ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application Discussion 2022

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

manny24
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Passport Application Discussion 2022

Post by manny24 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:06 pm

NFH5 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:45 pm
manny24 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:56 pm
NFH5 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:33 pm
manny24 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:27 pm
Been requested to send my original passport for my application 5 days after estimation due date, as it seems the certified copy of the passport which I sent, was not accepted, my application passed the verify documents status stage and it was on Process doc status.
This is quite strange as there are number of people here who sent the certified copies of their passport and had a straight processes.
My estimation due date was 15th July 22 and now estimation date is15 Aug 22, I don't know why they add another month to verify the passport as other documents were already verified.
On what basis did you acquire Irish citizenship and in which country do you live?

Is the request to supply an original passport consistent with the document requirements at https://www.dfa.ie/passports/documentar ... ornabroad/ ?
Irish citizenship through naturalisation and applied from Ireland.
As an alternative to an original passport, had you supplied a photocopy of your Public Services Card or a certified copy of your driving licence, pursuant to https://www.dfa.ie/passports/documentar ... .en.358286 ?
On top of certified copy of my original passport, I submitted the PSC card (not photocopy), utility bills and P60. The doc verification stage was completed, and it was in the process documents stage for two weeks, then they decided to request the original passport which I sent and delivered on next day. The disappoint is, the estimation date has changed to 15/08 from original 15/07, they will take a month to verify original passport, which it doesn't make sense.
Anyway I hope they will be quick to process.

NFH5
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NFH5 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:10 pm

manny24 wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:06 pm
NFH5 wrote:
manny24 wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
manny24 wrote:
Been requested to send my original passport for my application 5 days after estimation due date, as it seems the certified copy of the passport which I sent, was not accepted, my application passed the verify documents status stage and it was on Process doc status.
This is quite strange as there are number of people here who sent the certified copies of their passport and had a straight processes.
My estimation due date was 15th July 22 and now estimation date is15 Aug 22, I don't know why they add another month to verify the passport as other documents were already verified.
On what basis did you acquire Irish citizenship and in which country do you live?

Is the request to supply an original passport consistent with the document requirements at https://www.dfa.ie/passports/documentar ... ornabroad/ ?
As an alternative to an original passport, had you supplied a photocopy of your Public Services Card or a certified copy of your driving licence, pursuant to https://www.dfa.ie/passports/documentar ... .en.358286 ?
On top of certified copy of my original passport, I submitted the PSC card (not photocopy), utility bills and P60. The doc verification stage was completed, and it was in the process documents stage for two weeks, then they decided to request the original passport which I sent and delivered on next day. The disappoint is, the estimation date has changed to 15/08 from original 15/07, they will take a month to verify original passport, which it doesn't make sense.
I think you should query via WebChat why they are asking for documents over and above those listed at https://www.dfa.ie/passports/documentar ... .en.358286

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:23 pm

manny24 wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
manny24 wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
manny24 wrote:

manny can I ask who certified the copy of your passport? Was it lawyer, notary public or peace commissioner? A colour copy of passport (ID page only) certified by peace commissioner worked here.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:43 am

manny24 wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
manny24 wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
manny24 wrote:

I originally applied online 23/09/21. My original estimated issue date was 14/12/21. Just after the estimated issue date had passed, they sent me an email requesting proof of ID (despite me having sent them original passport, utility bills, wage slip etc). Frustratingly they then amended the estimated issue date to March 8 - once they request more information, unfortunately you back to the end of the queue. When they eventually did look at my application in April, they said that too long had expired since the original application in September and I would to reapply. This I did, and sent off all the exact same information as before in my first application, and my application went through successfully this time, albeit 4 weeks after the estimated issue date. The passport system in Dublin is unfair and needs an overhaul. I honestly believe that when they ask for more documents it is just a delaying tactic to justify they are running slow and attempt to blame it on the applicant

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:52 am

G Dog wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:43 am
manny24 wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
manny24 wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
manny24 wrote:

