ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India tourist visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ksegal
Newly Registered

India tourist visa

Post by ksegal » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:31 pm

Hi,

I am a UK citizen based in Leeds but unfortunately not able to find an appointment in time for areas serving Yorkshire - Birmingham and affiliates (Manchester, Bradford & Leicester)

May I know if someone has experience of submitting an application in London? Does the VFS accept from counties out of jurisdiction?

Thank you in advance for any help.

KS

ksegal
Newly Registered

Re: India tourist visa

Post by ksegal » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:46 pm

Found this link.
https://www.hcilondon.gov.in/docs/16372 ... 112021.pdf
Page - 7 mentions

"Check your
Jurisdiction
https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/Jurisdiction.html
For the help of our Diaspora, applications for any service can be accepted at any
place, i.e., London, Birmingham and Edinburgh. Applicants can submit their
application irrespective of their jurisdiction as per his/her convenience and
choice, provided that application is registered and filled up for that particular
jurisdiction/ center e.g. GBRL registration is for London and will be accepted only
in London and similarly GBRB is for Birmingham and GBRE for Edinburgh."

Hoping yes is the answer to own question. Has anyone tried? Thank you

rainbowbutterfly
Mood:
India

Post by rainbowbutterfly » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:55 pm

You can submit your application outside your jurisdiction. Only care to take is that when you fill the application, choose the jurisdiction that you will submit to. E.g. If you live in Birmingham but want to submit application in London, choose your jurisdiction as London. Birmingham jursidiction application will not be accepted in London VFS.

ksegal
Newly Registered

Post by ksegal » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:21 pm

Thanks for the reply.

- (a) I understand a digital picture is required to upload to the online form. OR (b) I simply glue a physical picture after printing the form. OR do we need to do both a) and b) Can someone guide pls?

- I don't believe there is a need to scan and upload copies of documents online - bills, previous visa, copies of passport etc. I will take physical copies with me to VFS. Can I check please?

Hope the e-visa comes back :(

Thanks
KS