ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR authorised absences and continuous period under skilled worker

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jajko007
Newly Registered
Malaysia

ILR authorised absences and continuous period under skilled worker

Post by Jajko007 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:55 am

Hi All,

I am looking at the 5 year ILR on a skilled worker visa (I have had two sponsors).Grateful if someone can advise on the below:

In 2020 I worked remotely for 60 days, this was allowed by my sponsor. In December 2020 my employment ceased (my visa was valid until 2022), and in Feb 2021 applied for skilled worker visa under a new employer.

1. Do I need to provide a letter from my first sponsor about my absences which were remote working in 2020? I am no longer in contact with them

2. Is my continuous period in tact during the December 2020 to Feb 2021 period? I never received a curtailment letter. Will I have any issues with this?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR authorised absences and continuous period under skilled worker

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:53 am

No need for a letter from the previous sponsor. Your continuous residence remains intact

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-set-o ... l#p2027888
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jajko007
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Jajko007 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:32 pm

Thank you Zimba. May I ask if I had gone in and out of the country during that period when my employment had ended does that disrupt my continuous residence? Never got the curtailment letter or anything like that..

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:57 pm

No it does not
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Jajko007
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by Jajko007 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:42 pm

Why do I see some posts that say if you leave the country when your employment with the sponsor has ceased then your leave is automatically curtailed? Or is that just wrong

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:51 am

Jajko007 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:42 pm
Why do I see some posts that say if you leave the country when your employment with the sponsor has ceased then your leave is automatically curtailed? Or is that just wrong
I am not sure what you are talking about. Maybe you mean this: Leaving the UK while you have any pending visa application means the such application is automatically withdrawn.

Curtailment is something else. It is that you have a valid visa and UKVI curtails it to a new expiry date (for example because you lost your job or you failed to follow the rules, etc) Unless a visa is curtailed, your visa remains valid until the expiry