I originally applied online 23/09/21. My original estimated issue date was 14/12/21. Just after the estimated issue date had passed, they sent me an email requesting proof of ID (despite me having sent them original passport, utility bills, wage slip etc). Frustratingly they then amended the estimated issue date to March 8 - once they request more information, unfortunately you back to the end of the queue. When they eventually did look at my application in April, they said that too long had expired since the original application in September and I would to reapply. This I did, and sent off all the exact same information as before in my first application, and my application went through successfully this time, albeit 4 weeks after the estimated issue date. The passport system in Dublin is unfair and needs an overhaul. I honestly believe that when they ask for more documents it is just a delaying tactic to justify they are running slow and attempt to blame it on the applicant
Wow, what happened to you was awful. So sorry and thank goodness in the end you got sorted. I sent all my documentation on Friday and fingers crossed everything will go smoothly because I need my original passport back soon. I'll probably need to request it via chat like other people did. Thanks for all the precious info you provided!

manny24
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by manny24 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:20 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:23 pm
manny24 wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
manny24 wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
manny24 wrote:

manny can I ask who certified the copy of your passport? Was it lawyer, notary public or peace commissioner? A colour copy of passport (ID page only) certified by peace commissioner worked here.
I sent the colour copy of the passport(ID page and last page) and both copies were certified by the lawyer.

G Dog
Ireland

Post by G Dog » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:11 pm

manny24 wrote:
Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:20 pm
NiallPP wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:23 pm
manny24 wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
manny24 wrote:
NFH5 wrote:

I sent the colour copy of the passport(ID page and last page) and both copies were certified by the lawyer.
That should have been adequate...sorry to hear that they have decided this

NiallPP
Ireland

Post by NiallPP » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:49 am

I sent colour copies of Passport ID and bio page, as well as colour copies of birth certificate (and translation) instead of originals - all certified by Peace Commissioner along with a copy of PSC card (not certified), which all seems to have worked fine and without question as passport has been printed and dispatched now.

Its a bit shocking they weren't happy with yours, some rules seem to be applied differently!

NFH5
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NFH5 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:18 pm

2lambbhuna+ wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:10 pm
NFH5 wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:01 pm
23/05/2022: Online application
24/05/2022: Documents posted from London
27/05/2022: Documents delivered to Balbriggan
07/06/2022: Status changed to "Processing application: We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents".
12/07/2022: Estimated issue date (updated on 07/06/2022)
I have the exact same timeline as you. Applied on 23/05/2022 and documents 'received' on 07/06/2022. Was meant to be issued on 12/07/2022 but nothing. Contacted the help line and told me there is nothing to be done. I have seen that plenty of applications have been processed after us however. Have you had any luck reaching out to the office?
Mine changed to "processing application" on 01/07/2022. WebChat told me on 22/07/2022 that they were going to send it for "review" because it is so far past its estimated issue date.

2lambbhuna+
Newly Registered
France

Post by 2lambbhuna+ » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:36 pm

NFH5 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:18 pm
2lambbhuna+ wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
07/06/2022: Status changed to "Processing application: We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents".
I have the exact same timeline as you. Applied on 23/05/2022 and documents 'received' on 07/06/2022. Was meant to be issued on 12/07/2022 but nothing. Contacted the help line and told me there is nothing to be done. I have seen that plenty of applications have been processed after us however. Have you had any luck reaching out to the office?
Mine changed to "processing application" on 01/07/2022. WebChat told me on 22/07/2022 that they were going to send it for "review" because it is so far past its estimated issue date.
Okay, it makes sense for a review with the length of time we have been waiting. If you hear any news, please let me know on the forum as we both share the same dates and timeline. It is looking like we probably have another few weeks wait by the looks of it.

NFH5
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NFH5 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:40 pm

2lambbhuna+ wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:36 pm
NFH5 wrote:
2lambbhuna+ wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
Okay, it makes sense for a review with the length of time we have been waiting. If you hear any news, please let me know on the forum as we both share the same dates and timeline. It is looking like we probably have another few weeks wait by the looks of it.
Will do. Did yours likewise change to "processing application" on 01/07/2022? And are you in Ireland or the UK? This might be relevant, although WebChat told me it's not.

