ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel overseas if my IRP card has incorrect details?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gc04
Newly Registered
Philippines

Can I travel overseas if my IRP card has incorrect details?

Post by gc04 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:44 am

Hi!
I have received my IRP card (Stamp 1) but the gender indicated is incorrect. I raised this error to the immigration office (GNIB) but it's more than a month and I haven't received a response (I went to the Garda office and tried calling but they said they can't assist and that the proper procedure is to send an email and wait for the response. Very frustrating, tbh). My passport has a stamp in it indicating the validity of stay.

I have an upcoming UK visa appointment so I would like to know if this is a point of concern or potential ground for visa denial.
Also, if in case the visa was approved, will this be a concern at the airport's immigration check when I go and return to Ireland?

Thank you in advance to anyone who will respond.
(I'm a Philippine passport holder and has work permit here in Ireland valid until 2024)

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Can I travel overseas if my IRP card has incorrect details?

Post by jesonnn » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:44 pm

gc04 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:44 am
Hi!
I have received my IRP card (Stamp 1) but the gender indicated is incorrect. I raised this error to the immigration office (GNIB) but it's more than a month and I haven't received a response (I went to the Garda office and tried calling but they said they can't assist and that the proper procedure is to send an email and wait for the response. Very frustrating, tbh). My passport has a stamp in it indicating the validity of stay.

I have an upcoming UK visa appointment so I would like to know if this is a point of concern or potential ground for visa denial.
Also, if in case the visa was approved, will this be a concern at the airport's immigration check when I go and return to Ireland?

(I'm a Philippine passport holder and has work permit here in Ireland valid until 2024)
That's strange, I have wrong expired date, I sent an email to Garda and they told me ask in local office, don't ask us by email (it is not Dublin), looks like they always putting people frustrated by those double standards

jesonnn
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Can I travel overseas if my IRP card has incorrect details?

Post by jesonnn » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:55 pm

gc04 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:44 am
Hi!

I am on 99% sure local office will not help, once I get card it was at envelope, I opened in front of my officer, I do believe they (locals) are not responsible and can't fix for mistakes made somewhere in main inis office where the cards are being made. Need to call/email and push them, maximum negotiate with locals, I am likely sure when you come to local office they will be asking you or calling themselves to some main office where all cards are being made, this is mistake of main office... I reckon, but they play that ping pong to make people frustrated