ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

movement to Skilled Worker Visa from ICT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

naval109
Newly Registered

movement to Skilled Worker Visa from ICT

Post by naval109 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:30 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have a query. I am currently on ICT visa and I have an offer from another company sponsoring Skilled Worker Visa. My current organization has a notice period is 3 months. I got the COS from another company starting after 3 months, As per Skilled Worker Visa, I can only submit application at most 3 months before COS start date. Is it possible that I resign after getting my BRP card of Skilled Worker whose start date will fall between my 3 months notice period.

Sample dates
Skilled Worked COS Start date: 10 Nov 2022
can submit application only after 10 Aug 2022(3 months before COS date)
with priority service will get my BRP by 25 Aug and will resign on same date for safer side
3 months notice period will last till 25 Nov 2022

Is it legal to have 2 Visas overlapping each other where COS for second(Skilled Worker) overlapping with ICT.

please advice.

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Re: movement to Skilled Worker Visa from ICT

Post by Hampshire » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:55 pm

After your brp is granted, you cannot work. If you resign after BRP from s granted, you can't fulfill your notice period and potential buyout notice period.

It won't be an ideal situation. Apply for skilled worker visa and resign. You have to give and take.