2lambbhuna+
Newly Registered
France

Post by 2lambbhuna+ » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:53 pm

NFH5 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:40 pm
2lambbhuna+ wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:36 pm
NFH5 wrote:
2lambbhuna+ wrote:
NFH5 wrote:
Will do. Did yours likewise change to "processing application" on 01/07/2022? And are you in Ireland or the UK? This might be relevant, although WebChat told me it's not.

I cannot see a date next to my 'processing application' mark. It just shows the current days date. So yesterday it showed yesterdays date, today it shows todays date etc. I applied via FBR from the UK. Funny that WebChat told you its not relevant, as I have just come off WebChat and one of the staff told me that applicants living in Ireland and applying through naturalisation have much quicker applications that FBR from abroad.
Can't quite understand the logic, as at this point all First Time applicants are citizens, and have to have their application witnessed etc. If I hear anything I will keep you updated.

NFH5
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NFH5 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:07 pm

2lambbhuna+ wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:53 pm
I applied via FBR from the UK. Funny that WebChat told you its not relevant, as I have just come off WebChat and one of the staff told me that applicants living in Ireland and applying through naturalisation have much quicker applications that FBR from abroad.
Can't quite understand the logic, as at this point all First Time applicants are citizens, and have to have their application witnessed etc. If I hear anything I will keep you updated.
That's interesting. I even asked whether a different team deals with UK applications, which might specialise with UK-specific requirements such as UK government documents, but he told me "same team's do all applications no matter where they come in from" [sic].

Anyway my citizenship is not by FBR, but naturalisation with the residency requirement waived through Irish descent. I live in London. It seems that it's UK residency, not type of citizenship, which might be slowing things down for us.

NFH5
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by NFH5 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:58 pm

2lambbhuna+ wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:53 pm
I cannot see a date next to my 'processing application' mark. It just shows the current days date. So yesterday it showed yesterdays date, today it shows todays date etc.
Yes, the last status change date always shows the current day's date. It's clearly a bug in the system. You won't see the date that it really did change to the current status until it moves to the next status. The only way to know the last status change date is to check at least once per day, which is I'm sure what many people here do.

JV24
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JV24 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:36 pm

Online application: 16th June 2022
Documents posted: 20th June 2022
Documents delivered: 21st of June 2022
Status changed to processing (verifying documents): Not advised
Status changed to processing: 8th July 2022
Status changed to printing: 25th July 2022
Status changed to dispatched: 25th July 2022
Status changed to passport card being printed: 25th July 2022
Status changed to passport card dispatched:
Estimated issue date: 20th July 2022
**UPDATE**
Tracker not updating, telephone call and webchat both confirm documents received and anticipated issue date is 20th July 2022 (crossing fingers and toes)
**Update 9th July 2022**
Tracker finally updated on 8th July 2022 and confirmed estimated issue date as 20th July 2022. The status has changed to “processing application, your application is being processed ”. No mention of received supporting documents or verifying documents. Would anybody know if I have moved on because the tracker was down or at what actual stage the application may now be?
** UPDATE**
They have lost the run of themselves and are printing and dispatching like mad. Looks as if the end is in sight, now it's to sit by the postbox!!!

manny24
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by manny24 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:46 pm

NiallPP wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:49 am
I sent colour copies of Passport ID and bio page, as well as colour copies of birth certificate (and translation) instead of originals - all certified by Peace Commissioner along with a copy of PSC card (not certified), which all seems to have worked fine and without question as passport has been printed and dispatched now.

