughts or their expert comments on this please:
(Case : Irish citizen applying for a Schengen (France) visa for non EU parent)
As far as I understand that immediate non EU family members (grandparents, parents, children, grandchildren) of an EU citizen and their spouse are granted an EU country visa as fast as possible, without the need for financial documents and free of charge e.g,. the UK EEA FP.
We applied for the Schengen visa from the French embassy and immediately got a visa rejected status.
The reason given was:
"The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable." - I did not understand what this means to be honest
We have previously (before BREXIT) applied the EEA FP from the UK embassy twice and were granted the visa without any documentation (apart frpm proving the relationship) or fees. The French schengen application did allow me to choose the correct category and showed the fees as Zero, but the visa request was rejecetd. We had sent in employment letters, pay slips, P60, address proof etc along with the application.

Thanks for your inputs

Edit - the non EA parent has previous travel history with 3 Irish visas and 2 UK EEA FP visas and also has a current 2 year multiple entry Irish visa granted 2 weeks ago
What did you state as the purpose of the visit?

Also, did you submit evidence that you will be travelling with them?
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Debub
Newly Registered

Re: Schengen visa refusal for non EA family member of Irish citizen

Post by Debub » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:37 am

Hi ALKB - we did mention that we will be going to France for a visit together when she is here in Ireland. We havent finalised any plans as yet so nothing to show for the travel at the moment