ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) dependent instead of SET(O) dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ssak
Newly Registered

SET(M) dependent instead of SET(O) dependent

Post by Ssak » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:37 pm

Hi, By mistake I applied SET(M) for my dependents after I received ILR, Applied standard route(only available),After couple of months I came to know through my friend I applied wrong application because TIE2 PBS dependent should apply SET(O). And then I applied SET(O) new application mentioned previous application SET(M) reference number and my dependents Tier2 PBS dependent visa expired.

My query is If Tier2 PBS dependent visa expired still my dependent SET(O) acceptable? and also still i didn't receive any decision on previous SET(M) application.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: SET(M) dependent instead of SET(O) dependent

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:56 pm

Ssak wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:37 pm
Hi, By mistake I applied SET(M) for my dependents after I received ILR, Applied standard route(only available),After couple of months I came to know through my friend I applied wrong application because TIE2 PBS dependent should apply SET(O). And then I applied SET(O) new application mentioned previous application SET(M) reference number and my dependents Tier2 PBS dependent visa expired.

My query is If Tier2 PBS dependent visa expired still my dependent SET(O) acceptable? and also still i didn't receive any decision on previous SET(M) application.

Thanks
You cannot have two simultaneous applications. So when you apply for a new application when another one is pending, the second one is treated as the variation of the first application. As you applied before your visa expiry, Section 3C protections apply so the conditions of your dependant visa are automatically extended until a decision comes through
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:47 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:56 pm
Ssak wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:37 pm

Thanks
You cannot have two simultaneous applications. So when you apply for a new application when another one is pending, the second one is treated as the variation of the first application. As you applied before your visa expiry, Section 3C protections apply so the conditions of your dependant visa are automatically extended until a decision comes through
Thanks for you reply, I already applied SET(O) for my dependents and mentioned old SET(M) ref number, If I'll write cover letter to treat this SET(O) as vary application, Is it okay? I need to fill any other separate form, Please advice me.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:56 pm

No. As I said it will be viewed as a variation by default
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:58 pm

Zimba wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:56 pm
No. As I said it will viewed as a variation by default
Oh Okay, Thank you for your help to understand about this.

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:50 am

Hi,

Please suggest Now I am in Section 3C protection, What document need to update for Evidence of immigration? Can I keep my previous SET(M) application for evidence of immigration?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:07 am

Ssak wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:50 am
Hi,

Please suggest Now I am in Section 3C protection, What document need to update for Evidence of immigration? Can I keep my previous SET(M) application for evidence of immigration?
Evidence of immigration to whom? Why do you think you'd need one?
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:13 am

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:07 am
Ssak wrote:
Hi,

I applied Vary application SET(O) for dependents, My decedents are in section 3C protection and This Thursday going for Biometrics and in checklist asked for evidence of immigration.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:36 am

Ssak wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:13 am
Ticktack wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:07 am
Ssak wrote:
Hi,

I applied Vary application SET(O) for dependents, My decedents are in section 3C protection and This Thursday going for Biometrics and in checklist asked for evidence of immigration.
Evidence of immigration is your BRP card. Regardless of the Expiry date. That's what allows you to stay here.

The application form is just what it is. Application for extension, not a status.

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 am

Thank you so much.

And also In Other documents for kids asking for proof of application, What document I can update.
For kids mandatory documents session asked for Proof of Identity/ Travel history and I gave current and old passports with BRP card. Is it okay or still need to update anything for proof of application?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:36 am

Ssak wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 am
Thank you so much.

And also In Other documents for kids asking for proof of application, What document I can update.
For kids mandatory documents session asked for Proof of Identity/ Travel history and I gave current and old passports with BRP card. Is it okay or still need to update anything for proof of application?That's all fine.
You can attach the email showing their application. The ones with the HO reference numbers. The system as are inter-linked someway somehow. They would find them regardless, but for rest of mind chuck in the reference numbers!

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:29 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:36 am
Ssak wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:07 am
Thank you so much.

For kids mandatory documents session asked for Proof of Identity/ Travel history and I gave current and old passports with BRP card. Is it okay or still need to update anything for proof of application?That's all fine.
You can attach the email showing their application. The ones with the HO reference numbers. The system as are inter-linked someway somehow. They would find them regardless, but for rest of mind chuck in the reference numbers!
Great help, Thank you

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:34 pm

Hi ,

I did my vary application for dependents SET(M) instead of SET(O) and its approved. Thanks all moderators.

Now my pervious application automatically void and I'll get refund? as it mentioned in UKVI with in 28 days?
Or I need to Cancel(withdraw) my previous application through online?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:16 am

Ssak wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:34 pm
Hi ,

I did my vary application for dependents SET(M) instead of SET(O) and its approved. Thanks all moderators.

Now my pervious application automatically void and I'll get refund? as it mentioned in UKVI with in 28 days?
Or I need to Cancel(withdraw) my previous application through online?

Thanks
There is no previous application as it was varied. You should get a refund

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:06 am

Thanks Zimba, Then I didn't get any email regarding refund, Some of them Cancel the application through online.
In this case I need to wait for refund or anything I need to call or email to UKVI?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:38 am

Ssak wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:06 am
Thanks Zimba, Then I didn't get any email regarding refund, Some of them Cancel the application through online.
In this case I need to wait for refund or anything I need to call or email to UKVI?
Immigration and nationality refunds policy
Process to request a refund for services relating to an immigration application or service

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:21 am

Thanks for the links provided, Unfortunately I don't see correct type of information my case.

No ware mentioned how to apply for varied application refund.

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:21 pm

There is no such a thing as a 'varied application refund'. You request a refund and they issue it if they see you are eligible.
You want a refund of your fee but you do not want to cancel (withdraw) your
applications (for example, it is a duplicate payment) you should contact us at:
contact centre staff by telephone or email and provide the following information for
you and any dependants:
- name
- date of birth
- Nationality
- passport number
- IHS reference number (if applicable)
- GWF (13 digit) reference number (if applicable)
- visa application reference number
- reason for your refund request

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:45 pm

Thanks for information

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:45 pm

Brilliant,Thanks for information

Ssak
Newly Registered

Post by Ssak » Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:55 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:21 pm
There is no such a thing as a 'varied application refund'. You request a refund and they issue it if they see you are eligible.
You want a refund of your fee but you do not want to cancel (withdraw) your
applications (for example, it is a duplicate payment) you should contact us at:
contact centre staff by telephone or email and provide the following information for
you and any dependants:
- name
- date of birth
- Nationality
- passport number
- IHS reference number (if applicable)
- GWF (13 digit) reference number (if applicable)
- visa application reference number
- reason for your refund request
Thanks for the information, Possible let me know email id and phone number please. I am trying 0844 892 0232, but no response.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:31 pm

I have no other information. You should contact the UKVI official numbers and take it from there