Its a bit shocking they weren't happy with yours, some rules seem to be applied differently!
Very Congrats. They are very inconsistence on this,

sztpdl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sztpdl » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:35 pm

JV24 wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:36 pm
Online application: 16th June 2022
Documents posted: 20th June 2022
Documents delivered: 21st of June 2022
Status changed to processing (verifying documents): Not advised
Status changed to processing: 8th July 2022
Status changed to printing: 25th July 2022
Status changed to dispatched: 25th July 2022
Status changed to passport card being printed: 25th July 2022
Status changed to passport card dispatched:
Estimated issue date: 20th July 2022
**UPDATE**
Tracker not updating, telephone call and webchat both confirm documents received and anticipated issue date is 20th July 2022 (crossing fingers and toes)
**Update 9th July 2022**
Tracker finally updated on 8th July 2022 and confirmed estimated issue date as 20th July 2022. The status has changed to “processing application, your application is being processed ”. No mention of received supporting documents or verifying documents. Would anybody know if I have moved on because the tracker was down or at what actual stage the application may now be?
** UPDATE**
They have lost the run of themselves and are printing and dispatching like mad. Looks as if the end is in sight, now it's to sit by the postbox!!!
Did you get an an post tracking number?

JV24
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JV24 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:16 pm

Hi there, no postal tracking number received, just that it was posted today, 25.07.2022. I will advise if it arrives in tomorrow’s post.

sztpdl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sztpdl » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:47 am

So it was not just me who did not receive one

JV24
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JV24 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:36 am

Good morning, not just you indeed. The postman arrived, passport finally in hand, should have card tomorrow, journey’s end. One year, eight months and 18 days from naturalisation application, 36 days(including weekends) 26 working days from the submission of documents to passport in my postbox. It is undoubtedly an arduous and lengthy process, you don’t really have a choice but to endure it. Let me tell you the opening of that envelope this morning is really pretty sweet.
Good luck to those who continue to wait and thank you to all the contributors on these fora who have been of enormous comfort and help.

JV24
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by JV24 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:36 am

Good morning, not just you indeed. The postman arrived, passport finally in hand, should have card tomorrow, journey’s end. One year, eight months and 18 days from naturalisation application, 36 days(including weekends) 26 working days from the submission of documents to passport in my postbox. It is undoubtedly an arduous and lengthy process, you don’t really have a choice but to endure it. Let me tell you the opening of that envelope this morning is really pretty sweet.
Good luck to those who continue to wait and thank you to all the contributors on these fora who have been of enormous comfort and help.

sztpdl
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sztpdl » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:48 am

I received mine as well today and it was a wonderful feeling after all the waiting. Good luck to the rest of you.

baqa
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by baqa » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:22 pm

Another data point here - first time passport application based on naturalization, living in Ireland. I sent:
  • Original Naturalization Certificate
  • Citizenship "Approval" letter (for name verification)
  • Revenue letter (for address verification)
  • Copies of every page of current foreign passport including front and back cover, with every page certified by solicitor
  • Passport certification page from the latest citizenship application form, with solicitor's certification and information (figured it wouldn't hurt)
  • Copy of PSC front and back, certified by solicitor
  • Copy of Irish driver's license front and back, certified by solicitor
  • Identity verification form, signed/logged by Gardai
Overkill? Maybe. But, received my passport today, which was 7 calendar days after my original estimated delivery date. No original passport needed in my case.

Best of luck all!

duffy1867

Post by duffy1867 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:19 pm

For a first time application, I understand (among other things) we need to submit;
Proof of address such as Government correspondence such as a letter from the Department of Social Protection or the Revenue Commissioners. If you do not have these, original utility bills, or bank statements can be considered.
I do have these, but the Government don't write to me that often (probably a good thing!) - so some of the letters are from January 2022 - so 8 months old

Does anyone have any experience of gov docs not being accepted for being too old?

AmiVera2022
Mood:
Italy

Post by AmiVera2022 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:01 am

duffy1867 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:19 pm
For a first time application, I understand (among other things) we need to submit;
Proof of address such as Government correspondence such as a letter from the Department of Social Protection or the Revenue Commissioners. If you do not have these, original utility bills, or bank statements can be considered.
I do have these, but the Government don't write to me that often (probably a good thing!) - so some of the letters are from January 2022 - so 8 months old

Does anyone have any experience of gov docs not being accepted for being too old?
January 2022 is this year so it should be fine. I sent the following: a revenue letter from 2019, a cervical check letter from March 2022 and the naturalization letter that came with the certificate. The revenue letter is old but it can be used as proof of name, while the other 2 as proof of address. They must have liked those letters because the status of my application passed from verifying documents to processing in only 5 days