ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have schigeian visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sailkot
Newly Registered
Pakistan

I have schigeian visa

Post by Sailkot » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:51 pm

Hello.
I have schiegian visa, I am traveling to France from 18 August to 19 August. Do I need any medical, or any other travel insurance to enter france, my wife is French national and 3 kids with French passport

I have eu settlement scheme indefindate on brp card. I have pakistani passport.

Please kindly let me know

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: I have schigeian visa

Post by Ticktack » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:33 am

Sailkot wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:51 pm
Hello.
I have schiegian visa, I am traveling to France from 18 August to 19 August. Do I need any medical, or any other travel insurance to enter france, my wife is French national and 3 kids with French passport

I have eu settlement scheme indefindate on brp card. I have pakistani passport.

Please kindly let me know
Not sure anyone would ask you about that at the Boarder, but it's always nice to have it. Just in case!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:18 pm

Travel Insurance is highly recommended and not very expensive, whatever your status in the UK, including British citizens.
Have you applied for an EHIC card through your wife, as family member of an EU citizen? This would give you free or low cost emergency treatment in an EU country. https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/health ... card-ghic/
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:32 pm

Foreign travel advice
France
It’s important to take out appropriate travel insurance for your needs. A GHIC or EHIC is not an alternative to travel insurance and you should have both before you travel. It does not cover all health-related costs, for example, medical repatriation, ongoing medical treatment and non-urgent treatment. Read more about what your travel insurance should cover.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/health

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:53 pm

There are 2 types of cover available.

You can apply for either:

a UK Global Health Insurance Card (UK GHIC)
a UK European Health Insurance Card (UK EHIC), if you have rights under the Withdrawal Agreement

There is no deadline to apply for a GHIC or EHIC. If you have an existing EHIC, you can continue to use it until it expires.
https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/health ... card-ghic/