ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CoS start date delay more than 28 days

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

udeshkumara
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

CoS start date delay more than 28 days

Post by udeshkumara » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:05 pm

Dear members,

I am currently outside UK and I received a skilled visa. The start date stated in my CoS is 1 August. As per the law, the start date can only be delayed by 28 days.
Only exception is when the Worker is serving a contractual notice period.
Question 1:want to know if this exception also valid for worker serving notice period outside UK.

The employer is okay to start the work on 19 September and will notify the Home Office.

Question 2: if I enter UK on 19 September, will imigration consider this as a ground for refusal (as delayed is more than 28 days)

Look forward for your valuable response.

Regards
Uk

The ground of refusal will not apply in this case

sg22
India

Re: CoS start date delay more than 28 days

Post by sg22 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:48 pm

Hi Udesh,

It also depends on dates on your vignette. Can you confirm dates on your visa Vignette?

Regards,
SG

udeshkumara
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by udeshkumara » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:53 am

Hi SG,

The vignette is valid from 01 Aug for 90 days.

Kind regards
Udesh

udeshkumara
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by udeshkumara » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:15 am

Highly appreciate your response. It will help me to plan the entry to the UK

sg22
India

Post by sg22 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:05 pm

Hi Udesh,

Replied in detail in your other thread. I did not have problem in entering on 50th day from the date mentioned on my vignette.

The 28 day rule starts from the date when you enter UK. This UK entry date should be within the 90 day period mentioned on Vignette.

This is based on my experience. Come as soon as possible.

Regards,
SG
P.S. : If you need, you may refer to a lawyer.

NewBury
Newly Registered

Post by NewBury » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:05 pm

Hi, I have a question related to 28 day rule and the validity of CoS. The start date on my CoS used during application was 26th July. However we are still waiting for the decision on our switching of skilled worker visa application within UK. Our initial understanding was that the start date cannot be later than the 28 days of the start mentioned on the CoS during application else it gets revoked.In our case the start date has now moved to end of August which is more than 28 days period and still no decision yet.

We were advised by the immigration consultant that the work start date can be within 28 days from either work start date in your Certificate of Sponsorship/ date of decision/ date of visa issuance, whichever is later. In this instance, we can consider the date of decision.Does anyone has any idea on this situation? Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks

sg22
India

Post by sg22 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:36 pm

Hi,

This thread was for out of UK application. Combining "within UK" application query here will make it confusing for anyone reading this thread later.

Request to keep separate queries for different contexts. Admin may do the needful, if required.

Regards,
SG